“ALMOST perfect”

Ranked #13 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Greater Washington, DC area
“ALMOST perfect”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2010

I recently booked an impromptu trip as a belated birthday gift for my 13 year old daughter. She'd never been to Ocean City and since I'm a Marriott Rewards Member I figured I'd use my points and I'm really glad I did.
To start with, most of the rooms are "ocean view" but I wanted an "ocean front" room. This cannot always be guaranteed but when I called and spoke with Brandon, not only did he put in the request for me he also was kind enough to have a card and small gift bag put in the room. (NOTE: this is NOT standard practice). He also suggested I call back the following morning to see if my request was granted. When I called the next morning I spoke with Ed and he assured me he was working on it since it was a "special occasion" and would do his best.
I must admit they exceeded my expectations.
Check-in was a breeze with Ed was at the front desk. We arrived @ 2:30, check in isn’t until 4 pm but our room was ready. YIPPIE SKIPPE! We stayed in room 322 (3rd floor) which is on the same floor as the lobby, across from entrances to pool, exercise room and laundry room. You'd think with all the activity going on it'd be really noisy but thankfully it wasn’t. I didn’t hear a peep outside of my room door. The room was big and CLEAN with 2 double beds, lounge chair and a balcony that faced the ocean with 2 chairs. The view was absolutely amazing and made me even more glad I was so persistent with my request.
The hotel is centrally located on 15th street which is where all the "action" really begins. It was great exercise to walk all the way down to the beginning of the boardwalk and back daily. It gets really crowded but that's what happens when you go during "senior week" (total accident). It also got pretty noisy outside when I left my balcony door open but once I shut it; BLISS.
They have a restaurant onsite which we didn’t go to. The prices were a little high but the food surely smelled good.
Not sure what the complaints are about the underground parking. I didn’t have an issue parking my car and I drive a Camry which is considered full size. Maybe being from NYC I'm used to it or maybe those that complained simply can’t drive or park well.
The lobby served lemonade on Saturday next to the coffee stand but not sure what happened Sunday and Monday. Maybe it's only a weekend thing? Also, if you want some of the comp coffee, get there early. Both days when I went to get some the carafe was empty. Can’t really blame the hotel; they we're sold out and it is a complimentary service they provide.
The pool was more of a large tub with a bath tub attached. Kind of annoying when you have 10 people trying to swim in it but hey, you've got a huge ocean out there so why only stay at the pool? Besides seeing the young kids learn to swim was too cute!
There is a staircase by the pool which leads to a walk way for the beach; super easy access.
NOTE: You are not allowed to bring hotel towels down to the beach so please remember to bring your own from home or buy them at one of the many shops on the Boardwalk.
The ONLY reason the hotel isn’t getting a rating of 5 is they entered my room and cleaned it even though I had the "do not disturb" sign up. Of course some people wouldn’t have a problem with this but I value my privacy and I put the sign up there for a reason. That’s one of my BIGGEST pet peeves and a sure way to knock off 1 point when I do a review.
All in all it was a great experience and this is a great hotel. I wouldn’t have paid the advertised price ($468 a night? WHOA!) But using my points I'll definitely come again!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank COCO_CLASSIC
cyoceancity, General Manager at Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this review, 18 June 2010
Thank you for taking the time for writing a review for us, We appreciate your business and I hope that you can stay with us again in the future.

You are obviously a very experienced traveler and your contributions to TripAdvisor really help other travelers make well informed decisions.

Please do not hesitate to contact us when you are planning your next trip. Thanks again!

Richard Smith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2010

Hotel had everything we needed. The rooms were roomy and quiet (it was "Senior Week" and there were teenagers staying in the rooms on either side of us...never heard them!). The beds were comfortable. Bathroom was clean and well stocked. We opted not to have our room made up and the housekeeping staff left fresh towels and toiletries in a bag on our doorknob (very nice touch). The staff was very friendly. There is ample parking. It is very conveniently located. We were able to park our car and leave it for the duration of our trip.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2010

I've stayed at a lot of sandy, moldy dumps in Ocean City during business trips, so I was a little hesitant when my boyfriend said it would be fun to head there for a weekend. The hotel is the best I've seen during my stays in OC, since it's brand-new, spotless, and beautifully decorated with glass balconies and lots of blue, green and white tile and marble. Unfortunately, because it is still Ocean City, MD, we still had obnoxious drunks that kept waking us up all night...and the hotel staff did NOTHING to remedy the problem until 5 AM. When we mentioned it at checkout, they just basically shrugged. I felt like they should have thrown us a voucher for a future visit or something!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MINIme15
cyoceancity, General Manager at Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this review, 6 June 2010
Thank you for your review of the Courtyard by Marriott Ocean City. I'm glad you enjoyed our new hotel!

I apologize for the noise you experienced, the next time you are planning a trip to Ocean City please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Your comments are very much appreciated and will be used to help us improve.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2010

My hubby and I wanted to get away for the weekend, and was able to get a decent rate at this hotel. The reviews were good, but we never visited OC so we didn't know what to expect. The hotel was a nice surprise, well lit and very clean from the outside. There weren't many parking spaces but you could park directly across the street, so it wasn't too bad. We had a smooth check in and the desk attendant was nice and helpful. We got in kind of late and didn't know where to eat, the manager on duty gave us a menu to one of his favorite places and it worked out perfectly with them delivering right to our room. I was surprised how warm the pool was, usually they are freezing but it was the perfect temp for me and our toddler. There's a nice weight room right next to the pool with a nice sized flat panel TV. The room service was great, we ordered breakfast which was delivered very fast and tasted well. We called down to the front desk a few times for different things and everyone was extremely sweet. I was told that the hotel was completely sold out but couldn't tell because it was very quiet. Overall it was a great hotel for what we needed, a quiet relaxing weekend. Will definitely stay here again. Loved the lobby!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank iLove2vacay
cyoceancity, General Manager at Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this review, 19 May 2010
Thank you for your review of the Courtyard by Marriott Ocean City. Your comments are very much appreciated. I'm glad your first trip to Ocean City was a great one!

There is so much to see and do here in Ocean City please do not hesitate to contact us when you are planning your next trip.

Litchfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2010

we just came back from our stay in ocean city at the Mariott. Still off season so not crowded. Everything was great. We had an oceanview with balcony, rooms were clean, bed was comfy, internet access in rooms and in the lobby. Staff very nice. A great stay!!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ctbeach
cyoceancity, General Manager at Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this review, 17 May 2010
Thank you for your review of the Courtyard by Marriott Ocean City. Your comments are very much appreciated. I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to the staff at the Courtyard Ocean City. If we can assist you in any future travel needs please do not hesitate to contact me.

Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2010

I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott in Ocean City Maryland, last weekend and it was wonderful!!! The Front desk staff was very helpful. We arrived 2 hours earlier than check in time and our room was ready, so that was nice. We asked if the room had a balcony and it did not, so they found us a room that did have one and it was lovely. The room was very clean and nicely decorated. There was a great view of the boardwalk and ocean from the balcony. The beds were extremely comfortable and the room was very quiet. We never heard any noise from other guests. There is a restaurant at the hotel, called the Captain's Table and it was excellent! We ate breakfast, lunch and a dinner there and cannot say enough about how great the food and service was. The portions are generous and the prices are reasonable. The waitresses were very pleasant and friendly and couldn't do enough for us. Right next door is also a restaurant called Davinci's By The Sea, which has great Italian food. The Pool area is lovely although it was a little too chilly to use while we were there. There is a covered parking area for your car, with an overflow lot close by. The hotel has only been open since July 2009, so it is still fairly new, but it seems to be very well managed and everything was great during our stay. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a very nice hotel in Ocean City.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank DonnaLynnMaryland
Kingsville, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2010

I am Marriott Gold and stay 70 nights per year in Marriott properties. This property is excellent and a great value. Good to be right on the boardwalk! The Captain's Table Restaurant is located on property and a great place to dine.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple