“My Happy Place”

Ranked #2 of 18 Ocean City B&B and Inns
Joppa, Maryland
“My Happy Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

My fiance and I were looking for a get away for some relief after some serious stress. Knowing how much I love the beach and lighthouses, he found this hotel. When we got there it was 100 x more amazing than we thought it would be. The minute we walked in you smell the freshly baked cookies, everyone is smiling at you and wants to help. They take care of everything for you, everyone working was incredible, especially Krystal. She could give us details and information about the hotel and the area and was a pure joy to just sit and talk to. Everything was incredible and wonderful and I wouldn't have changed anything. The view was amazing, the heart shaped jacuzzi for two was exactly what the doctor had ordered for a weekend get away. Ahhh I found my happy place.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Donna M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Horseheads, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

After over 20 years of saying we'd like to stay here my hubby surprised me on my birthday and brought me here. This was the end of January. Check in was so easy and the people were wonderful. The room was beautiful with a gas fireplace and a heart shaped Jacuzzi tub. The bay was frozen and looked amazing from our balcony. We went to Fager's Island for dinner which was delicious. We completely enjoyed our stay. Hope to have the chance to stay there again. Our 30th Anniversary is next year and this place would be perfect.

Room Tip: We were in 207 and loved the room. Quiet and a nice view of the bay.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bjstudent
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Due to some plumbing issues (extreme cold), at our hotel, we wound up one night at this one. Oh my!! The view from the 2nd floor is fabulous. The room is perfect and has a gas fireplace, ceiling fan, refrigerator (with mini kitchen area), gorgeous canopy bed and heart shaped Jacuzzi for 2.... whew I am out of breath. It is like a br3eath of fresh air. Also, the staff are fabulous here. The building itself is a gem - must see. We will be back!

Room Tip: All the rooms at the lighthouse are the same. Stay on the 2nd floor for the best views. Also, as fo...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MonieB
Secaucus, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

My husband, friends and I went down for the New Years celebration. The hotel was absolutely breathtaking - I felt like I stepped back in time. Rooms were nice size, bed was comfortable, bathroom was huge with a jetted tub. Common room had the fire going and a gorgeous view of the bay. Very relaxing sitting there sipping wine. Would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Ask for a bay view room
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank JKAMA
Salisbury, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

My wife and I spent one night at this hotel celebrating a wedding anniversary. This was an off-season visit (Dec 18 2013) which resulted in we being the only guests that night. We had the hotel to ourselves. The staff both at check in & out were very courteous.

The room was spacious and spotlessly clean - no mold, no odors. The room opens to a spacious balcony offering an unobstructed view of sunsets across the bay.

The advertised "continental breakfast" is a little different from the usual hotel variety. You get it in your room. A nice fruit plate & orange juice is placed in the room's frig - enough for two. Also included are two slices of coffee cake to go with your coffee. Also included for us were two mini bottles of sparkling wine to help us celebrate. Other items in the frig included various sodas and a couple of bottles of water. All of the amenities in the frig were complimentary - NO bar bill.

The room coffee mess deserves mention. My wife and I are coffee connoisseurs, making us a bit fussy about the beverage. This was the best hotel coffee we have had. Provided are both regular and decaf Starbuck's House Blend.

Bottom Line: a superb stay; an excellent hotel

Room Tip: If you want a bay view (recommended) ask for it. This room category is optimized for a couple. The...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Billybobboy42
Annapolis, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay. We really enjoyed it the first time. The rooms are great and well appointed. Awesome bathrooms, great views. Unfortunately, the A/C was broken this time. Also unfortunately it was in the high 80's in October! Although we were called a day in advance and offered a chance to reschedule - because of timing - we couldn't. We were not offered any consideration for the lack of A/C in such warm weather. We ended up just staying away from the room until late in the evening when it began to cool outside. We had to sleep with just the screen door. The screen would not lock (broken), and even so , there is direct access from the parking lot to our deck with nothing to stop intruders except an unlocked screen door. Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep. Instead of a leisurely Sunday morning, we arose early, showered quickly and left before the temperature became uncomfortable.

At this price point, we expected a bit better treatment for the conditions. A gift certificate, a discount, or similar seems entirely appropriate. We did ask for and receive an extra fan. Thank goodness for that. We've been treated with much better courtesy at hotels with far more modest price points. Disappointing, Mr. Fager.

Stayed October 2013
5 Thank tchristian
Foxridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

This place was awesome. It was so very peaceful and homey. I enjoyed my stay there, and look forward to coming back again and again. We have planned a Girls Weekend for our family. The service was great, and the staff was so very accommodating. The hotel was so awesome my family sponsored a family reunion and stayed at another hotel they didn't like it so much they came to my hotel and I could not make them leave. We are planning a fantastic reunion next year and it will be here at Fager's Island.

Room Tip: Book early for the best rooms!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family