“Worn from age, but serviceable for a night or two”
Review of Majestic Hotel

Majestic Hotel
Ranked #93 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The Majestic Hotel sounded clean and vintage from its description, website and reviews, and it certainly didn't over deliver.
We stayed here June 28 for one night and were a bit leery when we first arrived. Luckily, though the place is definitely old, worn and vintage, it was at least clean enough to be workable for us.
I figure that when one is paying $250 a night for a room in a hotel, even at the beach, it should at least be CLEAN and comfortable, if not plush.
The housekeeping was adequate upon arrival, with the rugs freshly vacuumed and the bedding clean and usable. The towels were tiny but clean.
Another guest told us that one of the beds in the multi-room suite he had rented for four nights but terrible. For the prices they charge here, they really need to do more basic maintenance and upkeep.
Also, because it is an old place, you hear every noise from rooms above and adjoining rooms and from the hallway. And I mean EVERY noise, if you get my drift. Yuck. :)
Would we stay again?
It would not be my first choice, but for one night again, it is potentially palatable.
One strange thing--- the front desk clerks photocopy the IDs of each guest upon check-in to be sure only registered guests are there. Seems odd to us and I've never experienced this before, anywhere I have traveled.
Not the Ritz.
Not Skid Row.
Somewhere in between.
I wouldn't stay here for more than one or two nights.
Good luck. :)

Room Tip: Not sure there are any tips to share. Just don't overstay your visit. :)
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Todd W

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed here in June for the firemens convention and was a little disappointed in the stay. The water in the bathroom sink just dripped out no pressure, the toilet would not flush, you had to keep trying and it was hot in the room. AC was not big enough to handle the 2 bedroom room. The pool was really nice, also they are starting to let a lot of young kids stay there and there was a lot of cuss words being used. Finallh a cop wnet up in the apartments and calmed them down.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bigdirty1
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We have stayed here the last 7 years and all was pretty good, hence our return each year! We will NEVER return after last week!! We arrived on Wed, Sept 11th at 8pm. There was a sign on the door that the "front desk and hotel were closed until Thurs at 9am, to please go directly to the unit you rented. You will find the door unlocked and keys and parking pass on the table" Really? the door unlocked! So we get there and the door was locked because someone had taken our apt! We tried to call the hotel # hoping it had been call fwd, no one answered all 4 times I called. Thank God the 4th floor apt was unlocked, we went there and hoped that no one would come to get in there, the stove's pilot light was out and we could smell gas! We were kept up till 2am by the drunks partying in "our" apt! We went to the ofc at 9am the the girls at the desk immediately told the drunks they had to vacate and move to their apt in another bldg.! I asked about a cut in the price I paid and they said they would ask the owner. I left feeling assured I would get a refund for our troubles. When we went back to get the key to our apt they acted as if I had no reason to expect a partial refund and tole me they couldn't do that. The apt was filthy, had ants in the kitchen and on the love seat in the living room! My bed was broken, there was a lot of noise from other drunks upstairs that kept us awake. The apt smelled musty to the point we bought air fresheners for each room. My mom's clothes smelled after removing them from the dresser. The phone and tv remote were broken. Promises of reprogramming the remote never happened. The porch had sticky stuff spilled all over the floor with cigarettes all over the floor and a burnt joint sitting on the window sill. Most of the plugs did not work. My mom who has dementia, misplaced a key to the apt and they had the audacity to charge me $10 to replace the key! When I said "really? after everything we have been thru you're really going to charge me for a key?" She said very nastily "well you lost the key"! I went to the ofc to see the owner several times and called and left 4 messages in the few days we were there and never have heard from him. I have also emailed the OC Chamber of Commerce about this! We work too hard for our money and really needed this break. Now I need a vacation from my nightmare!

Room Tip: Find another place or sleep on the beach and risk getting arrested!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Jody C
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Best part is the heated clean pool (black mold on lounges). The apartment was antiquated to the max. I cleaned before we settled in. We checked out early due to a bunch of kids rented the apartment above us and stomped around drunk all night. Horrible...horrible...I never wanted to get out of someplace so bad in my life after that happened. AVOID.

Room Tip: Avoid. The owners need to update.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Julie C
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Before we left for OC Bike Fest, I read some of the most recent reviews. I was very nervous thinke ing this would be a total disaster. Although our room was VERY small, it was VERY clean and in pretty good shape for being an older hotel. The front desk people, were all awesome and friendly and did not seem to get tired of granting my husband more ice for our own beverages in our room. There is a convenience store underneath the hotel, but it gets expensive purchasing snacks and sodas/waters etc. The rocking chairs which face the boardwalk and ocean were a great way of meeting new people and socializing. The pool, although very clean and in good repair, did not seem to be "heated" as advertised, but, it was still nice. The elevator for this old building smelled rather funky, but it worked ok. Our cleaning person was very friendly and kept our room nice, clean and fresh smelling. Of course there were odd smells throughout the hotel, but it is an old building, and we have found that some of the older establishments that are oceanfront, can smell a bit odd or musty, so it did not bother us too much. We were on the 3rd floor, and we totally enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cathy H
Reviewed 31 August 2013

i should have read more into this hotel before booking! trust that i will never come back even if my life depended on it. when we checked in at 9pm the room was still not cleaned!! after we talked to the people at thye front desk they acted as if they didnt even care. i demanded that they give us another room cause there was no way that i was going to let my 2 year old sleep on a dirty, sandy bed. The second room we got was Moldy, Smelly, and has electrical issues. We checked online for other rooms locally but none due to the Holiday, so we will be forced to stay but if one more thing goes wrong I will demand a refund and leave! I have never stayed in a hotel that I regretted before and will always check things out more thoroughly in the future!!!!!

Room Tip: dont choose this hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Alicia P
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Our 2nd time here, 3 day stay, great price, nice clean pool and a wonderful front porch to kick back on and watch the people.
The down side was an undersized elevator, not too handicapped accessible and a over crowded parking lot.
The staff at desk were friendly but hard to understand, the room was on 2nd floor, fair size and clean, did not smell bad and air cond was good. All in all we could not complain cause the price was right!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple