“very good hotel and best location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gateway Hotel & Suites

and 1 more site!
Gateway Hotel & Suites
Ranked #20 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
“very good hotel and best location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

just stayed with my brother for a night. The hotel was pretty nice and the price was great. Carol has the place running smoothly, she was absolutely amazing and friendly. We had room 309 (epic) it was on the corner and we had a wrap around balcony. The room was nicely kept besides a little tear in the rug in the rooms entrance hallway it was great. One suggestion though... the coffee pot/supplies are in the bathroom. We kind of scratched our head a bit but it was no big deal since we didn't drink any coffee.
The fitness center is far from a gym but the equipment did the trick none the less. I would recommend staying here to anyone. The location,price and customer service really make it a no Brainer. I plan on returning again soon. Thank you.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank beachbum21984
Tekmen, General Manager at Gateway Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear beachbum21984,

Thank you for sharing your experience with travel community. It’s good to know that our hotel was to your liking and you found location to be convenient to all your ventures. We will be looking forward to welcome you to our hotel again!

Nick Tekmen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

I took my mom to see the boardwalk, we stayed one night. The hotel is less than two blocks from the boardwalk and beach, so you can park your car at the hotel and just leave it. The first room we were given was very dirty, but the staff put us in a different room as soon as I requested one. Overall the rugs are not in great shape, and in general the place looked worn, but it is a beach hotel and we were there at the end of the season. The manager told us they will be replacing the rugs this Fall.

Free breakfast is a plus and there was an ample selection of food and beverages including cereals, muffins and make-your-own-waffles.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank gromeo65
Tekmen, General Manager at Gateway Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Dear gromeo65,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and other travelers. I am very sorry to hear that your time with us was anything less than exceptional. Should your travels bring you back to Ocean City, I do hope that you would consider staying with us once again. I am confident that we would be able to provide you a better and more enjoyable experience.

Sincerely
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

My fiance and I decided to travel to Ocean City for a spontaneous trip. Friday was to be one of the last great days to be at the beach for the year and Restaurant Week so it was a win-win. By far, one of the easiest hotels to get to right off the bridge and so close to the main parts of the boards. We were placed in a corner room on the 5th floor where you could see the ocean horizon just sitting on your bed and the bay off of the balcony. The hotel was quiet and perfect for a few days away. Even the bus stopped right outside the front door if you wanted to take a trip down the way and not drive. A lot of the hotels that our balcony overlooked seemed questionable so it was nice to have found the diamond in the rough! Friday was a perfect beach day and the hotel is only a block from the boards so it was easy to go over for a quick minute and come right back. Carol was amazing and even recommended some great places to eat and visit. We met quite a number of people; Nick Tekman, the GM, Don the front desk agent and even a few of the housekeepers. Everyone was really friendly and happy that you were there with them. They kept everything really clean and inviting. Breakfast on Saturday was a typical continental and enough to get you by until lunch time. Many of the shops and restaurants were preparing to clsoe for the season so we got some great deals! The hotel was also getting ready to close for renovations so expect more next year! I would most definitely recommend this hotel for your 2014 Ocean City vacation!

Room Tip: Ask for a 5th floor room if possible. The views are great!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Anonymous0411,
Thank you so much for a wonderful review! We are delighted that your stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites in Ocean City Md was a memorable one. It’s great to know that you found our rooms clean and spacious and that our team made a good impression on you. We will be looking forward to welcome you back in the future!

Sincerely
Oswego, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Checked into this hotel after we left another hotel because it was terrible. I walked in and the lady at the front desk was more than helpful. I told her why I was looking for another room and she gave me the last room they had at a discounted price. She even allowed us to check in right away so we could get ready for the day at their place. She also said we could hit their free breakfast even thou we didn't stay the night before.
When we got up to the room the floors cleaning lady stopped by to make sure the room was clean enough for us and asked if there was anything she could do to make our stay better. She said she takes pride in her floor and it showed. Room was very large, clean, had a balcony, fridge, coffee maker, cable tv, ect...
We really enjoy this hotel and we plan on going again!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Tekmen, General Manager at Gateway Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear NYtravler49!
It is a great pleasure to read your review and to know that our commitment to deliver exceptional service made a positive impact on your stay. Carol is a great addition to our team and I want to assure you that we will recognize her effort for making your stay a memorable one.
I hope that on your next trip to Ocean City we will get a chance to welcome you back!
Kind Regards,
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

My original reservations did not pan out. I needed another hotel to stay for the weekend. The front desk was friendly and professional. They could tell I was not having a good day but keep the conversation light. The room rate was good so I checked in. The staff greeted me on the way in and out. That made me feel good because I was a single woman running around in OC. Knowing the staff was keeping track of its guests whereabouts made me feel good.

The hotel itself is clean. Some rooms do not have a microwave but they are roomy. The closet can hold 3 large luggage bags. The deli shop in the hotel serves a free breakfast. Waffles, eggs, toast, apple on, cereal, etc. The pool is small so first come first get a spot. The parking lot is narrow so long or large SUVs will have a tough time. Located 1 block from Division street directly near the best Gyros and Funnel cakes on the boardwalk.

I will stay at the hotel next year. I would go back this weekend if I could afford it.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank treki999
Tekmen, General Manager at Gateway Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
Dear treki999
Thank you so much for sharing your experience on your recent stay at the Sleep Inn& Suites. It’s great to know that hotel location was suitable to your needs. I am happy to hear that our commitments to provide our guests with clean room and exceptional service created a good stay for you . Your comments in regards to the microvaves shows that this is an area that needs to be improved and I would like to thank you for bringing it to our attention. We will make sure to take a closer look into this matter.
I hope that we will get another chance to welcome you back in the future.
Edgewater, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

It had been 13 years since my wife and I had been to OC. Just decided to go and were able to get a reservation at The Sleep Inn and Suites. What a wonderful treat. Carol gave us a top floor room with a beautiful view of the ocean. The room was very clean and in excellent condition. Breakfast couldn't have been better. Had one little problem with the water but Nick the owner took care of the problem and made a personal trip to our room to assure us everythin was OK. Many thanks for a grat time and we will return.

4 Thank Jim P
Tekmen, General Manager at Gateway Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear Jim P!
We are so excited that on your recent trip to Ocean City you were able to stay at our property and thoroughly enjoyed your stay at our hotel. The team at the Sleep Inn & Suites work very hard to provide our guests with exceptional service I am glad that you were able to experience some of their warm smiles and willingness to assist.

We look forward for the opportunity to welcome you back to our property and provide you with another exceptional stay!

Takoma Park, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a quick weekend getaway and loved it! We reserved a room on the 5th floor with a private balcony. Although quite small, the view from the balcony, 509 was fantastic as we could easily see the ocean. Carol at the front desk was great, and the breakfast buffet was more than adequate. Being mere steps from the boardwalk was great. We will be back for sure!

Room Tip: Ask for 509!
1 Thank Stephen T
Dear SteveTDC!
I would first like to thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on your recent stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites. We greatly value each guest’s impression of our property. It’s good to know that the hotel staff was helpful and friendly - great customer service is what we strive for here at the hotel and I am happy that we were able to reach this goal during your stay.
I hope to get a chance to welcome you back in the near future.