“Great hotel in OC!”

Gateway Hotel & Suites
Ranked #16 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 25 July 2012

My two friends and I are currently staying at Sleep Inn. The room is very clean and the staff (Carol) is excellent. Thanks Carol for directing us to Crab Alley for lunch. We are enjoying our stay and would return to this hotel again. Rooms are nicely furnished, A/C works VERY well, nice balcony, large bathroom, clean beds and mini-fridge. It is a little pricey for my taste but appears to be a good value compared to the prices of other hotels in this area. Boardwalk is just a block away. Hotel offers complimentary breakfast but I haven't tried it yet.

1  Thank CLHUMBLE
There are newer reviews for Gateway Hotel & Suites

Reviewed 18 July 2012

I have had good experiences with Sleep Inn in the past so when I saw there was one in Ocean City, I immediately wanted to stay there instead of one of the typical OC hotels. And the price was really great considering it was the middle of Summer. Plus, it was very close to the boardwalk and most of the attractions. But I was still a little leary, just because it was still Ocean City and you never really know what to expect. However, it was PERFECT. I literally have not a single complaint. We were able to get a great parking spot immediately (in the shade!), the super super nice front desk clerk was able to check us in 3 AND A HALF HOURS early (and! gave us 3 choices of rooms at that), the room was immaculate, beds were super comfy, bathroom was well stocked on towels, the balcony was really nice, free WIFI that actually WORKED, and the pool (even though I didn't use it) appeared to be very clean. My biggest concern with OC hotels is usually the mugginess/dampness in the room but there was none of that here. The breakfast looked amazing (we checked it out but ended up going out to meet some family)- lots of options and the always yummy Belgian waffles! And then we were given a late check out and permission to leave our car for the rest of the day. Every employee we encountered was very nice and helpful. Like I said, not a single complaint (I usually have at least one!). I will definitely be back to this hotel :)

Room Tip: We were given the option of street side or pool side. She did warn us the street side was noisier th...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank laurahK126BN
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Stayed at the hotel from 7/13/2012-7/15/2012. After checking in, noticed that the hallways do NOT have a/c, it was stifling hot. Room seemed ok. Took my youngest daughter to the pool, came back to give her a bath. The water from both the tub faucet and shower head barely dribbled out. It literally took about 45 minutes to fill the tub up 1/2 way!! Next we noticed that the items we put in the mini fridge were still warm, despite being in the fridge for an hour. I went to the front desk to notify them that the fridge was not working. Someone came up about 3hrs later to look at it. The gentleman said that the fridge was not working and would be replaced the next morning.

Saturday morning arrives, and after breakfast my youngest child bumped against the door, before we were able to slide the room key card, the door opened. Thinking I had not shut it tight, I firmly pulled it shut and I bumped against it to see if it would open. It did!! We had slept the entire night in the room with a door that did not lock! Then we noticed the tall lamp in the room which was turned on, started to smoke. I unplugged it right away, and went to the front desk to tell them about the door not locking and the lamp smoking. The youngman at the counter told me to " just put the lamp on the balcony, we'll look at it later". Sometime later that evening the door was fixed, the fridge was plugged back in and we were told "it was fixed" (it wasn't) the issue with the lamp never was never addressed. I noticed that we were just about out of toilet paper and asked a member of house keeping for more, when I was told that it was hotel policy that only one roll is given to each room for a weekend. WHAT?!?!? I had to drive to the store to buy toilet paper. We paid $300 a night, for a room that had a door that didn't lock, dribbling water from the tub, a broken fridge, a smoking lamp, and no toilet paper. Just a horrible and frustrating stay. I will NEVER go back to this hotel!!

5  Thank natalie211
Reviewed 15 July 2012

we happened upon Ocean City return back home and loved it so we had to stay. Sleep Inn was hotel we chose. Hotel is only a few years old so everything was new. one block off beach but excellent value for the area. Family run business so there seem to be an attention to the little things. Beds were excellent. Bathroom was nice and clean.

Glad we stayed

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jay S
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Everything about this hotel especially the location was excellent...Rooms are very clean and spacious... Our stay was wonderful and my kids loved it... We will always stay here when we come back to Ocean City...

Room Tip: Awesome hotel for the price
1  Thank mmf106
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I am currently staying at this hotel. When we checked in it was fast and the staff were friendly. We loved our room. It is very spacious and clean. The beds and even the pillows are comfy. The breakfast if yummy. I was very surpised at what they serve you. The only complaint I have is the parking. The lot is extremely SMALL. You have hardly any room to manuever. I am afraid someone will hit my truck. Other than the parking I have nothing but the best to say for this hotel. If they fix the parking or figure out some way of making the huge trucks park in one area while smaller vehicles park in another area I will be back again next year.

Room Tip: Leave your over sized trucks and cars home!
3  Thank Christina A
Reviewed 27 June 2012

We had multiple rooms for a large group...the rooms were spotless. Not one complaint. We were in the front of the building and I really didn't hear any street noise with the door closed. Breakfast was nice and fresh. A nice change from the expensive eateries in the area.

A special shout out to Carol at the front desk who made our stay exceptional. It's hard to find great customer service in today's world. Carol kept up with our group before we arrived and answered all of our quesitons once we arrived. A true professional and an asset to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends