The Commander Hotel
Grand Hotel & Spa(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$222
US$155
Dunes Manor Hotel & Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$172
US$178
US$161
ClarionHotels
Holiday Inn Express Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$131
HIExpress.com
US$166
US$176
Atlantic Oceanfront Inn(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$143
Hotels.com
Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$253
US$231
Courtyard
US$430
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$360
All reviewsgrotto pizzafractured prunecabana suitecaptains suitevip parkingdonut shopocean front suiteoutdoor poolfull size fridgecleaning staffair showparking spotliving areafamily vacationpull out couchpeople watchingtrip to ocean city
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed at The Commander Hotel for a weekend visit, and would definitely stay there again. The hotel's location on the boardwalk is just a short walk from great shops and restaurants/bars. The room was very clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. A great place to stay for a fun weekend.

Room Tip: Be sure to get an oceanfront room. The sixth floor rooms provide a great view of the ocean/boardwalk.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jtwned24
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This property is right on the beach. They have an outdoor pool, and a small indoor pool. There is an onsite parking garage as well. Our room was a bit cramped, but served its purpose. It had a TV and microwave, and a small balcony that looked out over the ocean. There are numerous restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike K
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I like the commander hotel not bad place to stay in. I had taken a bath in the room but tube was too small not big enough to take a bath in don't know why the tub was so small. I like the Commander but also wish the tv was a little bit bigger. I would come again though. I was glad we had cable with free disney and some basic cable. I would probably stay at another room the room with a bigger bath tub just more expensive. I would see if this room has a 32 inch tv too. But the room was immaculate, nicely decorated and had all of the amenities. I was treated very kindly by staff at the Commander Hotel.

Room Tip: Stay in a room with a big tv and huge tub.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathleen F
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Stayed at the Commander and was very happy with my experience. People at the front desk were very nice. Rooms were clean. Location was perfect. Didnt have to move the car all weekend! Would stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Erin0102
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I have stayed at Commander many times. Haven't in last 4 years as we found a better value on boardwalk a few blocks away. That place was booked so we figured we would try The Commander again.
We are just not sure if we would stay here as a first choice . Would stay here again just not sure if it would be our first choice.

Pro's:
Location- it's perfect!
Leaving car under building- makes it easy to dump beach stuff in car every day.
Smaller- so elevator was easy
Honored our request of rooms next to each other
Shower- one of the best water pressure I have ever had!
Balcony view is fantastic
Beds very comfortable!
Full size frige

Cons:
Staff- I have never seen a ruder staff, from front desk to maids to maintance. If we don't say hi first you will be ignored. That's a pet peeve of mine.
Pool bar- the one day we visited it some of I'd assume kitchen help hanging out at bar. Looked nasty
Rooms- some of the worst decor I'd ever seen.
Get some flat screen tv!s ! Hate that Bed's are in front. Can't hear ocean and gets really hot being away from air con.
Maid- she was brutal brutal brutal brutal. Never did dishes, rarely vacuumed , never did bathroom sink. We told the front desk every day in the beginning . But the kicker was that Yule log she left in our toilet. Disgusting pig!!

Room Tip: Request room as far north as you can get. Better views. 4 th floor was perfect.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends