“Totally an Ocean City Gem”

Lighthouse Club Hotel an Inn at Fager's Island
Ranked #1 of 18 Ocean City B&B and Inns
Foxridge
“Totally an Ocean City Gem”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This place was awesome. It was so very peaceful and homey. I enjoyed my stay there, and look forward to coming back again and again. We have planned a Girls Weekend for our family. The service was great, and the staff was so very accommodating. The hotel was so awesome my family sponsored a family reunion and stayed at another hotel they didn't like it so much they came to my hotel and I could not make them leave. We are planning a fantastic reunion next year and it will be here at Fager's Island.

Room Tip: Book early for the best rooms!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Reviewing the bar/ night scene. Haven't eaten here. Bar on a friday night crazy busy with lines to get in and $10.00 cover. Animalhouseband draws an amazing crowd and it is a concert-like atmosphere. Drinks a little pricey and I wouldn't even go here except for the band. ALWAYS brides to be with their entourages of girls wearing devil horns on their heads getting drunk and usually ending up on stage with the band at some point either singing or gyrating. Groups of these women every year. It seems that the bands encourage this. Dance floors on both sides (dj side as well) really crowded and usually not much room to move. All good except when every year, large drunk 20-something men stand right in front of the band, dancing and knocking into people all around them. Really obnoxious. Security very good. Outside area is nice and great to take a breather from the action inside. The dancing pole they installed on the dj side I find really offensive and in very poor taste. Walking out to the gazebo is cool. At 1:45 get ready to be herded out like door like cattle.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Avsummergirl2013
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our recent stay at the Edge on Fager's Island. I previously stayed at the Lighthouse on Fager's Island. It was very nice but the Edge was more our style.The Edge was modern, with high ceilings, luxurious decor, private balconies, and a sleek pool, all overlooking the bay. However, if you just saw the word "pool" and thought, "let''s pack up the kids!" let me stop you there. It's more of a romantic retreat so leave the kids at home. I didn't see one kid on the whole Island, which is why most people stay there. If you're even an extremely loud adult talking at the pool you may get a look or two. Ok, I was "that person", but I quickly got the memo. The whole idea is to take in the pampering, the scenery and relax. For fun activities I would recommend the 2 block walk to the beach or SUP lessons on the bay with Holly, which can be booked through the restaurant on the island.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sara p
Liverpool, New York
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Everything from the warm greeting and chilled sangria we were offered upon arrival, the home-made cookies in the beautiful back room every afternoon, the service we received from the staff to the beautiful sunsets they seemed to order us for us off of our balcony every evening, made our stay at the Lighthouse Suites one of the most pleasurable we have had in all of our travels. While Ocean City itself is probably a little more suited to families, staying on Fager's Island is really more for adults. Quiet and romantic. Luxurious. Really special. We loved the honor bar in the beautiful lodge-type living area on the first floor. There, you can enjoy a view of the bay and the glorious sunsets, not to mention a front row seat for the fireworks on the 4th. My husband and I loved it!!

Room Tip: Take advantage of the pool at the Inn just next door. It is small, but lovely and warm.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank lovalzip50
New York
Reviewed 29 June 2013

My husband and I recently spent our anniversary weekend at the Lighthouse. We have stayed here before, and we were so glad that we returned. From the moment we arrived, we knew we had made the right decision. Kathy at the front desk was warm and welcoming. We were greeted with a smile and two glasses of sangria, and we felt like we were "home." The room was as beautiful as we remembered. Although there was a recent review remarking how shabby the room had become since a previous visit, this was certainly not true in our case. We stayed in bay view room 203 and everything was in perfect condition! The reviewer had also commented on the poor condition of the deck, and our deck was fine, although it did need staining and sealing. We did not get any splinters from the deck. Kathy made us a reservation for our anniversary at Fager's Island, and we were not disappointed. In fact, we ate wonderful dinners there both nights! Now, back to the room. It is probably the nicest and most relaxing hotel room we have ever stayed in. We loved the double jacuzzi, the gas fireplace and the beautiful furnishings. The soaps and shampoos were so luxurious that we bought soap to take home with us. The only small quibble I had was the hairdryer that was provided. Next time I will bring my own. No problem! We thoroughly enjoyed the continental breakfast on our deck that was placed in our refrigerator in the evening. We also loved the turn down service in the evening. The room was refreshed, soft music was playing, candles were lit and there were chocolates placed on our pillows. Everyone who works at the Lighthouse, especially Kathy and John, always greeted us and asked if there was anything we needed. We will absolutely return to the Lighthouse in the future!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RBW
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I was looking for a place to take my wife for her birthday and since she loves lighthouses, this seemed the perfect fit. I chose one of the Lightkeeper suites with partial bay view. Lets start with the good:
Pros
- View: We had a nice view of the bay and could see directly west to get a view of the sunset
- Jacuzzi for two: Do I need to say more?
- Facility design: It is a lighthouse. Definitely different from your standard hotel.
- Deck: Each room has a private deck
- Location: At 56th Street you are close enough to everything

Cons
- The beds: Not sure exactly what it was, but neither my wife or I slept well on the bed. My wife felt the mattress was a little too firm, I thought my side had a sag in it.
- Furniture: A little dated and some of the upholstery had tears in it. The bamboo(?) look furniture didn't seem to match the lighthouse theme. The cushions would slide off the furniture as you sat on them.
- Deck: Yes, listing this as a con too. The decks need serious work. Many of the boards are warped and the nails are pulling out. Doesn't look like the wood has been stained or sealed in a long time (if ever). Don't go out on the deck in bear feet. We did and we ended up with splinters.
- TV: HD TV's in each room but they don't subscribe to HD TV service. Not that we were there to watch TV, but you don't expect penny pinching of this type with how much the rooms cost.

Note: There is no elevator. It is only a total of 3 floors with the rooms all on the top two. It appeared there may have been a handicapped lift, but it only goes to the second floor. If you need this, you will have to stay with a Lighthouse Suite.

At the end of the day, it was an unique experience that I am not upset that I chose. With that in mind, I will probably not stay here again unless they do a full renovation. Twenty years ago this was probably the place to stay, but time has moved on and this hotel has not kept up. For the money you have many other choices.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank geek_4food
Morrisville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Spent Memorial Day weekend at The Lighthouse, OC, MD. If you have not been.....you NEED to go! My hubby and I LOVED it! Upon checking in, you are greeted with Sangria...although it looked and tasted more like mamosa...it was fabulous! Absolutely LOVED our room and the view of the bay. Very roomy. And hotel is walking distance to everything. The food at rest at Fager was really good and entertainment was great, especially their Sunday jazz brunch! Every night, they will turn down your bed, light some candles and put fresh fruit, bread, orange juice and STARBUCKS coffee for you to have the next morning. We even got to see fireworks from our balcony....what a treat! Staff is AWESOME!!! We will definately be back! Thank you Lighthouse for making our stay a most welcoming and relaxing one. (:

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple