“Great for the kids”

Dead Freddies Island Grill
Ranked #26 of 417 Restaurants in Ocean City
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Dead Freddies Island Grill is at 64th Street on the bayside. We have a delicious menu selection and a separate kids play area with a pirate ship for families. Great live music and a bayfront view makes for a relaxing stay. We also have an amazing outdoor deck to enjoy OC sunsets on the bay.
“Great for the kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

First, we sat outside, awesome, waitress, very nice and helpful, crab dip and the bread was to die for, The young lady that was with us played in the sand most of dinner and she had a great time.Now I had a drink, small in a plastic cup, $9.00,, thought my eyes would pop out of my head,
Then the crab dip $17.00 omg, we were laughing actually, a Shirley Temple drink $5.00. The food was very good but a little expensive . Restaurant and surroundings very clean and very nice inside. Although I paid way too much for the crab dip it was awesome.

1 Thank Carol K

“Great atmosphere for kids but overpriced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My kids (under 5 yrs old) loved this place. It has a pirate theme. They each got a free foam sword and eye patch after dinner. The food was good but nothing memorable. Drink specials for mom and dad were tasty but expensive (~$9 each), as to be expected. They have a Shirley Temple-like drink called the Shark Attack for kids, which comes with a toy shark attacking the straw. Cute but $10 for two kid drinks is crazy. Total for four of us was over $100 before the tip. There is an outdoor play area with a pirate ship. We didn't get to partake because it was cold and rainy, but my kids would have really enjoyed it. The service was great. We were seated right away, tended to often and the food came out quickly. The bathroom for men is denoted with a banana and for the women, two coconuts. Overall we had a nice time. We would come again just because our kids enjoyed it.

1 Thank Czar4
New Providence, Pennsylvania
“Pretty Good, I would go back again!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had drinks & appetizers. Food was good! Drinks were a little weal. Overall good experience. Love the outside seating.

“Could have been better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My friends kept telling me I had to go to Dead Freddie's ad eat. They said that it was the perfect place to eat with out breaking the bank in Ocean City Maryland. Well we did not have that great of an experience. Us and another couple went there to eat over this past cruiser weekend. Even though it was still early in the season we figured that they would be open and ready to serve. Well we got there to find the parking lot full but no one inside really. We heard one couple complaining but we still went inside and ate. Well it was a disaster and that is all I can say. The only seating was in the Bar area and only part of the menu was available. The worst part was the service, our waiter acted as if he did not want to be there, our food was cold and the steak, all four of them were tough as leather and poorly seasoned. We will go back and try it over the summer as there is no way a place that came so highly recommended was so bad. We are hoping that it was just early in the season and they were still getting ready. My thoughts are this, if you are going to open then make sure you give the customer the best experience possible. It would not have mattered to me if there was only one table and I had to wait as long as the experience was a good one.

Baltimore
“Great atmosphere, location and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Lots of different rooms to choose from, an outside sandy beach area right on the bay, people dancing having a good time. The servers are all new so they were confused on our orders at times but this will get better as the season gets underway. We had a great time, but spent a lot of moola! lol.

Visited May 2014