“Home away from home”

Beach Walk Hotel
Ranked #52 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

The Beach Walk hotel is by far the best place to stay in Ocean City Maryland. Immaculately kept rooms and never a worry if they are clean. A family hotel, it is quiet and the staff is very friendly. Right along the boardwalk but not ON the boardwalk makes for a nice quiet stay. Danelle makes you feel at home and makes sure you have a good stay and always makes conversation with you. We will never stay anywhere else!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Peyjad

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Ocean city! In fact I have already spread the word! My boyfriend and I spent 3 nights and 4 days here and didn't have a complaint and I worked in hotels so I know the ups and downs. When we arrived we had to use the red phone to call the owner down. (At first I thought it was odd using a phone and not having a staff member there to check us in) but it wasn't a big deal and as soon as we got Daniele she was right down to help us!!! The housekeeper was friendly and didn't push us out of our room to clean or at checkout. And when we got back the bed was made, trash was out, and we had clean towels. Really clean hotel and friendly staff. Also I couldn't get over the fact I was so close to the boardwalk and the beach, they were both right outside!!! We sat on the porch with the rocking chairs as well and loved every minute of it. We definitely be coming back!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Desi K
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at the Beach Walk. It is not a huge place, very homey. The owner is very nice and welcoming. It is almost like staying with family. Rooms were very clean and appeared freshly painted. We had 2 queens and had a refrigerator with a freezer that worked well and looked new. Also had a microwave, and kitchen sink. The bathroom was very small and the shower was tight, but still not worth complaining about! We could not get the wifi in our room, but we really were not in the room all that much and could get it sitting on the front porch. It is a fabulous location, right on the boardwalk, but since it is on the side street we did not have all the noise of the boardwalk at night. In fact, it was very quiet. I even had an ocean view from my bed! :) I also enjoyed sitting out on the porch in the rocking chairs, with a great view of the ocean. I was able to see 4 other rooms, and they were all equally as nice and all had bigger bathrooms. The price was great, the location was great, the owner was great, and it was clean and comfortable and had off street parking! Can't ask for much more than that! This is where I will always stay when I travel to Ocean City!

Room Tip: We were on the second floor, ocean side, room 16.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Tyler B
Glen Burnie, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I have known the owners for many years. When ever I bring my grandkids Michael and Danelle Amos do there best to accomdate us. The Beachwalk is convenient and right on the beach. I highly recommend this little gem.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank loveinnonoc
Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Just got back from my annual visit to Ocean City. Each year we stay at the Beach Walk Hotel. The location is great - less than a minute walk to the boardwalk. You wont find a better value. The rooms are clean and well maintained. You can park your car (for free I might add) and not need it again until it is time to go home. You are right in the middle of everything. That being said, it is a quiet, family friendly hotel. If you are looking for a hotel with a pool, room service, and a ton of amenities, then this is not the hotel for you. But if you're looking for the best value in Ocean City, this is the place. Also, the owner lives on site, so if you have any issues, she is right there to take care of them (even helped me jump start my car one year). I wouldn't stay anywhere else. K&D W...

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Kevin W
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We spent a July Saturday and Sunday at the Beach Walk Hotel at the beginning of a road trip which will take in California and Oregon as well as Maryland. A bit of seaside fun and rest was definitely indicated - and the hotel is delightful. A lovingly restored 1930s rooming house, the facilities are basic but in very good order and the welcome was warm. We loved being there.

Ocean City itself is like 1950s Southend on steroids and the boardwalk is amazing. You won't go wrong breakfasting at the Brass Balls Saloon - yes, really! - but beware the portions. They're so huge they're off-putting - at least to this English wuss.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room on an upper floor - and got it. And it was.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank arkadina58
Orchard Park, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We have stayed at the Beach Walk Hotel 2 different summers and have loved it every time. The location is great, the owners are nice, and the price is right. The rooms are basic, but more than adequate. The hotel amenities include outdoor showers (a must for the beach), a great porch for relaxing, beach umbrellas, and free WiFi. If we go back to Ocean City, this is where we will stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family