“Majestically in the 1960’s”
Review of Majestic Hotel

and 1 more site!
Majestic Hotel
Ranked #88 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
“Majestically in the 1960’s”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We booked the Majestic Hotel for Friday through Sunday (Memorial Day Weekend)and got more than we expected. We had a first floor room and it was HUGE. We had two double beds with a kitchenette and separate bathroom. Two of the review rumors that I can debunk are that there was NO mold anyplace and everything was very clean especially the bathroom. We also had NO problem getting additional rolls of toilet paper but had to remind the maid one time after they were done. The TV was small as advertised with no movie channels but with CNN and History as well as 5 or more sports channels. The Beds were good not up to date. The whole place looked like it came out of the 1960's but suited our purposes. With a fridge and microwave we had everything we needed. The hotel staff was exceptionally nice and helpful with all of our questions. The pool in the back was heated to 82 degrees and was very clean. The front porch was the gem of this hotel being directly on the boardwalk with the constant sea of humanity flowing by for the watching. The only issue I had with it was that it allowed for smokers which is an issue with a non-smoker. I would recommend that there be a section for those that smoke on the one side that didn’t blow towards those that don’t. Other than that this place is a diamond in the rough and a bargin at the price! Book NOW !

Room Tip: If you don't like walking up stairs, book on the first floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank MuseumGoer01

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Washington DC area
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I've been going to this hotel for years. I originally went for both the location, the wonderful porch with rockers so you can watch the boardwalk show pass by in comfort, and the old fashioned cleanliness and attitude, sort of a no nonsense place with the family members manning the desk. It is still a great place and the rockers make it worth it, but the amenities have certainly been reduced, everything is very low budget, there are no more hair dryers in the bathrooms and it looks like they are getting by with as little expenditure as humanly possible, and still run a hotel. So don't go for luxury, but for the view. and take extra toilet paper. I'm serious, we were fine but our friends ran out and the girl at the desk actually told them she didn't have any more. or couldn't get it at that hour. my friend reacted as anyone might but was also kind of embarrassed by it all and had to walk through the lobby with it after telling the clerk that of COURSE they had more! jeezo flip.

Room Tip: the elevator is slow and creaky so choose a floor you won't mind taking the stairs to reach.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nile,DC
Delmar, Maryland
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We came for only one night, got to our 3 rooms, dropped our things in the rooms and took off. What little time the night we arrived that was spent in the room was simply getting ready quickly to go out, Our kids in the second two rooms did the same. When checking in, my wife and our friend filled out the papers according to the helpful woman behind the counter. Only people she bothered to "register" was my wife and our friend. There was nine of us altogether. At 3 am when my daughter and one of her friends that were staying in the room tried to go up, the night watchman refused one of them entry, saying she was not registered. I tried to resolve the situation by signing her in, and I was told that although he was the night manager, he cannot do that, as the desk was closed. While the man was extremely polite and nice, it was horrid. My daughter had to sort their belongings and drive back home at 4am in order for one of the guests with us to have a place to sleep. (Thankfully we only live 45 min away.)

In the morning, when we awoke, a few of us were suffering from breathing issues. Upon full inspection in bright daylight ALL THREE rooms have quite a bit of black mold everywhere. In the bathrooms, on the drop ceiling tiles (Who puts a drop ceiling in a SHOWER??) It was VERY disgusting. One of the ladies behind the desk was rude, accusatory towards us, and trying her best to make it out that we were in some way lying. The owner/manager refused to sort anything out with us at all. While he was not rude in any manner, he was still not helpful. He even seemed to try to make me think that simply due to the humid nature of the area, all the hotels have these issues. I disagree, and I am sure other operators in the area will quickly say he is full of it.

If you have ANY type of breathing issues, DO NOT STAY HERE!!! You are placing yourself at a health risk. I plan on taking these pictures to the city and county health department.

Room Tip: None in this establishment! Best tip, is to avoid the place totally.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
9 Thank Eric S

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Reviewed 25 August 2012

Omg. This place is a DUMP!!! The front desk people are sooo rude, the rooms might even be worse. The rooms are sooooo dirty and I might have bed bugs. The front door to the hotel doesn't even work, if you need to check in early or even on time, dont count on it. This place is a hole in the wall. I would rather stay on the beach...at least I wouldn't get bed bugs!!! BEWARE!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
6 Thank Winston622
Baltimore
Reviewed 16 August 2012

The hotel workers were friendly, There was good parking behind the building. The room was clean, We didnt like the fact we had no WIFI. But we didnt come to use the internet. Hotel pool was nice, and the front porch is covered with rocking chairs, makes a great spot to sit and enjoy the view.

Room Tip: They put us on the ground floor near front desk, Next time id ask to be further away from the desk.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Patrick R
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I have to say some people on here are BEYOND dramatic. I went for the weekend Aug 3-5 with my boyfriend & 10 month daughter. The people at the front desk were extremely friendly & made me feel right at home. Our room was suprisingly pleasant. It had a queen bed, tv, microwave, & mini fridge. It was rather small but not so small you're knocking into stuff. We even managed to put my daughters little playpen in their so it couldn't be THAT small. The room WAS clean when we got there & so was the bathroom. It did get dirtier through out the stay but it's our own fault for refusing room service. The maids were friendly & did ask if we needed anything yet we always refused. They usually asked when my daughter was asleep ha. The location is awesome, right on the boardwalk. You don't hear any of the boardwalk noise though which is a plus. The pool was a good, small, but nice. I did spend a lot of time in the hotel & my boyfriend always went downstairs to the shop which was very useful. Its a short drive to CVS & Layton's also. The only con I can say is the parking. The lot right behind the hotel is extremely small & even if you do get a parking spot, it's takes a while to actually get out. There is additional parking but you have to cross two roads & it's quite difficult with a child. So if you get parking right behind the hotel i would suggest you don't move it. Overall it was a great trip in a cheap, warm, hotel. Maybe I'm not half as picky as some people but you're at ocean city. I'm suprised you're not complaining about the sand on the beach.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Linsy L
Ohio, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2012 via mobile

My boyfiend and I just stayed here and the location was great! We were right on the boardwalk. The interior and room were a little dated, but, we did have a fridge and microwave which was a nice surprise and did come in handy. The bathroom was clean, but there was a suspicious stain on one of the towels that led me to just use the beach towels we brought with us. BRING YOUR OWN SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER! I made the mistake of assuming tolietries would be provided and the store located below the hotel is very expensive for picking up anything you forgot to pack. There is an ice machine, buts it behind the front desk. They do have coffee in the lobby and the view from the front porch in their rocking chairs is very nice. And come early, parking spots are a gem in the parking lot behind the hotel, otherwise you have to go to their alternate parking lot a street over. The staff was very nice. I was behind an unhappy guest who reamed out the poor woman at the front desk. Once it was my turn the woman was pleasant as could be to me, despite being yelled at seconds ago. She even offered to call me once my room was ready (we were trying to check in early). I probably wouldn't stay again but we did have a pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2012