“Can't Stay Away!”

Ranked #13 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Can't Stay Away!”
Reviewed 29 November 2010

My husband and I traveled to Rehoboth Beach for years, but when a Marriott opened in OCMD (the only one in the area), my Marriott-point-obsessed hubby decided we should give it a shot. Not only did we find it a much brighter, cleaner hotel with more amenities than the ones at the Delaware beaches, but we love the restaurant. Our kids go nuts for the pool, too. Since we only travel to the beach off-season, these things are very important. We love having a room that faces the ocean so we can see and hear the waves, and in the late fall/winter it's a very affordable option. While we don't really care for Ocean City, we just can't stay away because we like this hotel so much (and we keep asking,"Why couldn't this hotel be in Rehoboth? It would be pure bliss!"). (My husband does has a small complaint though: he has stayed in dozens of Marriotts across the country on business and says that the towels and pillows in OCMD aren't "up to Marriott standards." I didn't notice, however.) Thanks for another great weekend getaway!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank mbfmom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed 28 November 2010

I would never have thought to celebrate Thanksgiving on the beach. We had such a good time. The hotel staff was friendly and when we had a problem with our T.V. a staff member came and replaced it immediately. The only problem was the bathroom floor was a little dirty and there was not enough facial tissue available for us. Thanksgiving dinner at The Captain's Table was excellent, just like home. The staff at the restaurant were nice. We would do it again next year.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank MCC1969
cyoceancity, General Manager at Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this review, 30 November 2010
Dear MCC1969,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am very happy you enjoyed your Thanksgiving with us. The holiday season is a great time in Ocean City. There is still a lot to do and the hotels and restaurants have some great deals. We hope to see you again soon.

Thank you!

Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 24 November 2010

I have to start by giving all credit to this property and the staff for good customer service. However, I checked in and checked out 10 minutes later.

Unfortunately, I was looking for a place where I could spend thankgsgiving weekend relaxing and occasionally watching the ocean waves from my room, as realistically, there isn't much else to do this time of the year. I was given a non-ocean front room, facing another motel and a sneak peek of the ocean. Check in personnel were very friendly, but clarified they did not have ocean front rooms available. When I got to the room, it just didnt fit my needs above. For the record, room was very clean and fresh. But since I had been told there were no ocean front rooms, I quickly made a reservation at the Hilton, then called the Courtyard's front desk to let them know I was checking out. Surprisingly, they said there was a ocean front room available if I was willing to stay. Unfortunately, the Hilton reservation had to be prepaid, so it was too late. I am both Marriott and Hilton rewards guest, hence switch between the two.

So for the record, this is a nice and well maintained property, but not all rooms are ocean front if that is what you are looking for, again depending on the season. During summer, I guess this is a non issue. Would I stay again or recommend? yes, in winter if you get ocean front room. Can't pretend to be an authority about summer though.

Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TAmember10
mclean virginia
Reviewed 16 November 2010

I came at the end of september and the beginning of october and the weather was overcast with occasional showers.But the hotel made up for it.Great room great staff.To say that parking was in the basement is not correct unless you note that the basement is the first floor open on all sides.I read the reviews about the indoor parking and was concerned about getting into a space.Ihad planned on using the spillover lot.There was no problem at all.The restaurant was very good although at times I had to instruct the waiters on obtaining things (one young man did not know that bread came with the meal). Dumners had great ice cream but mediocre food,Da Vincis was altogether mediocre.Peppers next door was great. Ocean City is too old for me I prefer Virginia Beach or Rehoboth,but this Courtyard was a worthwhile gem.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank franklynM
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 November 2010

the hotel met expectations. clean and employees helpfu.l convenient location.
we were able to park an oversized pickup in the garage. inside pool is small.
spa is pool water warm, not hot tub temperature. great view of ocean/beach from ocean side room balcony. food was very good in the hotel restaurant but sunday breakfast seemed too busy for number of staff on hand in restaurant,

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank crloganphila
cyoceancity, General Manager at Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this review, 15 November 2010
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize for any inconvenience in our restaurant on Sunday morning and I assure you that service is usually to the highest standard. I will be sure to pass your kind comments of our staff along to them. If you should need any assistance in making future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 8 November 2010

Upon arriving, you are greeted by a recently built Courtyard, featuring modern décor and fresh surroundings. There are four floors. The best, I think, is the third floor because you have same floor access to the front desk, the pool (which is warm and unique in that the Jacuzzi spills out into the main pool), the fitness room and the restaurant. If you can, try to get an ocean view. Watching the waves crash down and the surfers skillfully ply their way along them was such a treat. Sitting out one the balcony is also a great way to relax, listen to the waves and people walking by.

In general, the room was clean, everything worked, décor was up-to-date and relaxing.
Try out the bar and restaurant. Great food, good happy hour prices and nice atmosphere. Was really great not to have to get into the car to eat and relax. Afterwards, we just walked back to our room.

Hotel's location is outstanding! You are seconds from the boardwalk and all the stores, etc.

Parking is free and ample.

Lots of great restaurants within walking distance. Within a 20 minute drive, there are nearby cities that also offer attractions.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mawallace13546
Dear mawallace13546,

Thank you for your great review. I truly believe TripAdvisor can be a great tool for travelers especially with reviews like yours. Thank you so much for your candid comments and we hope to see you again soon!

Regards,

Shady Side,Md
Reviewed 1 November 2010

My wife and I booked this room as a late get away for our 14th Wedding Anniversary. The young women at the front desk was great with our needs and making sure everything was in place, i.e. Champagne and Strawberries. The room blew us away, being off season you expect thing not just to be up to par. Wow I was wrong the room was very clean and fresh and the hotel location was right on the boardwalk. We will be back soon... Great Job to the Staff

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ShadySideJoe
cyoceancity, Manager at Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this review, 15 November 2010
Congratulations on your 14th Wedding Anniversary! I'm so happy we could make your celebration one to remember for many years to come. We hope to see you again soon.