“Economical”

Ranked #58 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Economical”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Passing through Ocean City and stopped to see some friends! So, wanted something fairly priced for one night! The rooms were outdated, but clean! The pool was small, but clean as well and served its purpose! Because it was a motel, you couldn't really open your curtains in the room because passers by could look right in! We did have some issues; such as lights not working, the air conditioner didn't seem to cool the room down enough and the refrigerator wasn't plugged in so we had to wait to get it cool enough to hold our beverages! All in all it was a nice motel for its price point and the staff was friendly! I will definitely consider for a future stay!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank xohotmamma

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at the Executive Motel and were VERY pleased with our stay. I think most people would agree, staying at a new hotel when you go on any vacation is a little nerve-wrecking. You can take the virtual tours, read the reviews online, but those don't always add up. Before we even arrived, we called ahead to ask if we could at least get our parking pass even though it was hours before check-in time. The response we got, I could hear the enthusiasm in the womans voice and I wasn't even the one making the call. As soon as we walked in the door, we got a very warm welcome from the lady behind the desk. (I'm sorry I don't remember her name!). She was very nice, very happy. The room we stayed in was better than what we were expecting. Very spacious, very clean, the beds were super comfortable. The only 2 things that we would have to "complain" about would be the pool which was very small, however the beach was literally right across the street so it evened out. And the parking was a little hectic, but even then the management was very helpful in helping us find a spot when the lot was full. I can't speak for my friend, but I'm almost positive that she would agree that we will for sure be returning customers! As a matter of fact I am planning another trip in September and the Executive is my first choice. Thank you so much for making our weekend getaway well worth it!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank KayJay86
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I stayed at the Executive Motel recently and found it to be good for anyone on a budget. It is nothing fancy, but the rooms are clean, and it is just a few blocks from the beach.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank InspireFire
Snow Shoe, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My friend and I stayed at this wonderful motel for senior beach week. Let me just say that it was amazing! Also, Miss Jeanie was definitely the coolest person we met during our entire week in Ocean City. The only thing we didn't like is that we had to pay for the ice machine. I have never been to a motel or hotel where you had to pay for the ice. It cost .25 to fill the tiny bucket they provide in the room. Which would probably cost $7 to fill our cooler, so we took a bus downtown and bought a big bag for much cheaper. Also we had an issue with our upstairs neighbors (a group of senior boys partying like crazy) sounding like a herd of elephants, but once we mentioned it to the front desk the issue was immediately taken care of. We absolutely loved our stay and it was for a great price! Coming from Fort Whaley campground where our stay was miserable, full of cockroaches and mosquitoes, thunderstorms, and poor front desk service, once arriving at the Executive on the spot we immediately felt the hospitality and warm greetings from Miss Jeanie. We will definitely be booking our reservations here again next time we come back! Also, Vanessa our housekeeper was fantastic as well.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Devon E
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Loved It! Perfect location, clean comfortable rooms,great staff, all 3 shifts! Thanks go out to Miss Jeanie, John, Rob, and Vern. And to our wonderfull housekeeper who understood perfectly not to wake the kids early and had all our anemities covered everyday. Had 2 adjoining rooms on the top floor and could see the ocean. I work for the hotel industry and this place was right for me and my family. Pete M
Col, Ohio

Room Tip: Top Floor gives great views of area, if you dont mind steps.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Pete M
Milford, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 4 July 2012

My family and I have been coming to the executive motel for eight years now. We found it by accident after wanting to extend our stay in OC after staying at a very expensive hotel. We absolutely love this motel and can't say enough good things about it. We come every year for the first two weeks in July. First of all you can't beat the price, for being right across the street from the beach and walking distance to the boardwalk you will not find a better priced motel. Secondly the rooms are super clean and very spacious. Each room has a small fridge and microwave which is convenient for when you Bing your own food and drinks. The staff is exceptionally friendly and very knowledgeable about the surrounding area. Can't say enough about the manager Ms Jeannie she is so sweet and treats everyone like family. If I had to say one thing negative about the executive it would be that the wifi is slow, but I guess being on vacation and having limited access to the internet is not a terrible thing. Overall I highly recommend this place to everyone and will continue to come here for many more years!

Room Tip: 217 has the best view of the beach
Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Melissa R
Reviewed 27 June 2012

No this is not the Hilton but if your a budget traveler this can't be beat. Nice sized rooms very clean and super close to the beach. Actually closer then some oceanfront places down on the south side due to beach being shorter here. Less then three blocks from boardwalk. Jeannie the manager is full of local knowledge and couldn't be nicer. Water and small amusement park right behind motel.
We have budget traveled for years and I can honestly say this is a great value!!

• Stayed June 2012