“Great location and very family friendly!”

Holiday Inn Ocean City
Ranked #33 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We were here for a work training and I brought my family along. The room was very clean, the staff were amazingly helpful. The kids enjoyed the pool and game room. The best thing is that everything was walking distance from the Hotel. We had a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Aryani E

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We needed a weekend away, so as always we looked for a value somewhere not too far from home. As we looked at beach locations in the mid Atlantic, we settled on Ocean City, Md as it's not a terrible drive for us and it looked like we could get an ocean front hotel for a relatively reasonable price. We eventually settled on this hotel and we weren't disappointed. We chose an "Eastern Ocean Front King". I couldn't figure out exactly what that meant before we got there but when we got to the room I quickly understood the description. The hotel is built in an "L" and we were in the long section that does face the ocean, but back a ways behind the pool and tennis court area. The view to the north and south are blocked by the rest of the hotel and the neighboring buildings. But even so, it's a broad view of the ocean. The room itself was quite comfortable and clean. The heat unit was relatively quiet, and the bathroom was clean and convenient. The private balcony was quite pleasant, but we couldn't use it all that much as we were there on the weekend of the most recent heavy snowstorm in that area. We did use the hot tub and it was clean and functioning quite well. In fact there are 2 hot tubs beside each other in the pool room, and the pool was clean and quite pleasant. The only "complaint" is that the pool is in a completely enclosed room with no outside light, so it makes it feel a little close. The folks at the front desk were quite pleasant, and even better one kind lady informed us of a special they offer where if we stay there at any time throughout the year we can get that room type during the Thanksgiving early December time frame for $17 a night - that's a deal. And oh yeah, they keep fresh bananas and oranges in a big basket in the lobby. Yummy snacks anytime. We didn't patronize any of the 3 eating establishments at the hotel, but they looked pleasant, and at this time of the year, quite empty. All in all, the hotel is a pleasant property, especially considering it is a "shore" hotel.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and get either the Eastern Ocean Front or Direct Ocean Front.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tubaman77-CTC
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My husband & I once again had a wonderful stay at the Holiday Inn Oceanfront. We stay often and each experience is always a good one. This hotel is constantly upgrading its appearance. It's always clean and the staff very professional. Highly recommend this hotel.

Dee & Bud O'Donnell

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We stayed here in August of 2013. The room was dirty. The elevators were broken. I would not of eaten anything cooked in the kitchenette if you paid me. The location was ok, and the beach was nice. The pool was the typical over chlorinated hotel pool. Just not my idea of a vacation. Go To Treasure Island, Florida instead. I would rate the hotel 2 stars at it's best.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Jasey19
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ocean City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Dear Country C,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret you were not satisfied with the conditions you experienced. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be. Thank you again for your comments.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I spent a weekend with a church youth group here. The front desk staff never lost their cool with our large, though well-behaved (I Think!) group. The rooms are spacious. Ours had an ocean view. The kitchen has a full size fridge! I also liked the "firm" and "soft" labels on the pillows. A good experience. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank lawcello
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and we loved it. The view from our balcony was breathe taking. I would wake up around 5:00am and watch the sunrise over the Atlantic Ocean and I was taken away by the beauty of it all. The hotel allows smoking. The room was clean and spacious, the bathroom was nice also and modern. The restaurant had excellent food and so beautiful, we ate there twice for dinner, try the French onion soup!! The hotel has an indoor pool and great location to everything you want to do. We love to fish so we could fish in the bay or the ocean, WHAT A TREAT!! there is also a carnival on the board walk which was not open yet because we went in November 2013 and that was off season. I prefer off season because I don't want to be crowded by all those spring breakers. I loved it so much that I am going to take my twin girls and nieces there for there spring break this year 2014.

Room Tip: the higher the room the better the view of the ocean
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank queencrab3
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed her for a couple of nights with my family. Maybe it was a great place 20 years ago. Now it is just really worn down.
This is the worst Holiday Inn I ever stayed in. The place needs thorough renovation really bad.
Hot tub was closed. Tanning bed broken since weeks. Fitness room with broken machines. Rooms not very clean. Found dirty dishes in the closet and puke on the cupboard. The charming scent of unwashed bodies, old garlic and mold will welcome and accompany you in many locations. Great location and view on the ocean, though. Front desk helpful and polite.

• Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank Usain J
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ocean City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Dear Usain J,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on and we are sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. We would love to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

We look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Janice A