“very nice hotel”

Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront
Ranked #13 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 13 June 2014

myself and my wife stayed here on my Marriott points on June 12th and it was so nice. everything is clean, the people were very nice. looking forward too staying more. it's accessible to the OC Boardwalk and all the bars and restaurants you would ever need. This hotel is worth the money or points. Very large rooms.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank john r
Shawn M, General Manager at Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

It's great to hear that you and your wife were able to enjoy using your Marriott Reward points for your stay with us, John R. Our hotel is in the ideal location in Ocean City, sitting right in the middle of the famous Ocean City Boardwalk and just steps aways from the beach. We look forward to seeing you and your wife on your next trip to Ocean City!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This Courtyard was clean and comfy with a friendly, personable staff. Ample on site parking and the in house restaurant was excellent. Located right on the famous OC Boardwalk, a nice stroll with a great view of the Atlantic Ocean is right outside your room. This hotel would definitely be perfect for a summer get away.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

It sounds like you were able to enjoy every aspect of our hotel, thebigdoggsez, while stay with us on a business trip. Our staff is what makes up our hotel great and it's great hear that they were able to make your stay with us. We look forward to seeing on your next business trip to Ocean City; however, we expect to see you in the summer also to enjoy all Ocean City has to offer!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was a nice place to stay. It is situated right on the boardwalk and within walking distance to almost anything you need i.e., restaurants, the pier (although a bit of a walk), a CVS (right around the corner), and shopping (primarily beach items). There is a fitness center and a pool on the 3rd floor. Our room had an ocean view and was on the lower level and, while this might be convenient for those who want easy access to the boardwalk, I found the amount of activity outside was a bit distracting (we came down during senior week) and the view of the ocean was not that great. If you want a bit more privacy and a better view, I would suggest asking for a room that is on one of the higher floors. In addition, as other reviewers pointed out, the parking in the garage is a bit tight; however, we were able to fit our Ford explorer in with minimal difficulty. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the Captains Table (the restaurant in this hotel) is excellent, although a bit expensive. The other hotel, that was in the same price range as the Marriott, was the Hilton; however, that was further down the road and definitely not in the "center" of the action.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Tb2952
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Our son and his wife hosted our three days at Ocean City for our anniversary, along with our other son. We enjoyed the board walk, ocean, and nice restaurants. We had ground floor rooms which gave us a patio right by the boardwalk! My ONLY complaint was the doorway from the patio into the room had a raised area, which we had to be careful stepping over, so we wouldn't trip. On the plus side, I was sick one night and had to call housekeeping and they sent someone very quickly .
All in all, a great experience and great choice of rooms!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Alliemag
Shawn M, General Manager at Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

It's great to hear that you and your family were able to spend your anniversary with us! I am sorry to hear that you were ill during your stay; however, I'm glad that our staff was quick to handle your needs. Thank you for the great review, Alliemag, and look forward to seeing you on your next anniversary!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I have stayed at this Courtyard at least 6 times in the last 2 years. We like the hotel and it is right on the boardwalk (albeit the far end). The rooms are very nice and well kept and we have often been able to upgrade to ocean front. There are a lot of hotels on the strip however we are Marriott die hards and this Courtyard does not disappoint. Visiting Ocean City off season and getting ocean front is a real treat as it is peaceful and quiet so you get to enjoy the sound of the surf.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine J

We look forward to seeing you for a 7th time Christine J. It's great to hear how much you have enjoyed our hotel over the past 2 years. We are in a great location on the boardwalk and just steps from the beach. Thank you for the great review and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel for one night last week and was really impressed. The location is perfect, on the beach and boardwalk. Check-in was pleasant and professional. When I asked for restaurant recommendations, the on-site restaurant was recommended. I am sometimes wary of those, but Captain's Table was really good. I ordered room service for dinner and brunch the next morning.

I was given a corner room facing the ocean. It was still cool, so I was able to sleep with the door open and hear the crashing waves all night. Front facing rooms are the best and have sheltered balconies. However, the way the hotel is situated allows for ocean views from most rooms. The interior furniture and carpet were a tad worn, but everything was clean and cared for.

Highly recommended. I am in the general area frequently and will plan to stay here when feasible.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank frweaver
Shawn M, General Manager at Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

It's always great when you can go to sleep and wake up to the waves crashing in the background. The review that you posted frweaver, highlight the great aspects of our oceanfront rooms. Our onsite restaurant has great food and is convient for our guest if they would like to stay in their room and enjoy room service. Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Ocean City!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Last weekend was my third time at this hotel ~ and possibly my last. On every other occasion, we were greeted at the front desk like we were family, The rooms were beautiful and clean and room service was top notch. This time, the people at the front desk never cracked a smile, there was sand in our beds, and room service was pathetic. I had told my family how wonderful the staff, the room and the service was and I was totally embarrassed by the whole experience. My brother commented that it seemed like the hotel was cutting corners to save money and there were a lot of unhappy employees. I don't know what happened since last fall, but from my experience I have to agree.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank Bonnie W
Shawn M, General Manager at Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us Bonnie W. Our staff is very personable and enjoys dealing with our guest; however, I do apologize if the staff member that you came across did not come across in a friendly manner. We would have been more than happy to fix any issue that you had during your stay with us. I have passed on your comments regarding the room service to the owners of the Captains Table. The hotel has actually added new bedding to our guest rooms and replaced the carpet in our lobby/guest corridors since your last stay. Our staff looks forward to giving you the "WOW" factor on your visit to Ocean City.