“Nice property, Checked and checked out though”

Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront
Ranked #13 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 24 November 2010

I have to start by giving all credit to this property and the staff for good customer service. However, I checked in and checked out 10 minutes later.

Unfortunately, I was looking for a place where I could spend thankgsgiving weekend relaxing and occasionally watching the ocean waves from my room, as realistically, there isn't much else to do this time of the year. I was given a non-ocean front room, facing another motel and a sneak peek of the ocean. Check in personnel were very friendly, but clarified they did not have ocean front rooms available. When I got to the room, it just didnt fit my needs above. For the record, room was very clean and fresh. But since I had been told there were no ocean front rooms, I quickly made a reservation at the Hilton, then called the Courtyard's front desk to let them know I was checking out. Surprisingly, they said there was a ocean front room available if I was willing to stay. Unfortunately, the Hilton reservation had to be prepaid, so it was too late. I am both Marriott and Hilton rewards guest, hence switch between the two.

So for the record, this is a nice and well maintained property, but not all rooms are ocean front if that is what you are looking for, again depending on the season. During summer, I guess this is a non issue. Would I stay again or recommend? yes, in winter if you get ocean front room. Can't pretend to be an authority about summer though.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TAmember10

Reviewed 16 November 2010

I came at the end of september and the beginning of october and the weather was overcast with occasional showers.But the hotel made up for it.Great room great staff.To say that parking was in the basement is not correct unless you note that the basement is the first floor open on all sides.I read the reviews about the indoor parking and was concerned about getting into a space.Ihad planned on using the spillover lot.There was no problem at all.The restaurant was very good although at times I had to instruct the waiters on obtaining things (one young man did not know that bread came with the meal). Dumners had great ice cream but mediocre food,Da Vincis was altogether mediocre.Peppers next door was great. Ocean City is too old for me I prefer Virginia Beach or Rehoboth,but this Courtyard was a worthwhile gem.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank franklynM
Reviewed 10 November 2010

the hotel met expectations. clean and employees helpfu.l convenient location.
we were able to park an oversized pickup in the garage. inside pool is small.
spa is pool water warm, not hot tub temperature. great view of ocean/beach from ocean side room balcony. food was very good in the hotel restaurant but sunday breakfast seemed too busy for number of staff on hand in restaurant,

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank crloganphila
cyoceancity, General Manager at Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2010

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize for any inconvenience in our restaurant on Sunday morning and I assure you that service is usually to the highest standard. I will be sure to pass your kind comments of our staff along to them. If you should need any assistance in making future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 8 November 2010

Upon arriving, you are greeted by a recently built Courtyard, featuring modern décor and fresh surroundings. There are four floors. The best, I think, is the third floor because you have same floor access to the front desk, the pool (which is warm and unique in that the Jacuzzi spills out into the main pool), the fitness room and the restaurant. If you can, try to get an ocean view. Watching the waves crash down and the surfers skillfully ply their way along them was such a treat. Sitting out one the balcony is also a great way to relax, listen to the waves and people walking by.

In general, the room was clean, everything worked, décor was up-to-date and relaxing.
Try out the bar and restaurant. Great food, good happy hour prices and nice atmosphere. Was really great not to have to get into the car to eat and relax. Afterwards, we just walked back to our room.

Hotel's location is outstanding! You are seconds from the boardwalk and all the stores, etc.

Parking is free and ample.

Lots of great restaurants within walking distance. Within a 20 minute drive, there are nearby cities that also offer attractions.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mawallace13546

Dear mawallace13546,

Thank you for your great review. I truly believe TripAdvisor can be a great tool for travelers especially with reviews like yours. Thank you so much for your candid comments and we hope to see you again soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 1 November 2010

My wife and I booked this room as a late get away for our 14th Wedding Anniversary. The young women at the front desk was great with our needs and making sure everything was in place, i.e. Champagne and Strawberries. The room blew us away, being off season you expect thing not just to be up to par. Wow I was wrong the room was very clean and fresh and the hotel location was right on the boardwalk. We will be back soon... Great Job to the Staff

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShadySideJoe
cyoceancity, Manager at Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2010

Congratulations on your 14th Wedding Anniversary! I'm so happy we could make your celebration one to remember for many years to come. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 31 October 2010

This is my second time in Ocean City, and I made sure I booked at the Marriott. Considering a lot of the hotels in the area is very outdated, this one was a refreshing sight. Will surely come back.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
cyoceancity, General Manager at Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2010

Thank you for your kind comments. We can't wait for you to return. Please do not hesitate to contact us when making your next reservation.

Reviewed 14 October 2010

My husband and I booked two nights at the Marriott OC for $60/night through a priceline bid. Every room in this immaculately clean hotel has it's own balcony with an ocean view but if I had to do it all over again, I'd definitely shell out a little more money to get the ocean front rooms. Room 212 had an odd mechanical noise in the room. It was as if you were in a giant washing machine. Our saving grace was the ipod docking station that helped put my 2 year old son to sleep. However, Tiasha from the front desk was gracious enough to give us a new QUIET room in the third floor (311). I highly recommend this room if you were on a budget like us. The view was so much better, it's near the lobby and it was right across the access for the pool, patio and work out room. And since the room was right next door to the Captain's Table, room service was insanely quick! It took less than 10 minutes for our breakfast to be delivered to our door. The location of the hotel was wonderful. It's right on the boardwalk, within walking distance to almost everything imaginable. However, since my family and I stayed there in the off peak - almost everything was CLOSED including most of the shops, restaurants and rides on the boardwalk. Lauren from the front desk was an absolute god sent. She literally paged through the phone book to find restaurants that were open and even made a couple of phone calls. This resulted in the best pizza we've had in a while: Fat Daddy's vegetarian gourmet pizza! The beach directly off the hotel was fabulous. We saw two huge dolphins not too far away from us!
Overall, the staff of this Marriott was what made our vacation so much better than it could have been. Everybody was very warm and cordial. When I called the hotel to tell them I lost my camera, Ed from reception sounded more excited than me when he found it. He had told me that he was going nuts trying to figure out how to contact me since they didn't have my address (I've prepaid through priceline). The manager even called expedia, hotwire and priceline to see if they could give him my home number... now that's customer service!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank nimeria
cyoceancity, General Manager at Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2010

Thank you so much for your review. When I showed the staff your compliments one staff member made the comment "It’s just so great when things work out perfectly". I couldn’t have said it better. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.