“Great location! Don't order breakfast to go though.....!”

Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront
Ranked #13 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
philadelphia
“Great location! Don't order breakfast to go though.....!”
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

You can't beat the location of this hotel. Every room has a balcony, which although small are big enough for two chairs and even from the side of the hotel you can see the beach. Rooms are very spacious as well, we were impressed. Parking was also great, with plenty of spots with easy access. Only drawback was the restaurant, which charged us $24 for two egg sandwiches on a bagel - because "that's how it rings up in the register" - even though an omelet with toast and home fries costs $4.95. Manager Audrey did not come out when I asked to speak with her, sent the waitress back out to explain (same thing again). And the waitress brought my receipt to show me I signed to pay, so I should be fine with paying $24. Insane - but rather than waste any more vacation time and $$$$ I took my $12 bagels and left.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Christine W
Shawn M, General Manager at Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Thank for your review, cc20122013! I apologize for you experience with the restaurant and I will share your comments with their ownership. I'm very happy to hear that your enjoyed our hotel! We hope that you can make it back to our location here soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 July 2013

This is our second time staying at Courtyard Marriott in OC and we were not disappointed! Great stay and great service. Very clean hotel and very courteous staff. The Captain's Table restaurant was also excellent. After having a bad experience at another hotel restaurant, we were leary to try this, but we are so glad we did. We will definitely be coming back to the Marriott and Captain's Table on our next trip to OC!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank K H
Shawn M, General Manager at Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this review, 28 July 2013
Welcome back, KH! Thank you for taking the time to write about your return trip with us. I will pass on your good review to the management of the Captain's Table, were glad they exceeded your expectations! We hope to see you and your family again soon.
TX
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I always choose to stay at a Marriott property whenever possible. So I was very happy to see that there was finally one in OC. The hotel was very nice and our rooms were clean and comfortable. We only stayed one day so I have no idea about the restaurants on site. Front desk service was very helpful and professional. The day we arrived it rained quite a bit, so until we could hit the beach and boardwalk we took the kids to the pool (indoor). The pool area was nice, but the water was very cloudy and didn't seem really clean. Though I imagine it could be hard to keep clean at a beach resort. There is a tub of some sorts attached to the pool, however I didn't see a place to turn on jets and the water was barely warn so I don't think it was a hot tub. Maybe just a decorative place to sit in the water. While sitting at the pool with the kids, I walked to the bar to get a couple of cocktails for me and my wife. I got a beer which seemed to be a challenge for the bartender to pour. I also ordered a drink off the menu for my wife that the bartender didn't know how to make. Very awkward. She had to get the chef to help make the drink. Turned out okay. Maybe she was filling in. All in all, I liked the place. 15th Street on the boardwalk gives you a nice walk in either direction. Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank freedominc98
I'm so glad that you had a great time on your short getaway with us, freedominc98! We are the newest oceanfront hotel in Ocean City! We did have a string of rainy days last week, and a lot of families took advantage of our indoor pool and conversation pit area. Next time you'll have to visit with us for more than just a day, so we have a chance to "WOW" you with the full vacation experience.
Wayne, NJ
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

Overall, a very nice hotel with a few negatives.

First, the positives:

- Room was very clean and spacious
- the indoor pool saved us on the rainy day we had...we had somewhere to take our 4 year old.
- free wifi
- microwave and refrigerator in the room.
- even though our view was not "ocean-front," we had a room on the side of the hotel and still had a great view of the beach from our balcony.
- hotel is right on the boardwalk so it's a quick and easy walk to the beach.
-it is obvious that this is one of the cleanest, most well-maintained hotels in the area.

Negatives:

- The pool area is dangerous for children. Although the front desk will swear that they have non-skid surface around the pool, it is only on the outskirts where the chairs are. The tile directly surrounding the pool where your children will be walking is dangerously slippery. We told my son to only walk by the pool when we saw adults skidding everywhere. However, as careful as we were, he still slipped and hit his head twice....very scary. When we told the front desk, they just smirked and replied that they have wet floor signs there and a non-skid surface...no apologies. They send someone to mop up the tiles a few times a day but the surface becomes wet again immediately afterwards. It is a huge problem and is going to ruin someone's vacation with a trip to the emergency room.

-it clearly states that there are no roll away beds at this hotel, which is ridiculous. There were no king beds available so we had two queens. My husband slept with my four year old in one and I slept in the other. But if you have a bigger family, I can imagine it would be very difficult to squeeze everyone in a bed.

-the mattress was so hard that it actually felt like I had bruises on my hips from sleeping on my side.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank MeganD99
Shawn M, General Manager at Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel, MeganD99. We all take pride in maintaining the hotel and it means a lot that our guests notice and enjoy our property. We try our best to keep our pool deck clean and as free of water as possible. I do apologize that your son slipped on the deck, we are continously adding a non-slip adhesive to our tiles around the pool area. Thank you again for your review MeganD99, and we look forward to accomodating you on your next trip to Ocean City!
Emmaus, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel is worth the price. Great boardwalk location. Rooms are small, but very nice. Pool is extremely small. BEWARE OF SLIPPERY TILE SURROUNDING POOl!!! I slipped & broke a toe!! Put a huge damper on remainder if trip. Location is worth a multiple of small problems -enjoy!

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank Palmtreegirl57
Shawn M, General Manager at Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this review, 7 July 2013
Thank you for our review of our hotel Chenchy. I'm glad you enjoyed our location, I have to agree and say we have a prime spot in the middle of Ocean City's boardwalk. I'm sorry to hear about you injurying your toe at our pool area. I will have our staff make more regular trips to the pool area to try to clear the excess water, hopefully this will ensure no more accidents like yours happen in the future. Just for future reference, if you ever get injured while on vacation, let the front desk staff know. We can better take care of our guests if we know how they are doing; we have wheelchairs and other amenities available that could have made your stay more comfortable.
Arlington, VA, USA
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Location: On boardwalk. Walk 30 feet to the beach, perhaps another 200 feet to the water.
Price: For the location, price is okay; it's not a bargain and it's not overly expensive. For what you get in the room, it is very overpriced. You're paying extra only because the location is so good, because the rooms are rather modest.
Amenities: Workout facility looked decent; free coffee in the lobby (decent); the pool is nice and there is a smaller pool (called the Conversation Pit) which looks suspiciously like a hot tub, but is absolutely not. The Conversation Pit is the same temp as the rest of the pool. A few beds out in the courtyard area, but they do not appear to be remarkably well looked after.
Parking: Parking is available underneath the hotel at the street level and overflow parking is across the street.
Service: Average.
Overall: I would return, but not before looking for a better deal.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Francisco M
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us, Francisco. I'm glad you enjoyed our location, and I think you will find a lot of the hotels in the area charge similar rates for a similar location. I'm happy you were able to take advantage of our complimentary coffee services in the lobby as well as our indoor heated pool, these are our two most popular amenities we offer here at the Courtyard. Our pool deck furniture does get a good bit of use; I will personally look into ways we can better care for the lounge beds to keep them looking good as new. Next time you head into Ocean City feel free to call the hotel directly, our front desk associates will be more than willing to help you find the best price for your dates.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 2 July 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott Ocean City on June 26th thru 28th. I had originally had reservations at another hotel, but was able to stay at the Marriott (which was my first choice) with my government discount. The hotel was very nice. It is located on the boardwalk which meant I did not have to drive anywhere unless I chose to. I was able to check in early which was nice. We had a city view from the balcony, which was also nice because we also had a partial view of the ocean. My room was clean. The hotel was clean and nice. Everyone who worked at the hotel were nice and professional. We had dinner at the restaurant (Captain's Table) and the food and service was great. Staying on the boardwalk was an added plus for me. I have nothing negative to say about this hotel. I probably could not afford to stay at the Marriott had it not been for my discount so I'm very grateful I was able to do so. I go to ocean city once a summer and it's usually just for the day because I could never afford to stay at a nice hotel. So I will be back next summer at the Courtyard by Marriott.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ramonad9
Thank you for your kind comments, Ramona! The Captain's Table has been a local's favorite for many years, not only for their food but also their service, I will be sure to pass your review to their management. I'm so happy we were able to get you settled in to your room early! After a long drive I'm sure it was nice to be able to check in and relax right away. Our housekeeping staff works very hard to get our rooms cleaned efficiently and thoroughly in order to get our guests checked in and comfortable. Call us at any time to book for next year, we look forward to having you back!