“Location, Location, Location”

Ranked #91 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Location, Location, Location”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I’m reading the bad reviews and I have to say what planet are you from!
This is OC not Hawaii; you’re paying 150 a night not 500!
I’ve been staying at the Majestic for about 30 years.
It’s family run and has been for at least three generations. I’ve stayed at literally dozens of places in OC from condos to the Holiday Inn and they’re all about the same. Some are a little nicer than others, but you pay for the privilege. If you want to spend all of your time in your room go somewhere else OC is not for you! The beach is the best on the East Coast.
I like the Majestic because the location is super! At 7th and Boardwalk you’re far enough away from the Inlet noise yet close enough to all of the action. I know I can walk down to the Purple Moose and hear some live music or walk in the other direction and have a good meal at Phillips. When you come back the Majestic you can sit outside on the deck in a rocking chair just watching the people walk by.
For me after I’ve rocked for a while I usually go to my room and collapse only to awake the next morning to start all over again.
I believe that the Majestic is a bargain probably the best bargain on the Boardwalk.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jack0906

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
central pa
Reviewed 7 April 2012

we stayed here with 2 kids in summer 2011, although the rooms are outdated, the place is in a great location. one good thing about it is you dont need elevator to get to room. we stayed in the first room on the left at the top of the steps, so it was very easy in and out all day long. simple, friendly, outdated with small bathroom, but we are hardly in our room so works for us! prob would stay here again. i like how they make teens wear a wrist band so they know if you are from the hotel or not. good idea to keep others from coming and going in since so close to boardwalk!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank kimike611
Woodstock, Maryland
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We recently stayed in one of the apartments owned by the Majestic Hotel. We were horrified when we walked in. So outdated and creepy. The furniture was quite worn. The mauve carpeting has burn marks on it from cigarettes. Funky smell. The 2 bedrooms were so small that they could barely fit the double beds and dresser. Had to turn off the window A/C at night because it blew right in you face. When it got hot I turned it back on and put the covers over my head. Kitchen was carpeted with some gray fuzzy stuff with contact paper on the walls. Toaster did not automatically pop up so the 1st time we used it our toast got burnt. Some of the forks in the drawer looked like they had not been washed from the last tenant. Refused ot cook anything in the kitchen so ate out every night which defeated the purpose of having an apartment. One bathroom was so dated that we refused to use it. The paint on the vanity was peeling off. Thank got the second bath was updated and was ok to use. Only thing good about this place is the location and the pool was very clean.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank cindycPasadena_MD

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Dillsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights and couldn't wait to get home and shower. The place was old and smelled like rotting food. The room was small and dirty. After the first day of what they considered "cleaning" by the housekeeping staff, I had to go to the front desk and request that the staff actually clean the bathroom. The sink and bathtub were still dirty from use. NOTHING was wipped clean and there was hair in the tub. The only thing they did was give us new towels. I also had to request that they vaccuum the floor. Apparently the obvious sand all over the floor was not enough for them to do it. What hotel at the beach doesn't vaccuum the floor everyday?? Even after these request, I found the same problems the next day!! The only benefit of this place is location. I would never stay there again nor would I ever recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank teresa m
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I mean, let's be honest, if you were looking for the Taj Mahel, you wouldn't be staying in Ocean City, Maryland. If you're looking for a good time though at a nice position on the boardwalk, then you're good to go here. Now, I did not stay in the motel, my fiance and I were actually placed in one of their 3 bedroom apartments. It was clean when we checked in, and it was definitely a good fit for what we wanted. It was easy access to the boardwalk and the beach. Overall, I would definitely go back....the price was great too! One of the lesser expensive hotels on the boardwalk.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank curlycueku
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We just got back from a 3 night stay at the Majestic. The hotel, and especially the room, was clean. The hotel is old, built in 1925, but the A/C was new, the room had been painted/papered recently, carpet appeared to be relatively new. Our room was small, but for just the 2 of us, it was OK. The bed was not the most comfortable. The room had a frig and microwave, the tub had been updated and the shower worked well. There is only one dingy elevator, staff was friendly. The best thing about this hotel is the location, right on the boardwalk, and there is a lovely porch with rockers where you can sit, chat, and peoplewatch, all at a reasonable price. I would stay there again.You might say it could use a facelift, but then it wouldn't look like a hotel from the 20's. As long as it is clean and the staff is helpful, I think it is a reasonable alternative to spending big bucks to stay in other more modern places.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank lilcookie
Burke, Virginia
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We planned a short vacation time in Ocean City, MD with very little advance and we didn't want to spend a lot of money but found the Majestic on line and called for a reservation. (they only accept reservations over the phone) Staff person on the phone was very helpful. We are a family of five (children ages 18, 14, 10) so we stayed at one of their larger rooms that have two double beds and a sofa bed type. The room was very clean and smelled like clean. We knew it only had a small fridge and one bathroom so we were OK with that. Room service was good. It is literally in front of the boardwalk and therefore in front of the beach. It didn't have noisy businesses in front so it was very quiet at night. We loved the front porch with the rocking chairs to just chill out at night. It has a nice parking lot right beside it and if it gets full, they have an additional one two blocks away which is not bad. It also has a small pool.
Majestic doesn't have internet neither a great TV and availability of channels, but I wouldn't plan going to Ocean City MD to watch great TV or check email!
Consider this option if you are thinking of a place to stay, rest at a clean affordable place and retreat from the noise of the city. There will be plenty of things to do in and around Ocean City, MD

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms on the first floow. A little noise from the street