“Terrible and dirty”

Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Terrible and dirty”
Reviewed 16 October 2011

The place is awful and the windows on the side are all busted out. I could only imagine what the kitchen looks like

pa
“This is the New Surfs Up Cafe”
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Used to be Yangs...now Surfs Up...was GREAT...loved it..went several times while in OC last week...great employees,, great service...Great Happy Hour...Great food.

• Visited August 2011
Ocean City, Maryland
“Stay away if you're hungry!”
Reviewed 1 January 2011

I called in a pick up order, and was told 30-45 minutes; I thought that was acceptable only b/c it's New Year's Day. The food was over an hour in the making, I was "given extra chicken in my General Tso's, extra rice, and an extra spring roll" I'm not sure what you're idea of extra is, but, the chicken was 1/2 of the amount from a usual chinese restaurant, the rice was old and dry, and there were no extra spring rolls. The hot and sour soup had a nice spice, but that's all it had; no veggies, no bamboo, no tofu, nothing, not to mention it was ICE cold!
When I called to ask and inform, I was told, "sorry, the soup warmer is broken, I should have told you, that was extra chicken, I really am sorry" No, I'm sorry that I thought I could get a decent meal on New Year's Day...wrong again!

Ocean City, Maryland
“Hands down, the worst dining experience i have ever had!”
Reviewed 5 November 2010

We had heard the advertisements on the radio and were actually excited to give this restaurant a try. The commercial makes it sound very authentic. What a lie. First of all, the atmosphere is not great but although there was alittle disappointment we could live with it. From there things went terribly bad. We got there about 6:50 and I am not kidding we didnt get our food until 8:05. The server did come to us a couple times and update us. "the lo mein is holding up the order" wait 20 minutes, "your food is being plated" wait 20 minutes, bring out the stand for the tray, wait 15 minutes and.......the worst food I have ever had! My food was cold and my sons lo mein tasted as though they had drowned noodles in straight soy sauce. The entire time we were there we only encountered 3 other tables each with only 2 people. Of those 3 tables 2 of those had problems with their food so including us they comped more food then they sold. On the bright side the servers were quite apologetic and sweet. I felt so sorry for them. Until tonight I had never complained at a restaurant before and certainly never told them I didnt want my food but now I have. Skip this place until they get their act together and hopefully that will happen soon as I hate to see anyone go out of business. Maybe they were just having a really bad night because I see other reviewers are giving high marks.

---------------------

Scottsdale, Arizona
“1 in a Million”
Reviewed 3 November 2010

I had previously been to Yang's and had moderate expectations. Under the New Management, things are Phenominal. The food has a New Eloquent touch, the Servers and Hosts are Polite and Considerate and The NEW LOOK adds to the Warm Atmosphere.
We Absolutely Loved It. And I have recommended my Associates and Friends to eat at Yang's.