“FANTASTIC STAY!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #52 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Bel Air, Maryland
“FANTASTIC STAY!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

The room was very clean, large, comfortable, and all at a great price! You cant get a better location. Just a few steps from the beach. So glad we found this hotel! Loved sitting out on the porch in the morning with a cup of coffee... so relaxing. After a great day at the beach this is definately a place you can come home to away from the hustle and bustle of the boardwalk to relax and get a great nights sleep. The staff was super friendly and professional, I cant wait to visit again!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank kewiggins2003

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Clements, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

Hidden gem in ocean city, classic old fashioned hotel service that the name brand chains cannot touch. I thoroughly enjoyed the room, it was very clean and welcoming. The location is right by the ramp to the boardwalk, so your not far off from everything. Night time was quiet too! No loud obnoxious kids getting wasted there! I highly recommend this place if the space is available.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MSKI12
Great Mills, Md
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

My husband and I just recently returned from a stay at the Beach Walk Hotel. While the hotel is older it is evident that the owner's have made every effort to keep the hotel as modern as possible. The most important aspect to me in staying in a hotel is cleanliness - and this hotel was VERY clean. The owner's are nice and very personable. I loved that they had beach chairs and umbrellas available to guests free of charge. We took advantage of these each day. The location is great too, just a short walk to the beach and the boardwalk! We certainly will be returning!

5 Thank Melanie W
Niles, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

We stayed at the Beach Walk Hotel last August and are preparing our return in just a few weeks. I have spoken with Danelle on the phone several times and she is very nice; personable and attentive. We arrived prior to check in time and were allowed to check in early since our room was ready. Our room was on the third floor and the stairs were not bad at all (and I have a bad knee). Our room was spacious, comfortable and CLEAN! That is the first thing I noticed from the moment we checked in. This is a big issue with my family when we travel and could not have been more pleased. The owners and staff make every effort to make your stay comfortable and it shows. I was worried that perhaps I would be awaken early in the morning by other guests or neighbors, but it was quiet enough to allow us to sleep in. The beds were comfortable. The location of this hotel is terrific; just a stone's throw to the boardwalk and beach. We had no issue with parking, the outdoor private showers are great and it was nice to be able to borrow a beach chair when we needed one. We had to alter our stay one day (the exchange student we were sponsoring was arriving earlier than anticipated) and Danelle graciously and quickly made the change needed. The Beach Walk Hotel is a great value and we won't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Jackie T
West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

If you are looking for the bare essentials in a clean and comfortable beach side room this is the place for you. It's true- there is no pool, alarm clock, phone, ice or hair dryer but the price, boardwalk proximity and cleanliness make up for it.

The hotel is located on 10th street directly behind the Inn on the Ocean B&B, directly next to the boardwalk ramp. The location is great. The whole place is on the honors system. There is no one behind the counter- you pick up a red phone and it connects you to the owner's cell and she answers you wherever she is. This was not at all an impediment to service. We saw her and the other workers around the property and everyone was friendly and accommodating. There is also a wall of beach goodies (umbrellas, chairs, etc) that guests may use, simply take what you need and return it later. My husband and I took advantage of this daily. They don't provide towels for the beach, so we got 2 cheap-o towels at the beach store on the boardwalk right next to the hotel. Near the wall-o-goodies outside, there are two private showers where you can rinse off from the beach if desired. We did use these and it was convenient! There's also a picnic bench and a grill, which we would have used if my husband had caught all the fish he thought he was! lol!

The basic room we had included a totally remodeled and impeccably clean bathroom with stall shower, sink and toilet. We didn't get the best water pressure, but we are not picky about minor things. There is not a lot of counter space but this was OK with me as we were only there 3 nights. The bedroom is just that- a bedroom. On the smaller side, but for the two of us on a quick get-away (without our kid!!) it was perfect. There's a small TV, mini-fridge, night stand, lamp, dresser and queen size bed. The bed linens were crisp and clean. Each room has it's own window air conditioning unit. Ours was a little loud at times but it kept the room very comfortable as it was 90-100 degrees during our stay!

Parking is in a sand lot a few feet down 10th street, we received a decal and were able to take the few steps away from the hotel to peek at the car periodically to make sure everything was OK, and it was!

The building appears to me, to be a refurbished house. It has apx. 27 rooms (from what we could count) and the owner tells you all the rules when you check in. They are family oriented and discourage loud partying- which is fine with us! The hotel is 3 stories tall with the owner's private family residence on the first floor and the hotel lobby on the 2nd, and rooms on the 2nd & 3rd floors. Room access is by outside stairwells, and there are no elevators. Two large porches on each guest floor have rocking chairs. We enjoyed a drink on the porch one evening before dinner and met a few other guests. If it wasn't so hot during our stay, I could have seen those community porches being a great congregating space to mingle, or relax!

Overall this hotel does lack many basic amenities that come with chain and larger hotels, but it's an honest, clean, family friendly, "mom & pop" type operation that provides good service, beautiful, clean, refurnished rooms at an extremely affordable rate. Trust me when I say "affordable"! I will add that if we choose to come again with our daughter too, we will be booking a larger room. (Those have two beds, a table, and kitchenette and much more space.) We enjoyed ourselves and would consider staying again.

Room Tip: I would recommend trying to book the larger room with kitchenette, even if it's just for two peo...
1 Thank BSypolt
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

My boyfriend and I visiting the Beach Walk Hotel in early July 2012. The location was the best part. We loved being so close to the boardwalk, restaurants, bars, and of course, the beach !! The room was spacious enough for us; and although was your basic "bedroom, and bathroom" it was good enough for two people that didn't spend much time in the room. If we come back to the Beach Walk (for the price, you can't beat it !) we might request something a little bigger, but the overall Hotel and Room was clean, pleasant and just what we needed. Thanks to the owner for letting us borrow her beach chair, when my boyfriend's broke!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank fromScranton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

Obnixious drunken teens were everywhere not just in the hotel (although the manager seemed to have a hold on them)...suprised the police were not called.

The room had no alarm clock, phone or hair dryer. No water pressure the shower. No fabric softner was used on the towels. The bed was so uncomfortable we slept horribly and the 2 flimsy pillows didnt help either.

Also, be wary of the rickety wooden steps that must be climbed to check in and access your room!!!

I would not recommend this "hotel" for famalies. This place is only good for drunken teens.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank trvlbabe40
, Owner at Beach Walk Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2012
I am the owner of the Beach Walk Hotel....I would like to address the “Big Big Mistake” comment.
The Beach Walk Hotel is a 1930 building that has been brought up to modern times as much as humanly possible. The building is maintained and operated by my husband and myself and we also live here. If there is an issue with water pressure we need to know as it may be something in the shower head but we need to know what room. We do not take showers in the guest’s rooms; however my husband is a plumber so he can address the issue right away, if he knows about it. Our porches were replaced about 8 years ago and are sturdy, sound and constantly checked and maintained as needed.
The month of June is “Senior Week” the entire town is filled with teenagers who just graduated high school. During Senior Week, Hot Rod weekend, Bike weekend or any event that would attract a loud environment I inform the person on the phone before making a reservation of such. During the not so “family” events we do our best to “keep a handle on it!” We also hire security in the month of June to keep everyone safe.
We advertise all amenities that we DO have. Ice machines are loud and wake people, we have ice cube trays in each room for drinks and there is a little store one block away who sells ice to fill coolers. We have a hair dryer, ironing board, beach umbrellas and coffee and tea located in the lobby for anyone to use. Extra pillows, blankets and towels are available upon request. We have alarm clocks if needed, 99.9% of the population today has a cell phone with an alarm. Phone systems, pools, elevators etc. are costly to rent and maintain. We are trying our best to keep the hotel AFFORDABLE for everyone. As you can see by other comments we strive to make everyone's stay as comfortable as possible. This hotel is steps from the beach clean, friendly and family priced.