“Sub-par food, horrible service”
Review of Crazy 8's - CLOSED

Crazy 8's
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Best lunch spot in Ocean City, Maryland! For 2014 we also have one of the best breakfasts in Ocean City with a wide variety of breakfast burritos, wraps, and sandwiches! We feature Boar's Head Deli Meats and the best Salads, Soups, Wraps, and Panini's you will find on the shore! Don't forget WE CATER!! If you have an office, holiday, or football party and you need Wraps, Panini's, or Salads we have you covered! We can customize the menu to exactly what you want and can handle any size function.
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We went to Crazy 8's for lunch based off of reviews from this site. The drinks were good to start, but the meal only went downhill from there. I am a 10 year food service worker from fast food to home town mom and pop diner to fine dining all over the US and was severely disappointed by this restaurant based on its 3rd ranking on this site for Ocean City, MD. Immediately walking in you could see that this once mom and pop sort of venue has gotten a little, shall we say, 'hollisteresque'. It is connected to a higher end surf shop, and the majority of the waitresses are of the blonde, tan, modelesque, whatever, but they were all very rudely staring down their noses and not wholesome or nice. The mixed fruit lemonades that all 3 of us got at the table were delicious, of good size for a small at 3.99, and refreshing in the heat. BUT, then we ordered the 1/2 and 1/2 soup/salad/panini and we all ordered the same soup which a few minutes after ordering the waitress returned saying there were only 2 soups left so one of us switched. Then, she comes back and says, oh oops only one portion. So we had to completely switch our order to accommodate. This is something that we make sure NEVER happens at the restaurant which I help my best friend run, we simply DO NOT run out. It was particularly rude that the waitress decided to stand over us and stare us down while we were trying to reconfigure our order, if it weren't for the people I was with, I simply would have paid for my drink and taken my business elsewhere, which I have unashamedly done before. As someone who prides themselves on supporting local businesses this time I would have rather gone to Panera Bread. After our reconfigured order was placed, the slight requests we did make were no bacon on a wrap and no tomatoes on a salad, which they both did not follow. Also my panini was poorly dressed, there was not even a slight taste of the dijonaise which was supposed to be on it. We then paid about 40 dollars for this subpar incorrect meal, which like i said could have been better done by any packed Panera for $30. Needless to say we will not be back.

3  Thank anhuff
thisiscrazy8s, Owner at Crazy 8's, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

I will first of all apologize for running out of the soup of your choice and for the mistake on your order. We strive for perfection everyday but sometimes unfortunately fall short. If we let you down when you come into Crazy 8s I will personally do everything in my power to fix the issue. The mistakes with your order (other than the soup) were never voiced to our staff so therefore impossible to fix. We change our soups out regularly in an effort to provide as many options as possible and sometimes we run out of something a customer wants.

We are literally the definition of a mom and pop place. My wife and I work really hard to make this place great. If this customer is such an adamant supporter of small "mom and pop" businesses such as ours then they would know how hard we have to work day in and day out, and hard the great staff here works to take care of each and every customer that walks through the door. This customer would also have asked to speak to a manager or the owner if she felt we had treated her as poorly as she claims we did. They would also know that it is impossible for a single small establishment to be able to compete with the prices of a huge national chain restaurant and it's very unfair to make that comparison.

I DO NOT under any circumstances appreciate the negative comments that were made about my business being "hollisteresque", or the unnecessary slander and stereotypical comments aimed at my staff. We are fortunate to have a terrific staff of girls who do a fantastic job on a daily basis. I'm not sure what sort of satisfaction this person receives by slinging insults at teenage girls but it is not acceptable. I am proud of the job these girls do on a daily basis and for anyone reading this customers review or my response, I assure you that you will find a group of people working as hard as they can to provide the best and friendliest service possible.

There are newer reviews for Crazy 8's

Reviewed 22 June 2014

This place is literally the greatest eatery I have ever been too. The food cannot be topped...I'd rather eat here than a 5 star restaurant. If I lived in OCMD, I would eat here LITERALLY every single day. Amazing

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I have yet to eat anything here but I hear nothing but good things about it. My cousin told me how good their watermelon-apple iced tea is so I stopped in and ordered a large one. DELICIOUS. What a great combination of flavors and it even had tiny bits of watermelon in it. This place is a must if in OCMD! FYI I believe they will sell this in bulk, as my cousin tried to order 2 gallons of it but they were short on watermelon or something. :)

1  Thank bobenny6
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Second time eating at Crazy 8's and we were not disappointed. My sister ordered the lobster bisque. We all tried it. It was delicious! Flavored lemonades are very good too! A definite must stop whenever we are in OCMD!

3  Thank Cindy0425
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We ate here three times during this trip to OC. It's that good.. I ordered a different wrap each time, and each time it was delicious. My girl ordered a panini each time and loved each one of them. The servers are very attentive and friendly, there is outdoor seating with a bay view, and you can't beat the food for lunch. Basically all the meals are around 10$. You might spend $30 for two people with drinks, sides, and tip.

4  Thank Eric D