“We love the executive!”
Review of Executive Motel

Executive Motel
Ranked #59 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My friend and I stayed at this wonderful motel for senior beach week. Let me just say that it was amazing! Also, Miss Jeanie was definitely the coolest person we met during our entire week in Ocean City. The only thing we didn't like is that we had to pay for the ice machine. I have never been to a motel or hotel where you had to pay for the ice. It cost .25 to fill the tiny bucket they provide in the room. Which would probably cost $7 to fill our cooler, so we took a bus downtown and bought a big bag for much cheaper. Also we had an issue with our upstairs neighbors (a group of senior boys partying like crazy) sounding like a herd of elephants, but once we mentioned it to the front desk the issue was immediately taken care of. We absolutely loved our stay and it was for a great price! Coming from Fort Whaley campground where our stay was miserable, full of cockroaches and mosquitoes, thunderstorms, and poor front desk service, once arriving at the Executive on the spot we immediately felt the hospitality and warm greetings from Miss Jeanie. We will definitely be booking our reservations here again next time we come back! Also, Vanessa our housekeeper was fantastic as well.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Devon E

Reviewed 7 July 2012

Loved It! Perfect location, clean comfortable rooms,great staff, all 3 shifts! Thanks go out to Miss Jeanie, John, Rob, and Vern. And to our wonderfull housekeeper who understood perfectly not to wake the kids early and had all our anemities covered everyday. Had 2 adjoining rooms on the top floor and could see the ocean. I work for the hotel industry and this place was right for me and my family. Pete M
Col, Ohio

Room Tip: Top Floor gives great views of area, if you dont mind steps.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Pete M
Reviewed 4 July 2012

My family and I have been coming to the executive motel for eight years now. We found it by accident after wanting to extend our stay in OC after staying at a very expensive hotel. We absolutely love this motel and can't say enough good things about it. We come every year for the first two weeks in July. First of all you can't beat the price, for being right across the street from the beach and walking distance to the boardwalk you will not find a better priced motel. Secondly the rooms are super clean and very spacious. Each room has a small fridge and microwave which is convenient for when you Bing your own food and drinks. The staff is exceptionally friendly and very knowledgeable about the surrounding area. Can't say enough about the manager Ms Jeannie she is so sweet and treats everyone like family. If I had to say one thing negative about the executive it would be that the wifi is slow, but I guess being on vacation and having limited access to the internet is not a terrible thing. Overall I highly recommend this place to everyone and will continue to come here for many more years!

Room Tip: 217 has the best view of the beach
Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Melissa R
Reviewed 27 June 2012

No this is not the Hilton but if your a budget traveler this can't be beat. Nice sized rooms very clean and super close to the beach. Actually closer then some oceanfront places down on the south side due to beach being shorter here. Less then three blocks from boardwalk. Jeannie the manager is full of local knowledge and couldn't be nicer. Water and small amusement park right behind motel.
We have budget traveled for years and I can honestly say this is a great value!!

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank puckettg
Reviewed 29 February 2012

For the last few years I have gone to Ocean City the first weekend in June, and every year I have stayed at the Executive. You can't beat their prices- they are easily one of the cheapest places to stay in Ocean City, and the bonus is that it's actually a decent place. Miss Jeannie runs the place and is very friendly and helpful. Although the motel isn't oceanfront, it's only one block away with an easy walk to the beach. Although the place is older, they've kept it up pretty well. I've never had any issues with the rooms. Again, the decor is older and probably outdated, but it's kept very clean and the rooms are actually fairly large. They also include a microwave and small refrigerator. The motel also has a pool- it's not huge, but it is available and looks well-maintained.

The only downside was the noise- it is a motel so there are no enclosed hallways, and you can hear most of what goes on in the parking lot and surrounding area. After the first couple stays I learned my lesson and simply brought earplugs. Problem solved. One other thing to note is that there is only one car allowed per room, and at least when I asked, they were unable to make an exception. They do have parking there, but the lot is fairly small and parking permits are used.

To sum things up, I will definitely be staying here again and highly recommend it for the price and the value.

Room Tip: There are three floors on this property and no elevators. If stairs are an issue, be sure to reques...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank peachkins
Reviewed 11 September 2011

I stayed here back in Late May 2011 with 3 friends. The room was bigger than expected. Staff very friendly, always checking up on use. Location very close to the beach and walking distance from the boardwalk. Very please with the price and would love to stay again.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank Dspike572001
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We stayed here on a last minute trip to OC MD. I am a little sketchy when it comes to beach motels, but I was pleasantly surprised.

This motel is way less expensive than most places at the shore. We were able to get a parking pass and check in early, so when 2pm hit, we just grabbed our key and did not have to do paperwork. It has a small pool. There is free parking, but limited to 1 car only and the parking lot is very tight. They also have free wifi, but the connection was poor.

It is a block from the beach, crossing Baltimore St. It is three blocks north of the boardwalk (where you can pick up a $3 each way per person tram) so this was very convenient. There is an amusement park also a block away and a lot of small bars and restaurants close by.

Other travelers wrote this place was very loud, so we took a room on the 3rd floor (it is a walkup, no elevator). We did not hear a thing at night. The beds were definitely the worst part. Our room had 2 double beds that were very old and caved in on the center. I suggest bringing extra blankets and sheets. The room was clean and well made up with a small fridge but no coffee maker. There were more tv channels than I have at home!!

All in all, a good place. Would likely stay here again.

Room Tip: Go for the third floor, you will have to walk, but it is quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple