“Love it. Will stay here again.”

Gateway Hotel & Suites
Ranked #17 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Philadelphia, PA
“Love it. Will stay here again.”
Reviewed 8 September 2009

This place is only half block away from boardwalk. Its very convenient. tons of parking space, free wireless internet (lobby), free breakfast. it says that there is a wireless internet in the room. this is not true. you have to ask for ethernet cable from the front desk. I was on the 5th floor. great ocean view with cute balcony. only one thing about this place that I don't like is the pool. it's very very small and it looks dirty. I dont need the pool anyway when I can be laying on the clean beach and swim in the ocean. I will definitely stay at this place again. I was going to stay at the local hotel but I am glad I didn't. People I talked to said that it's dirty and they don't really maintain the place well.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank summerocean4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Washington, DC
Reviewed 16 August 2009

This place was great. I have never been to Ocean City and was having a difficult time finding a place with good reviews in our price range. I took a risk with this one because I didn't find many reviews on any sites...and it turns out it was because it was brand new (according to the previous review)! I agree with the previous reviewer, it appeared that many of the older moderately priced hotels were not well-maintained.

The rooms were great, front desk was very nice, and continental breakfast was good. Great mattresses, patios, and tubs. It was the perfect distance from the beach ( a block away). I heard staying on the boardwalk was too loud.

I was a little bothered that they had wireless internet listed in their room guide...but actually had ethernet cables (I guess they had it at first, then discontinued the service, maybe they are just transitioning). However, we spent so much time at beach it didn't matter at all.

We were so happy! We will definitely will stay here on our next trip to Ocean City.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ilovemiami7
USA
Reviewed 11 August 2009

I had a very bad experience with another hotel in OC and had to leave the place secondary to the poor conditions. So I found this place. It had only been open a few weeks when I stayed. It's new, so it should be very clean, and it is. The room was decent sized, with a nice TV and a very impressive bathroom. The pool was nice too. The staff there were very friendly, as they are obviously trying to establish a good name for themselves in the town. To me, cleanliness is the most important thing in a hotel, and this place impressed me. It seems that some of Ocean City's hotels are not keeping their facilities up to speed with their age, so it's nice to have a modern hotel option there. The only downside was that you have to cross a very busy street to get to the boardwalk/beach. With my small kids, that wasn't entirely easy as the town is not the most pedestrian-friendly. But the hotel's quality more than made up for that inconvenience.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Comfort Suites Ocean City
Comfort Suites Ocean City
#47 of 103 in Ocean City
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City

Been to Gateway Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Gateway Hotel & Suites

Property: Gateway Hotel & Suites
Address: 11 N Baltimore Ave, Ocean City, MD 21842-4016 (Formerly Sleep Inn & Suites)
Region: United States > Maryland > Ocean City
Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#6 Romantic Hotel in Ocean City
#9 Family Hotel in Ocean City
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2 star — Gateway Hotel & Suites 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Gateway Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sleep Hotel Ocean City