“Our Vacation Was Ruined!”
Review of Majestic Hotel

Majestic Hotel
Ranked #93 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We have stayed here the last 7 years and all was pretty good, hence our return each year! We will NEVER return after last week!! We arrived on Wed, Sept 11th at 8pm. There was a sign on the door that the "front desk and hotel were closed until Thurs at 9am, to please go directly to the unit you rented. You will find the door unlocked and keys and parking pass on the table" Really? the door unlocked! So we get there and the door was locked because someone had taken our apt! We tried to call the hotel # hoping it had been call fwd, no one answered all 4 times I called. Thank God the 4th floor apt was unlocked, we went there and hoped that no one would come to get in there, the stove's pilot light was out and we could smell gas! We were kept up till 2am by the drunks partying in "our" apt! We went to the ofc at 9am the the girls at the desk immediately told the drunks they had to vacate and move to their apt in another bldg.! I asked about a cut in the price I paid and they said they would ask the owner. I left feeling assured I would get a refund for our troubles. When we went back to get the key to our apt they acted as if I had no reason to expect a partial refund and tole me they couldn't do that. The apt was filthy, had ants in the kitchen and on the love seat in the living room! My bed was broken, there was a lot of noise from other drunks upstairs that kept us awake. The apt smelled musty to the point we bought air fresheners for each room. My mom's clothes smelled after removing them from the dresser. The phone and tv remote were broken. Promises of reprogramming the remote never happened. The porch had sticky stuff spilled all over the floor with cigarettes all over the floor and a burnt joint sitting on the window sill. Most of the plugs did not work. My mom who has dementia, misplaced a key to the apt and they had the audacity to charge me $10 to replace the key! When I said "really? after everything we have been thru you're really going to charge me for a key?" She said very nastily "well you lost the key"! I went to the ofc to see the owner several times and called and left 4 messages in the few days we were there and never have heard from him. I have also emailed the OC Chamber of Commerce about this! We work too hard for our money and really needed this break. Now I need a vacation from my nightmare!

Room Tip: Find another place or sleep on the beach and risk getting arrested!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Jody C

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Best part is the heated clean pool (black mold on lounges). The apartment was antiquated to the max. I cleaned before we settled in. We checked out early due to a bunch of kids rented the apartment above us and stomped around drunk all night. Horrible...horrible...I never wanted to get out of someplace so bad in my life after that happened. AVOID.

Room Tip: Avoid. The owners need to update.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Julie C
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Before we left for OC Bike Fest, I read some of the most recent reviews. I was very nervous thinke ing this would be a total disaster. Although our room was VERY small, it was VERY clean and in pretty good shape for being an older hotel. The front desk people, were all awesome and friendly and did not seem to get tired of granting my husband more ice for our own beverages in our room. There is a convenience store underneath the hotel, but it gets expensive purchasing snacks and sodas/waters etc. The rocking chairs which face the boardwalk and ocean were a great way of meeting new people and socializing. The pool, although very clean and in good repair, did not seem to be "heated" as advertised, but, it was still nice. The elevator for this old building smelled rather funky, but it worked ok. Our cleaning person was very friendly and kept our room nice, clean and fresh smelling. Of course there were odd smells throughout the hotel, but it is an old building, and we have found that some of the older establishments that are oceanfront, can smell a bit odd or musty, so it did not bother us too much. We were on the 3rd floor, and we totally enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cathy H
Reviewed 31 August 2013

i should have read more into this hotel before booking! trust that i will never come back even if my life depended on it. when we checked in at 9pm the room was still not cleaned!! after we talked to the people at thye front desk they acted as if they didnt even care. i demanded that they give us another room cause there was no way that i was going to let my 2 year old sleep on a dirty, sandy bed. The second room we got was Moldy, Smelly, and has electrical issues. We checked online for other rooms locally but none due to the Holiday, so we will be forced to stay but if one more thing goes wrong I will demand a refund and leave! I have never stayed in a hotel that I regretted before and will always check things out more thoroughly in the future!!!!!

Room Tip: dont choose this hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Alicia P
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Our 2nd time here, 3 day stay, great price, nice clean pool and a wonderful front porch to kick back on and watch the people.
The down side was an undersized elevator, not too handicapped accessible and a over crowded parking lot.
The staff at desk were friendly but hard to understand, the room was on 2nd floor, fair size and clean, did not smell bad and air cond was good. All in all we could not complain cause the price was right!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank painter56
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I was very disappointed with our stay at the Majestic. The room smelled like mold and left the smell on all of my bags, clothes, and belongings once we left. The rooms were incredibly dirty, with dirt and debris in the bathroom, behind the bed, and on the windows. There was also a booger left on the wall which was incredibly disgusting. We found a cockroach in the bathroom one evening and there were stains all over the sheets, blankets, and comforters. For what we paid the rooms should not have been that poorly kept. The deck outside seemed like a nice idea but after sitting outside one evening it seems that it has become a smoking deck.The only positive about this hotel is the location. Don't make the same mistake we did, stay somewhere else!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ash D
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Perfect location on the Boardwalk. Nice little hotel. Rooms are not 5 star but they are all around pretty good. TV is very small but who wants to watch tv at the beach. The front porch and rocking chairs are great. Overall it was clean and the staff was nice. I will stay again next year.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family