“What a nice hotel - Too bad they can't move it to Ocean City NEW JERSEY!!!”
Review of Beach Walk Hotel

Beach Walk Hotel
Ranked #53 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Springfield - Delaware County, Pennsylvania
“What a nice hotel - Too bad they can't move it to Ocean City NEW JERSEY!!!”
Reviewed 7 January 2011

This hotel is absolutely wonderful. I stay in July '10 and it was our first trip to Ocean City MD being from Jersey, of course I have always frequented those shores. But I was told that OC MD is really fun and way cheaper! Well it is.... cheaper. The hotel is great but the city is a bit rowdy for my taste. I never felt unsafe or anything, but if any one is familiar with jersey shores its more like the center of Wildwood than Ocean City NJ.

With that said if you are vacationing in OC MD and are looking for a quiet CLEAN hotel than Beach Walk is your place. Is it steps to the beach and boardwalk, right at the end of the ramp. You can see the ocean from the front pourches, very nice! The rooms are extremely clean, which is very important to me. They are not very fancy, but don't look bad at all, nice, organized and modern. They are on the smaller side, but not too small. I shared a room with me, my husband, and 6 month old and it was comfortable. This is a family location, but not for partying teenagers. They owners do not want that, and never do I! We had a pleasant stay and no problems.

The owners, are very nice people. Some have written that they are gruff, but I found the opposite to be sure. Very nice, and personable. If you have problems with them, you probably were the problem. I can see that the wife could be mistaken as curt, but that's my type of woman, you have to be to run a hotel that nicely.

The only down side is the parking. Although free, several blocks away. But my husband and I are in our late twenties and early thirties, so the walk did not bother us and we even had a 6 month old and stroller in toe! I could see that for some older people it might be a pain though, so consider that.

All in all a great stay! What a nice hotel - too bad they can't move it to Ocean City New Jersey!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank savytraveler722

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed 19 October 2010

If you are the type of person who needs a cookie cutter hotel and staff to wait on you hand and foot, stop reading now and put Buffy, Kip and little Suzy in the Volvo and head down to the Embassy suites. Your over privileged butt won’t like this place.

If you are the type of person who wants to get falling down drunk, throwing beer cans from the balcony, yelling at people walking on the boardwalk then stop reading now, load up the rest of your immature teen-minded friends in Dad’s car and head over to the Americana hotel it is right next door and they love that kind of people there.

If you are the kind of person who likes a warm friendly place to stay the is more like staying at a friend’s or your grandmother’s house then stop reading and pick up the phone and make a reservation and pray to god they still have a room available !

I have been vacationing at beaches since I was a young boy. Until recently I vacationed in Maine and stayed in typical New England cottages. Recently I have been coming to Ocean City, The thing bothered me the most about Ocean City was how commercial and impersonal it is. All the hotels are basically the same with no personality or charm. Very cold and business like. The Beach Walk Hotel has changed that.

Due to horrible traffic delays (Accident in Washington DC.) We showed up after the posted check in time, while the owners Danelle and Mike were entertaining friends in their home, I expected a very rude response when I knocked on their door and interrupted their family time, if they were rude I would have understood. We got the exact opposite, they were very friendly, pleasant and joked with us and completely set us at ease.

When we went to the “office area” resembled a parlor in someone’s house. Nicely decorated, very homey feeling. We had a good conversation with and Danelle I apologized again for how late we were and that I had not called and she told me I had nothing to apologize for she processed our paperwork and gave us a room key. When we opened the door to the room we saw a basic room, I say basic because it wasn’t cluttered with nick knacks, tacky wall paper other typical hotel crap. The walls were painted in a very warm and inviting color and the white trim offset the wall perfectly. I thought I was standing in someone’s bedroom.

The room and the rest of the hotel was spotless. This is by far the cleanest place I have ever stayed at. Anyone can tell that there is a lot of love and pride put into this place. I have stayed in larger rooms, but who cares. It was a room for 2 and there was more than enough room for the two of us. We booked the room because we are at the beach not hosting dinner parties.

The Beach Walk is maybe 30 yards from the boardwalk. The room we stayed In had a great view of the ocean and I imagine the sunrise would have been spectacular. We never got to see the sunrise because the bed was so comfortable we couldn’t get out of it!

The coffee maker is located in the “lobby area” aka “office area” but as I said before more resembles a parlor in someone’s house and I imagine there are 2 reasons for this. My first thought was because it saved money. The rates were extremely reasonable ( I don’t want to use the word cheap because nothing about this place deserves that word) Our first morning I figured out the other reason the coffee maker is there because it acts as a general meeting place where guests can meet, sit down on the Victorian couches and talk. Danelle and Mike have gone to great lengths to make this a warm and personal place to stay.

I know this was extremely long and I am not the best writer in the world, but I had to tell people this DO NOT BELIEVE THE BAD REVIEWS ! I know the type, they are the first type of person’s I talked about at the top of the page. The Beach Walk Hotel (should be called Inn or House the term hotel does not do it justice) Is warm, friendly, inviting it has all the charm of an expensive bed and breakfast in the country but it is in Ocean City !!!! Assuming I can get a reservation this will be the only place I will stay when I am in Ocean City. It is truly the best kept secret in Ocean City and the best place I have stayed. The worst thing about the hotel is LEAVING!!!! You can’t buy or manufacture this type of a place….

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
8 Thank em20164
Gettysburg, PA
Reviewed 18 October 2010

Excellent....haven't been to OC in 14 years and we chose an excellent place to stay....I wanted to be close to the boardwalk and Beach Walk was perfect....I will be back.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cherryrmt
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 11 October 2010

One of the reviews above mentions that the lady was rude. I cannot disagree more. Let me tell you what happened on a recent trip.
We booked a single night and when we got there, it turned out that the hotel was overbooked, and an error was made in our reservation date. But then, the lady that runs the place made several calls, and when we walked to the rather more expensive hotel across from this one, and got a room, she paid the difference!!! In cash! Including taxes. Unbelievable. The fact is that she probably did not owe us that courtesy. And, she could have found a place that is at the same price point. But yet, she apologized profusely, and paid the hotel bill.

The hotel itself looked clean, and is located splendidly. This is my spot in Ocean City in future.

Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bawlmore
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 18 September 2010

The owner was rude to my husband when we made the reservation over the phone and he said he said she stopped in the middle of conversation with him to say something to one of her employees that sounded demeaning and very rude.ut the rooms and parking etc. He later called back about to ask some general questions about the hotel and the same lady answered and was just as rude before. We were almost not going to show but the location was perfect (right off of tenth street) . When we arrived however the parking was across the interstate and 3 blocks down. What a pain in the butt. If it wasnt for the cleanliness. We would have left and found another place. Would not recomend due to parking and the rudeness of hotel staff

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank oceancityvac92010
Macungie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 August 2010

This is the second time we stayed at the Beach Walk. The first time was five years ago and we really enjoyed our stay then. We tried to book the Beach Walk every time we visited OC but most of our trips were last minute so the hotel was already booked.
The location is fabulous; the second house right off the boardwalk on 10th street! The beach is huge so there is no problem getting a good spot on the beach – just go early if you prefer to be closest to the water.
Everything we did was in walking distance for us. Although we could have utilized the tram on the boardwalk or the bus that takes you up and down OC for $2/day.
The hotel itself is older and looks like a classic beach house to me. Nice porches with rocking chairs to lounge on and watch the ocean or people walking by. The owners due a fantastic job of keeping the unruly people away.
We were on the third floor and there is no elevator but this was not an issue for us. Our room consisted of two-queen beds (one was in its own separate room, no outside access) mini fridge, microwave, two dressers, two TV’s, nightstands, and two AC window units. There were no actual seats in the room. Space was fine for the three of us on vacation (all adults). The bathroom consisted of a shower stall (the ladies had some trouble shaving their legs) a toilet and sink. The bathroom size was adequate for us. The only issue we had was the towel rack was missing – we assumed it was broken but unfortunately never replaced, as there was a space for it on the wall. The bathroom did not have its own AC window unit so the door had to be kept open to keep it cool.
Beds were fine but a bit softer then we all preferred.
The room was clean and probably painted in the off-season. There was very little décor but we weren’t there to stare at the walls of a hotel room!
There were two outdoor showers as well. I used one of them twice while we stayed there. Water pressure and temperature were both fine. However, since the showers never really had any direct sunlight, I could see moldy spots in the shower.
Parking for the hotel was across Baltimore Ave and Philadelphia Ave and up to 12th street. So it was nice walk to get the car but then again we never really needed it due to the location of the hotel. If you are lucky, there is some free parking right outside of the hotel, but they fill up fast!
The hotel also had coffee available in the morning and offered free use of beach umbrellas!
For our trip, this hotel was again perfect. Comfortable, great location and very affordable! We will definitely be back!
I would recommend this hotel for anyone who likes to get out and enjoy the sites and sounds of OC. However, if you like to just lounge in your hotel room, this place probably should not be your first choice, but surely a consideration.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 5PATravelers5
Wheeling, Illinois
Reviewed 16 August 2010

I was very happy with the hotel's location. You couldn't ask for anything closer. The hotel was clean, neat and would recommend to all. Loved the free use of beach umbrellas, we didn't want to bring one from Chicago. I am planning my next trip to Ocean City and the Beach Walk Hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family