“Yuck, Yuck, Yuck” 1 of 5 bubbles

Jumbo's Seafood
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups, Bar
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Open 11am Daily. We have a full menu specializing in seafood, but featuring steak and pasta too - visit our website to check it out!Kids eat free!!! (Limit 2 kids per an adult entree) Located where Windows on the Bay used to be over OC Health & Racquet Club - turn right at the Seabay Hotel / Coaches Corner on 61st Street & go all the way to the bay.
Hollidaysburg, Pennsylvania
“Yuck, Yuck, Yuck”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2009

If I would have set $100 on fire, I would have at least had the warmth from the fire to show for my money. As it is, the $100 that I spent at Jumbo's was a total waste! Not sure what has happened at this place since all the good reviews, but this was AWFUL!! First, it was about 60 degrees in the bar area and the dining room was dark and colder yet. We sat in the bar. There was only one server for the whole place. There was a bartender who also pitched in. The prices are HIGH, but based on the reviews I read here, I wasn't concerned because I was expecting excellent food. We had a 5:30 reservation and were seated immediately in the cold bar area. Thank goodness that the Alabama/Auburn football game was on so our 12 year old was entertained because we had to wait 45 minutes for bread service and our steamed clams appetizer. Clams were just okay. Not worth the price. Bread service for 3 adults and a starving 12 year old consisted of about a piece an a half of cornbread cut into 1 inch cubes. Noone at our table likes cornbread, so we asked for bread only to be told that they had none. No rolls at a restaurant where the average plate is $20???? This should have been a BIG clue of what was to come.

After another long wait, our meals finally arrived. Gosh, where to start??? It was all so bad that I just don't know where to begin. My crab soup came and it was fine. Nothing to write home about, and I'm from Maryland. I know good crab soup. My mother-in-law's salad was very small. Barely bigger than a side salad. On top she had 6 little crabcakes. The crabcakes were very dry and greasy and had a bad flavor. My husband had the crabcake platter which was 1/2 price this night. The crabcakes were great size and looked very meaty, but, just like the mini-crabcakes on the salad, hey were dry, greasy and had a wierd taste. Our son had the sirloin steak and boardwalk fries. Be warned, the kids only eat free if they make a selection from the kid menu. If your kid is older than 8, it won't be anything they want. He ordered his steak medium. It was well done. His french fries were the color of sweet potato fries because they were fried in old grease. A quick taste of the fries explained the mysterious crabcake flavor. It was old grease. Noone would eat the fries. My husband and son had the corn-on-the-cob. That was just awful. Our fault for ordering corn-on-the-cob in November, but if it's bad, then they should take it off the menu since they had "seasonal" beside it. I had the snow crab legs. The meat was so dull and lacking in flavor that I just couldn't believe it. The butter that was served with the clams was great, but the melted butter with the crabs had zero flavor. It was barely yellow and tasted like oil, not butter. By this point, I was so hungry that I just dumped salt into the "butter" and ate it. Speaking of salt, there was no salt and pepper on the table. Because the service was so terrible, it took forever to get it. Once we got it, we found that the salt was all stuck together and even banging it very hard on the table couldn't break it loose to shake. The crackers served with the soup were stale. Trying to get drinks was next to impossible. My husband complained about the meal and the response we got was that their food is better in the summer season. I've been on Trip Advisor for years and eaten at some of the most incredible restaurants in the country because of the reviews on this site. Never have I had food this bad, accompanied by awful service for such a high price. I'm not a local, but my mother-in-law is. I have no doubt that she will be sure to let others know what a terrible experience we had. It is difficult to find, and now I'm thinking that might be a good thing. This is such a shame because the second floor and floor-to-ceiling windows mean that the views of the sunsets are excellent. Go for the sunset and have a drink. Go somewhere else for your meal!!!

When my husband asked very politely for tartar sauce or cocktail sauce, the waitress asked which he prefered. My husband said he had no preference. She then said, in a very condescending tone, "Well, they are two different things, you know". He told her that he wanted whichever was fastest. He was starving by this point.

4 Thank GeekVeep

baltimore
“Great food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2009

We went to Jumbo's this past Sunday to watch the Ravens game. Arrived almost half hour before they opened, but were warmly greeted by Casey who opened up early for us, got us something to drink and asked if we wanted to order something to eat. The wings and potato skins were excellent, and you can't beat the dollar drafts on Sundays. Christian was a great bartender and lots of fun. Can't wait to go back for crabs. Definitely one of our favorites in OC.

Salisbury, MD
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious & Affordable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2009

Was in Ocean City for a Lacrosse Tournament and actually went two evenings in a row for dinner! It was such a treat to order crabs without having to feel guilty about what we were spending! Those with us also ordered shrimp (great!), chicken sandwich (great!) and burger (great!). Will definitely go back next time we are in OC!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Ocean Pines, MD
“Great food & great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2009

We have dined at Jumbo's several times and we love it! Great food, Great appetizers (especially the poppers) and great service. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good deal and fantastic views of the bay. We will be back!

PA
“Great find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2009

We went to Jumbo's based on the reviews we found on Trip Advisor and were happy we made the trip. As others have said, it is a bit hard to find but worth the littlle bit of effort it takes to find it. Our large group had a variety of appetizers, soups and entrees and everyone cleared their plates. Service was very good. As a bonus, kids eat free! We went on a rainy night, but can't wait to go back next year to dine while enjoying the views of a great sunset over the bay.

• 4 of 5 bubbles