“Great location!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront
Ranked #13 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Pittsburgh
“Great location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2010

Let me preface this review by stating I'm a Marriott Platinum member and am very loyal to Marriott. This is our 2nd stay at the property and as Courtyards go, it's great. As a hotel for vacationing families, not so much. The rooms are smaller then most Courtyards, the pool is not much bigger then a hot tub and the parking for even the smallest of SUV's is a challenge. All that said, the location is terrific, the service was fine and the on site restaurant is among the best in OC. Mid week check in was a breeze, room was clean and ready.
Daily housekeeping service was prompt and efficient and request for extra towels, soap ect were quickly addressed.
Rooms have free wi fi which for teenage daughter is a must.
Last year we were fortunate enough to have a 1st floor room on the boardwalk. This year a second floor room with a glipse of the beach. Well worth it to pay the extra for the beachfront rooms...
As with other reviews, I agree that elevator set up is confusing. One is hidden in the back of the hotel, another only goes from parking garage to lobby and two others will take you to the room floors.
Overall the great location, clean rooms and good service more then makes up for some of the quirks of the property. We will be back again in 2011.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Oncman
cyoceancity, General Manager at Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this review, 19 July 2010
Thanks for staying with us, and for the high marks. We appreciate you taking the time and telling everyone about this great location.

Please do not hesitate to contact us when you are planning your next trip.

Thanks again!

Richard Smith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2010

The hotel was beautifus and clean. very comtempory which i like. The issues we had were the elevators were very confusing as only one went to the second floor. I also felt they were short staff and when we called for 2 more wash(they stock 2 in the bath room and their were 4 of us) cloths they staff brought me hand towels and said they we short on wash clothes. The restuarant was ok, a bit pricey and when ordering oatmeal w/banana's which was on the menu, they said they did not have any banana's. Asked for a glass of milk with a lid and they didn't have any. A goblet of milk does not work for a toddler, just not children friendly. We had issues with our key cards to get into our room. When i returned one of them to the front desk, she said if the cards we laying on other credit cards it could de-activate them. Our cards were never against other cards. The parking spots were so tiny, so if you have a SUV, figure on getting one of your doors dinged, which we did. All and all like i said the hotel was nice but in my opinion a bit too pricey for what you get.

2 Thank SunanBeach
Whether we receive compliments or suggestions, we appreciate your feed back. We constantly strive to make every guest experience a "wow" experience and I am sorry that this time we did not meet this expectation.

All of your comments will be used to help us improve and cater for every type of guest from the single business person to the family of 5.

Please do not hesitate to contact us when you are planning your next trip. Thanks again!

Mechanicsburg, Pa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2010

Spent 4 nights this month at the new Marriott in Ocean City. Booked it last year because of the incredible low rate. I thought it was wrong so made the reservation via phone vs. on line, then checked two times and even said it seemed too low but was told it was confirmed. Two months before our vacation, we received an email ( no call ) saying the rates were a mistake, and they could not honor them. I called to no avail, I thought a large hotel chain like Marriott would honor a mistake, but I guess those days of customer service are long gone. The did come back with a rate that was still very good, so I took it. I was hoping to be "wow'ed" because hotels at OC aren't exactly top notch. I would say overall we were happy, but not wow'ed. Here were the wins and opps:
wins:

* great location
* smaller hotel so not crazy busy
* much better class of guests than other hotels :)
* nice resteraunt - captains table

opps:

* employees still seemed 'deer in the headlights" new even though the hotel is almost
a year old. we always are able to get in a little early when we arrive for our yearly
vacations at other hotels. Marriott was the first OC hotel that couldn't do it. got there
around 1 and were told room would be ready after 2 - no problem. went to beach and
waited til 3 and was told "i don't know what to tell you, they are just slow cleaning today
i guess". Came back at 4:10 and room was "just ready". check in is 4, so I know
that's not a big deal, but in 8 years going to OC, this is first Hotel that we couldn't get
in a little early.
* like many OC hotels, minimal on site parking. for me, parking is a big deal - hate
worrying where i will park, if there will be any spaces, and having to park across the
street in an open air lot - not very "Marriott like". also, the few underground spaces
they had were the smallest parking spaces i have ever seen. if you had anything
larger than a mini cooper, you were out of luck ! other hotels like the grand, princess
royale, etc. at least built beautiful multi level parking garages right next to hotel for
piece of mind and no worries.
* hotel design is peculiar. mustn't have gone with a good engineering firm - lol. took a
little getting use to. only one elevator to rooms ( i lie, there is a "secret" one in the back
of the hotel that we stumbled upon, no one knew it was there because no one
is told at check in). we had it pretty much to ourselves. and speaking of elevators,
someone has to figure out how to get a/c into them ! but in general, the layout could
have been much better and more guest friendly.
* i don't think the indoor micro pool was cleaned more than once in our 5 day stay
* rooms were fairly clean, but not Marriott standard clean. different color paint touch
up on the walls, hallway carpets stained, etc. not bad by any stretch, and i know beach
hotels at OC are tough to clean - but if Marriott wants to charge a premium, they need
to step it up. at this rate, the hotel will be in really bad shape in another year or two.
* minor issue, but how about mirrors in the room other than the bathroom.
* worlds smallest in room refrigerators, i have never seen any that small - again, i
expect a little more from marriott

All and all, I know most of the above is fairly petty, but again, I really wanted to be wowed. For the $ 199 a night rate I received it was very good and if that was the regular rate for June, it would be outstanding - but not worth paying their regular rate in my opinion - my family has agreed next year it is back to the Grand.

2 Thank cruzans
cyoceancity, General Manager at Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this review, 29 June 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review for us. I apologize for your dissatisfaction and we regret any inconvenience you may have experienced. We constantly strive to meet and exceed guest expectations and I regret that we did not wow you during your stay.

All the issues you mentioned, from the parking lot to the guest service, will be used to help us improve. We take every guest comment seriously as we want everyone to have a great experience.

We appreciate your business and I hope that when you are planning your next trip to Ocean City you will please contact me as we would love another opportunity to wow you.

Wilmington, DE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2010

My husband and i are both teachers and decided to celebrate our first weekend off of school with a trip to the beach! We got an AMAZING deal at this hotel through priceline, by naming our own price and choosing a 3 star option for ocean city, md. We stayed in room 410, which was a side room - but still had an ocean view from our balcony. We stayed for two nights. When we arrived to the hotel (about 1:30) we were just looking to park our car, but we were happily surprised to find out that our room was available for early check in! We went into the room to find a SPOTLESS bathroom and hotel room. The beds were comfortable with LOTS of pillows! On our second day in the hotel the staff came in to clean, vacuum, mop the bathroom, change the linens, and deliver fresh towels. I went for a run and came back to find the housekeeping staff JUST finishing up with the mopping - perfect timing! The location was unbeatable. We were within walking distance to everything (including Phillips my husbands FAVORITE!) and right on the boardwalk. The one and only thing I could say that was not good was that there was a little bit of noise that traveled through the rooms and the hallway, nothing that was overly loud but we could notice it. Also, there is no included breakfast - but there is coffee!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HonestLadyTraveler
cyoceancity, General Manager at Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this review, 28 June 2010
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel, It is great to hear your end of the school year celebration went so well and that we were a part of it!

We hope you can make another trip to Ocean City before the school year starts. Thanks again!

Keedysville, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2010

My wife and I just returned from a 5 night stay at this hotel. This is supposed to be a 3 star hotel. I would rate is a 1.5 tops. The beds are very uncomfortable, the rooms are dirty, and the tv reception is spotty at best. We were there for 5 days and not once was our bathroom floor or toilet cleaned. The only thing the maid servive did was give us towels and make the bed. The parking is also a problem. There are not nearly enough spaces and they are only big enough for compact cars. If you have a truck or an SUV forget it. The pool os also bad. it is closed in and is only big enough for 4 or 5 people.
if you are going to spend the money on a 3 star, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank robw69
cyoceancity, General Manager at Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this review, 24 June 2010
Dear robw69,

We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to write your review.

We take all of the comments, questions and concerns from our guests very seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong and most importantly, tell us how we can improve our service and facilities.

I apologize for your dissatisfaction with our housekeeping and I assure you this will be addressed swiftly. I would love to discuss your experience with you so please feel free to contact me.

I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again.

Richard J Smith
Greater Washington, DC area
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2010

I recently booked an impromptu trip as a belated birthday gift for my 13 year old daughter. She'd never been to Ocean City and since I'm a Marriott Rewards Member I figured I'd use my points and I'm really glad I did.
To start with, most of the rooms are "ocean view" but I wanted an "ocean front" room. This cannot always be guaranteed but when I called and spoke with Brandon, not only did he put in the request for me he also was kind enough to have a card and small gift bag put in the room. (NOTE: this is NOT standard practice). He also suggested I call back the following morning to see if my request was granted. When I called the next morning I spoke with Ed and he assured me he was working on it since it was a "special occasion" and would do his best.
I must admit they exceeded my expectations.
Check-in was a breeze with Ed was at the front desk. We arrived @ 2:30, check in isn’t until 4 pm but our room was ready. YIPPIE SKIPPE! We stayed in room 322 (3rd floor) which is on the same floor as the lobby, across from entrances to pool, exercise room and laundry room. You'd think with all the activity going on it'd be really noisy but thankfully it wasn’t. I didn’t hear a peep outside of my room door. The room was big and CLEAN with 2 double beds, lounge chair and a balcony that faced the ocean with 2 chairs. The view was absolutely amazing and made me even more glad I was so persistent with my request.
The hotel is centrally located on 15th street which is where all the "action" really begins. It was great exercise to walk all the way down to the beginning of the boardwalk and back daily. It gets really crowded but that's what happens when you go during "senior week" (total accident). It also got pretty noisy outside when I left my balcony door open but once I shut it; BLISS.
They have a restaurant onsite which we didn’t go to. The prices were a little high but the food surely smelled good.
Not sure what the complaints are about the underground parking. I didn’t have an issue parking my car and I drive a Camry which is considered full size. Maybe being from NYC I'm used to it or maybe those that complained simply can’t drive or park well.
The lobby served lemonade on Saturday next to the coffee stand but not sure what happened Sunday and Monday. Maybe it's only a weekend thing? Also, if you want some of the comp coffee, get there early. Both days when I went to get some the carafe was empty. Can’t really blame the hotel; they we're sold out and it is a complimentary service they provide.
The pool was more of a large tub with a bath tub attached. Kind of annoying when you have 10 people trying to swim in it but hey, you've got a huge ocean out there so why only stay at the pool? Besides seeing the young kids learn to swim was too cute!
There is a staircase by the pool which leads to a walk way for the beach; super easy access.
NOTE: You are not allowed to bring hotel towels down to the beach so please remember to bring your own from home or buy them at one of the many shops on the Boardwalk.
The ONLY reason the hotel isn’t getting a rating of 5 is they entered my room and cleaned it even though I had the "do not disturb" sign up. Of course some people wouldn’t have a problem with this but I value my privacy and I put the sign up there for a reason. That’s one of my BIGGEST pet peeves and a sure way to knock off 1 point when I do a review.
All in all it was a great experience and this is a great hotel. I wouldn’t have paid the advertised price ($468 a night? WHOA!) But using my points I'll definitely come again!

1 Thank COCO_CLASSIC
cyoceancity, General Manager at Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this review, 18 June 2010
Thank you for taking the time for writing a review for us, We appreciate your business and I hope that you can stay with us again in the future.

You are obviously a very experienced traveler and your contributions to TripAdvisor really help other travelers make well informed decisions.

Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2010

Hotel had everything we needed. The rooms were roomy and quiet (it was "Senior Week" and there were teenagers staying in the rooms on either side of us...never heard them!). The beds were comfortable. Bathroom was clean and well stocked. We opted not to have our room made up and the housekeeping staff left fresh towels and toiletries in a bag on our doorknob (very nice touch). The staff was very friendly. There is ample parking. It is very conveniently located. We were able to park our car and leave it for the duration of our trip.