“WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE eggs benedict”

Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront
Ranked #13 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Centralia, Pennsylvania
“WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE eggs benedict”
Reviewed 24 September 2011

We had a very good breakfast there. I like eggs benidict and had reviewed many hotels for restaurants. I found the Captains Galley and low and behold eggs benedict. I also like lox and bagels, they were there also. My husband liked his omelet. We decided we will go back to the captains galley again later this month (Sept 2011) for another breakfast. We were seated at windows that overlooked the side street but you can also be served poolside. We did not want to move our car from our hotel parking lot as we were there over labor day week-end so we were looking for places to eat locally. A little pricy but we have paid these prices for years when we would go into New York City. I would not call this a cheap of dirty hotel. We did not encounter any cigarette smoke, but if the smoke was in an open air area how can anyone complain. YES I would give this restaurant a 4 star rating and recommend it for good food (forgive my spelling of eggs benedict)

1 Thank memehazel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I have always tried to stay at a Marriott if possible, in the past they have been nice. This hotel allows smokingbin the courtyard and on balconies, contrary to their signs by every entrance and at the front desk. I was personally told by the front desk, when I called to complain, that smoking was permitted in the courtyard, however it's funny there are no ashtrays anywhere!?! I had to sign a form checking in about smoking and the fine. My husband and I heard renters on the balcony rooms tell other balcony users they had stayed there other times and the "management" are " really good" about smoking rules! I pay extra to stay at smoke free facilities for myself and my family, this is clearly FALSE ADVERTISEMENT! Groups of men congregated on their balconies yelling back and forth to each other, drinking, yelling obscene remarks to boardwalkers and making fun of people, using bulling language, two balconies above my room, I was on the ground floor, men were spitting into the courtyard. I complained to the front desk twice, nothing was stopped. My husband actually had to say something to the people himself and almost got into a fight with them. I suggest no one stay at this facility EVER! This certainly is not a family oriented facility!

6 Thank Libearty
Collegeville, PA
Reviewed 12 September 2011

The room had an awesome view of the ocean and we found it to be clean and spacious. We ate breakfast and dinner at the hotel restaurant which was very good. The location is good but having never been to Ocean City, MD before I found the trams to be costly and annoying (not a ding on the hotel though). Parking is tight and we were hesitant to move the car.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank zebra1213
Virginia
Reviewed 9 September 2011

My husband and I planned a spontaneous trip to Ocean City for the latter part of Labor Day weekend (Sun-Tues). Having been to OC many, many times, I was expecting a typically, boardwalk hotel perhaps on the dingy and dark side. I usually always consult TripAdvisor before booking a hotel anywhere, but this was not a normally well- planned trip, so I just went with the flow. Not knowing what to expect, I was highly surprised when I saw the Courtyard Marriott. The balconies of the hotel were great, and I was eager to check out the property. The lobby was fantastic and I felt like we were actually in a "resort" property.

Check in was a breeze. The rooms were modern and new. The beds were extremely comfortable and the mini-fridge and microwave were a nice touch. Flat screen TVs were nice as well.

My only complaints are mostly minor. A mini bar of soap is not sufficient for a family of 4 taking about 2 baths/showers per day. At the beach, even one wash cloth isn't enough per day, so I would bring additional shower wash or soap for your use, and snag extra wash cloths if you can. The indoor pool is nice, although the water around it tends to build up. I saw one man almost fall from slipping. It would help if someone came around to brush the water away from the walkways around the pool. The hotel restaurant was nice, although service seemed slow and food average. For breakfast, it was perfectly convenient.

Overall, I have no problems recommending this property for your stay in Ocean City!

4 Thank dewhee32
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 September 2011

The hotel is new,modern w great location.compared to the hotels in ocean city I think only the hilton can top it for it's size .Courtyard is a beautiful hotel, small and cozy,relaxing ,exceptional service ,super comfy beds ,clean and worth the money .does not catered much for kids it's more adult like.I was there w my husband for labor day weekend and we love it.few lil things could make it much better as offering free breakfast and beach chairs.drinks and food at the hotel it's not expensive at all and they have happy hour which make it even better .the staff were nice and friendly.when coming back to ocean city I will def stay at courtyard again .all the others hotel in the area are old and outdated except for the Hilton that is new and much bigger.I booked it on marriott website which was much cheaper than all others websites.

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank NRNYC
Maple Shade, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I was so happy to finally find a hotel in OC that was clean! The bathroom was immaculate and there was no trace of sand or beach in the hotel. The one thing that was disappointing was how slow the elevators are. Luckily I was on the 2nd floor so I was able to use a exit door to get outside. And the hotel needs to label the elevators better to let guests say that the front desk in on the 3rd floor. I tried to use their business center and I think they are still on dial-up cause it was really slow.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Noemi M
Litchfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 20 August 2011

The Courtyard Marriott, although expensive, was a very clean, functional hotel in a great location. Our party consisted of teenagers and "pre-teens, who all loved the boardwalk area and amusements. The beach was great, and nice to have both pool and ocean within steps of each other. The only negative with this hotel is their policy regarding no rollaway beds. For a 'family' hotel, in a vacation setting, and with the size of the rooms being very adequate, I think they should rethink their policy. Many other Marriotts I have stayed in with three kids, and smaller rooms, have allowed rollaways. But, all in all, it was a great stay - would definately return in the future.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family