“Last Min Anniversary Get Away”

Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront
Ranked #13 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Shady Side,Md
“Last Min Anniversary Get Away”
Reviewed 1 November 2010

My wife and I booked this room as a late get away for our 14th Wedding Anniversary. The young women at the front desk was great with our needs and making sure everything was in place, i.e. Champagne and Strawberries. The room blew us away, being off season you expect thing not just to be up to par. Wow I was wrong the room was very clean and fresh and the hotel location was right on the boardwalk. We will be back soon... Great Job to the Staff

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ShadySideJoe
cyoceancity, Manager at Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this review, 15 November 2010
Congratulations on your 14th Wedding Anniversary! I'm so happy we could make your celebration one to remember for many years to come. We hope to see you again soon.

Richard Smith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 October 2010

This is my second time in Ocean City, and I made sure I booked at the Marriott. Considering a lot of the hotels in the area is very outdated, this one was a refreshing sight. Will surely come back.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
cyoceancity, General Manager at Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this review, 11 November 2010
Thank you for your kind comments. We can't wait for you to return. Please do not hesitate to contact us when making your next reservation.

yardley, PA
Reviewed 14 October 2010

My husband and I booked two nights at the Marriott OC for $60/night through a priceline bid. Every room in this immaculately clean hotel has it's own balcony with an ocean view but if I had to do it all over again, I'd definitely shell out a little more money to get the ocean front rooms. Room 212 had an odd mechanical noise in the room. It was as if you were in a giant washing machine. Our saving grace was the ipod docking station that helped put my 2 year old son to sleep. However, Tiasha from the front desk was gracious enough to give us a new QUIET room in the third floor (311). I highly recommend this room if you were on a budget like us. The view was so much better, it's near the lobby and it was right across the access for the pool, patio and work out room. And since the room was right next door to the Captain's Table, room service was insanely quick! It took less than 10 minutes for our breakfast to be delivered to our door. The location of the hotel was wonderful. It's right on the boardwalk, within walking distance to almost everything imaginable. However, since my family and I stayed there in the off peak - almost everything was CLOSED including most of the shops, restaurants and rides on the boardwalk. Lauren from the front desk was an absolute god sent. She literally paged through the phone book to find restaurants that were open and even made a couple of phone calls. This resulted in the best pizza we've had in a while: Fat Daddy's vegetarian gourmet pizza! The beach directly off the hotel was fabulous. We saw two huge dolphins not too far away from us!
Overall, the staff of this Marriott was what made our vacation so much better than it could have been. Everybody was very warm and cordial. When I called the hotel to tell them I lost my camera, Ed from reception sounded more excited than me when he found it. He had told me that he was going nuts trying to figure out how to contact me since they didn't have my address (I've prepaid through priceline). The manager even called expedia, hotwire and priceline to see if they could give him my home number... now that's customer service!

2 Thank nimeria
cyoceancity, General Manager at Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this review, 22 October 2010
Thank you so much for your review. When I showed the staff your compliments one staff member made the comment "It’s just so great when things work out perfectly". I couldn’t have said it better. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 12 October 2010

This hotel is just a few years old and is very modern in its decor. The layout is unique and the hotel is clean. The location is quite picturesque, as well. Right on the boardwalk but not too close to the chaos of the inlet. Highly recommended as a nice stay at the beach.

1 Thank madmbtfly
Dear madmbtfly,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We take pride in the cleanliness of our property and I’m always thrilled when people compliment us on what we do.

nyc
Reviewed 11 October 2010

The hotel is really nice and clean..... it's a little on the pricey side but the rooms are big and clean, will definitely stay there again. The restaurant has great food as well!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank unic977
Thank you for your business and thank you for your review. We cannot wait for you to return. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly when planning your next trip.

Springfield, VA
Reviewed 10 October 2010

Since becoming a rewards member, I always try to stay at Marriott hotels now. My family and I were happy with this hotel. Like previous reviews, the elevators are odd and you have to transfer to different ones for different floors. Once you figure it out, it is ok. We had no trouble with parking and always found a space in the garage.
I traveled with my husband and young child. We stayed in a king suite, and I had requested a high floor away from elevators/stairways. Well, when we got our room, it was a HANDICAPPED king suite located RIGHT NEXT to the stair way and ACROSS from the elevator!! Needless to say I had trouble getting to sleep with the loud stair door opening and closing and elevator, but I figured I could put up with it for 2 nights. I wasn't sure why we were given a handicapped room WITH an adjoining door to the next room. We dealt with it though. The extra space in the room did come in handy w/ the stroller and room for my son to play. The room was clean and new, the bathroom was very nice too. If you need a firm pillow to sleep on, bring your own. I wish I had brought mine. These pillows here were just way too soft and were down feather. Not the kind I like at all. But I dealt with it. They were fine for my husband. We also wished that the refrigerator was bigger. There was a lot of wasted space around the tiny one in the room, and they could clearly fit a bigger one in that spot.
We enjoyed the indoor pool and it was clean and nicely heated. My only complaint there is that the tile gets VERY slippery when wet. I could totally see someone falling on it. It would have been better to have concrete or another flooring that adsorbs the water better.
Overall, we had a really nice time. It was our first time at this hotel. The location is wonderful. We would stay here again, as long as we get a room far from the stairs or elevator!!

1 Thank LRBarney76
Dear LRBarney76,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. There were obviously some challenges during your stay but I am happy that even with the difficulties you enjoyed your stay. I hope we can welcome you as a guest again soon.

Newark, Delaware
Reviewed 9 October 2010

I lived there one night over the summer with my parents. The hotel is on the beach, and I love the room decoration. Everything was great. It was a great experience for my family. We can see the beach from our balcony. I will definitly live there again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank wendynemo
cyoceancity, General Manager at Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this review, 21 October 2010
What a nice phrase, "I lived there". I'm so happy we could invite you into our home and that you enjoyed your stay. We cannot wait for you to return. Please feel free to contact me directly when making your next reservation.