“Absolutely PATHETIC”
Review of Nock Apartments

Nock Apartments
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Looks nothing like online photos. Hair was in the fridge and all over the place. Clearly not cleaned. Broken door knobs, blinds, everything. The owners refuse to give back the security deposit, even though we left it nicer than when we came. These people can go to hell. NEVER STAY HERE. I'd rather live under the boardwalk for a week

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Nate02

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We just came back from a week long vacation here and had a terrible time. Especially graduating seniors, DO. NOT. STAY. HERE. They are aweful to you because they know they can take advantage of kids. They will randomly bang on your door and barge in no matter if you are just out of the shower in a towel like I was. They do searches of the apartment for no given reason. The apartment I stayed in had all broken blinds so people can see into your windows especially at night. Bathroom toilet was broken and had no pots or pans like it claimed. The place itself was filthy. Everything was dirty and sticky. The worse part of all is definitely the owners though. They seem like nice people when you are booking the place but take advantage of you every chance they get. We had to fight them for 6 weeks just to get our security deposit back then took out a $150 to the blinds that were already broken when we got there. Please please please do not stay here. I know it can be tough to find other places for seniors but it isn't worth all the hassle and it will honestly ruin your vacation.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Mekenzie
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We just recently finished a long weekend stay here and it is for sure that we will NEVER be back. First off, after sending us 2 contracts with the bill statement for our stay, when we arrived the woman at the desk said "oh this is not right I cannot give you room for this price. I made mistake you need to pay $X more (which was almost over $100) because this numbers not right" upon arguing with her for 2o minutes the owner Angelo comes in and says "you don't like it you leave then go find somewhere else!" He then proceeded to settle for an extra $30 for whatever extra fees they missed at first, after making remarks about how women don't know how to do business. Well clearly you shouldn't have your wife handling the paperwork then if that's what you think. He just came off very offensive being a woman myself. Anyways we finally make it up the ramshackled steps to the third floor and enter a room that looks like a waiting room in a doctors office. Old dingy furniture, a kitchen the size of a walk in closet, there was a working refrigerator but it was not easily accessible. There were two small bedrooms with hardly enough room to walk between the foot of the most uncomfortable beds and the wall. One bed room had an air conditioner. The other did not however that room did come with a shattered window that was never fixed during our stay. The door knobs to all doors including the main door did not function properly. I could keep going but all in all don't bother wasting your money, the pictures on the internet are pushing false advertising.

2  Thank Donnellyerica24
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights and didn't even want to sleep in the bed with my own sheets on it. Upon arrival they tried to charge us more than they had said when we booked. Then the apartment was NOTHING like what the pictures show on the website. The kitchen was small, the dishes, pots and pans were all dirty! One of the bedrooms in our 2-bedroom apartment had no ac. Our doorknob was broken and a window was cracked, neither of which were fixed during our stay. I will never be coming back here again & I advise anyone to NOT STAY HERE!

3  Thank malyn1219
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I am currently 5 days in to a 7 day stay. Last minute vacay ,not by my choice , but whatever .... The location is the only thing stopping me from wanting to tie a rope to the bumper of my car , attach it to the bottom floor railing and collapsing this place as I ride off into the sunset . I knew I was limited on choices when booking a last minute week's vacay . I felt relieved to find somewhere in the desired area of the city for a relatively good price . I looked at the pictures online ,and even though I could see this was one of the older OC hotels, the pictures made it seem ok . Again, 6th street 1/2 block off the boards is a great location . There is no pool , which I was aware of. Not a big deal . Two bedrooms ? I thought , that's awesome ! Problem is , they are tiny with no dressers . Sleeps 7 including couch bed ,but there are only 3 drawers in the TV stand in the living room . Neither bedroom has a tv. We brought a small flat screen and a cable wire and splitter for the master br to be able to watch tv in there . Still ,you then have to watch the same channel In LR and BR. The bed in the master br was so uncomfortable . I stuffed their dingy pillows between the mattress and boxspring to try to get relief . Ended up using books off of the shelf on the wall (?) to even out the lopsided bed . Each bedroom has 1 receptacle . The living room has 2, and the kitchen has 1 . Next , the kitchen is very small . Again , not a big deal . Internet said pots and pans are in the room . What that means is 2 small frying pans , 2 pots and 10 lids . There is a back door in the kitchen that makes you nervous about breakins because the door has a handle lock only (just like the front door) and a window with no shade .We used a dining room chair to brace up against the door our entire stay . All of the windows have $3 mini blinds and no curtains , so they have NO chance of blocking the sun from glaring through at daybreak . The 2 window air conditioners are loud . Either you have it running full blast and you are freezing and losing more of your hearing every second it's on , or you turn down the temperature and it's hot as , well, you know . The furniture is crusty and the carpet is stained. The bathroom is tiny . There is no hot water. There is sometimes a little warm water . The "shower" outside looks like a storage closet with a plywood door. Didn't chance it . You have to bring your own sheets , which , if you stay here , BRING YOUR OWN SHEETS AND PILLOWS . The sheets on the bed are dingy. The dishes and silverware were dirty .the artificial plants are dusty . The steps outside are narrow and rickety. You know when people check out bc the people cleaning the place are speaking foreign very loudly . This place makes me feel like I'm on vacation on "Mad Men" if they were on crack . The owners wife was very nice . Again ,if looking for a great location ,and you are blind or don't mind wearing a blindfold , this place is for you .

2  Thank Vlynn930
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The place was small but it was what I wanted. My family and I knew that, as a last minute reservation, we weren't expecting the best. The owner, Angelo Telo, was more the courteous to us. I saw him get angry with some people -but those people happened to be drunk/high teenagers trashing his property. He employs security guards from eastern Europe hoping to earn a decent amount of cash for their education back home. Kids often complain, but the reality is the owner simply demands respect and in return will give it out. Average rooms, nothing fancy, but great location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Thomas C
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We were looking for last minute, pet friendly, not too expensive accommodations for July 4th weekend so we new we weren't going to end up with something luxurious. On the positive side, the location was great, one block for the middle of the boardwalk. The most negative thing about our stay was that the man (not sure if he was manager or owner) was unnecessarily rude to us especially regarding check out. The apartment was small which would have been fine but the set up was very awkward. I'm not sure how to explain it but if you are traveling with small children, it is really annoying as it's hard to open and close the bathroom and bedroom/closet doors with one hand due to the setup. The room was dingy, clean enough so that we didn't feel we had to leave but really not in great repair. We were glad that we brought our own bedding as the bedding provided didn't look that clean. The beds were very uncomfortable. Hurricane Arthur was passing by while we were there and I was really keeping my fingers crossed that it would miss us as the building looks like it would be reduced to a pile of sticks with wind gusts over 50 miles an hour but it turned out fine. We wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family