“Best vacation ever... 2 years running!”
Review of Beach Walk Hotel

and 1 more site!
Beach Walk Hotel
Ranked #56 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Staten Island, New York
“Best vacation ever... 2 years running!”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Absolutely love the Beach Walk! My Fiance and I have stayed there for the last 2 years and do not have one complaint. The owners are courteous, caring, and always look forward to your return. I dont know about the guy that complained about the uncomfortable beds because I think they are way above average seeing as how they are Queen size mattresses without those 80's floral print bedspreads!! :) We have stayed in OC for the last 6 years and have finally found the place we will be staying every summer from now on. Not even a Hurricane will keep us away!!! Thank you Beach Walk for always being out second home.

Room Tip: Room 18... Biggest double bed room there. Bathroom is big. By far our favorite!!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Spanky0779

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Westminster, Maryland
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We just got back from an awesome 4 night stay at the Beach Walk Hotel. This was our first time but it will not be our last. This is a family owned and run hotel with the owners living on site. This hotel promotes a family atmosphere and they do not tolerate nonsense ( nor should they…and thank God). If you are looking for a cozy, convenient, CLEAN, family oriented place, steps from the boardwalk in OC…this is it. The hotel is obviously an older building but it has been brought up to date in every way possible. The owners are SUPER nice. They accommodated our request to add an extra night to our reservation. On the last night, we had to change rooms due our last minute request to stay. The owners could not have been nicer or more accommodating. The room change was actually neat because we got to see what “life was like” on two different floors. The hotel does not have an elevator so if you have someone who can not do steps this may be a consideration. The steps that are there ARE IN GREAT SHAPE! (not sure what the one reviewer was talking about, the steps are VERY well maintained) Both of our rooms were classified as “family style” rooms. Each room had two COMFORTABLE beds…with FLUFFY pillows, shower, a microwave, refrigerator, small table with chairs, nightstand, dresser, TV and a window AC Unit. There are no in room phones but we really did not even notice until we were leaving because we tend to use our cell phones all the time any way. If you needed to reach the owner there is a phone on the check in desk that rings right to them. The owners were very visible and friendly throughout our stay. The location was perfect for us….just steps from the boardwalk and the beach. Hotel parking is located less than a block from the hotel in a sand/gravel lot. Between the tram, bus, car and your own two feet you can get around the town with ease. The hotel does not have pool but that was not something my family was looking for anyway. Outside showers make it easy to hose off after a day at the beach. My husband and I enjoyed sitting on the porch in the evening people watching and chatting with other guests. Not to be out done by coffee (provided in the lobby each morning) on the porch watching the sun rise over the beach. The common sense hotel rules allow every family to have a GREAT experience. I would recommend this hotel for families that want a comfy, cozy, CLEAN, place at the beach. This hotel has all the charm of a Bed and Breakfast…without the breakfast... but plenty of old fashion beach hospitality. This was perfect for our family of 3 (mon, dad and 11 year old) Different room sizes and layouts to accomodate just about any request. THANKS FOR A GREAT STAY!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Getawaygang2
Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed 27 July 2012

The room was very clean, large, comfortable, and all at a great price! You cant get a better location. Just a few steps from the beach. So glad we found this hotel! Loved sitting out on the porch in the morning with a cup of coffee... so relaxing. After a great day at the beach this is definately a place you can come home to away from the hustle and bustle of the boardwalk to relax and get a great nights sleep. The staff was super friendly and professional, I cant wait to visit again!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank kewiggins2003
Clements, Maryland
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Hidden gem in ocean city, classic old fashioned hotel service that the name brand chains cannot touch. I thoroughly enjoyed the room, it was very clean and welcoming. The location is right by the ramp to the boardwalk, so your not far off from everything. Night time was quiet too! No loud obnoxious kids getting wasted there! I highly recommend this place if the space is available.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MSKI12
Great Mills, Md
Reviewed 24 July 2012

My husband and I just recently returned from a stay at the Beach Walk Hotel. While the hotel is older it is evident that the owner's have made every effort to keep the hotel as modern as possible. The most important aspect to me in staying in a hotel is cleanliness - and this hotel was VERY clean. The owner's are nice and very personable. I loved that they had beach chairs and umbrellas available to guests free of charge. We took advantage of these each day. The location is great too, just a short walk to the beach and the boardwalk! We certainly will be returning!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Melanie W
Niles, Ohio
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We stayed at the Beach Walk Hotel last August and are preparing our return in just a few weeks. I have spoken with Danelle on the phone several times and she is very nice; personable and attentive. We arrived prior to check in time and were allowed to check in early since our room was ready. Our room was on the third floor and the stairs were not bad at all (and I have a bad knee). Our room was spacious, comfortable and CLEAN! That is the first thing I noticed from the moment we checked in. This is a big issue with my family when we travel and could not have been more pleased. The owners and staff make every effort to make your stay comfortable and it shows. I was worried that perhaps I would be awaken early in the morning by other guests or neighbors, but it was quiet enough to allow us to sleep in. The beds were comfortable. The location of this hotel is terrific; just a stone's throw to the boardwalk and beach. We had no issue with parking, the outdoor private showers are great and it was nice to be able to borrow a beach chair when we needed one. We had to alter our stay one day (the exchange student we were sponsoring was arriving earlier than anticipated) and Danelle graciously and quickly made the change needed. The Beach Walk Hotel is a great value and we won't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Jackie T
West Virginia
Reviewed 19 July 2012

If you are looking for the bare essentials in a clean and comfortable beach side room this is the place for you. It's true- there is no pool, alarm clock, phone, ice or hair dryer but the price, boardwalk proximity and cleanliness make up for it.

The hotel is located on 10th street directly behind the Inn on the Ocean B&B, directly next to the boardwalk ramp. The location is great. The whole place is on the honors system. There is no one behind the counter- you pick up a red phone and it connects you to the owner's cell and she answers you wherever she is. This was not at all an impediment to service. We saw her and the other workers around the property and everyone was friendly and accommodating. There is also a wall of beach goodies (umbrellas, chairs, etc) that guests may use, simply take what you need and return it later. My husband and I took advantage of this daily. They don't provide towels for the beach, so we got 2 cheap-o towels at the beach store on the boardwalk right next to the hotel. Near the wall-o-goodies outside, there are two private showers where you can rinse off from the beach if desired. We did use these and it was convenient! There's also a picnic bench and a grill, which we would have used if my husband had caught all the fish he thought he was! lol!

The basic room we had included a totally remodeled and impeccably clean bathroom with stall shower, sink and toilet. We didn't get the best water pressure, but we are not picky about minor things. There is not a lot of counter space but this was OK with me as we were only there 3 nights. The bedroom is just that- a bedroom. On the smaller side, but for the two of us on a quick get-away (without our kid!!) it was perfect. There's a small TV, mini-fridge, night stand, lamp, dresser and queen size bed. The bed linens were crisp and clean. Each room has it's own window air conditioning unit. Ours was a little loud at times but it kept the room very comfortable as it was 90-100 degrees during our stay!

Parking is in a sand lot a few feet down 10th street, we received a decal and were able to take the few steps away from the hotel to peek at the car periodically to make sure everything was OK, and it was!

The building appears to me, to be a refurbished house. It has apx. 27 rooms (from what we could count) and the owner tells you all the rules when you check in. They are family oriented and discourage loud partying- which is fine with us! The hotel is 3 stories tall with the owner's private family residence on the first floor and the hotel lobby on the 2nd, and rooms on the 2nd & 3rd floors. Room access is by outside stairwells, and there are no elevators. Two large porches on each guest floor have rocking chairs. We enjoyed a drink on the porch one evening before dinner and met a few other guests. If it wasn't so hot during our stay, I could have seen those community porches being a great congregating space to mingle, or relax!

Overall this hotel does lack many basic amenities that come with chain and larger hotels, but it's an honest, clean, family friendly, "mom & pop" type operation that provides good service, beautiful, clean, refurnished rooms at an extremely affordable rate. Trust me when I say "affordable"! I will add that if we choose to come again with our daughter too, we will be booking a larger room. (Those have two beds, a table, and kitchenette and much more space.) We enjoyed ourselves and would consider staying again.

Room Tip: I would recommend trying to book the larger room with kitchenette, even if it's just for two peo...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple