“ABSOLUTE WORST PLACE I'VE EVER STAYED IN!!!!!!!!!!!”
Review of White Marlin Inn

White Marlin Inn
Ranked #14 of 18 Ocean City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Here is a list of everything about this place I made while staying there:
Unclean floors, dirty walls, food under bed, dirty floor boards, stained lamp shades, hair in drawer and shower wall. Very dirty window sill, Lamp switch broken, plugs fall out of outlets, one outlet has a short and we got shocked, exposed electrical outlet (illegal) side of heater exposed (illegal) fridge doesn't stay on and is rusty and our food spolied, gap under door and bugs crawled in,
Bathroom: step into shower is not glued down and I stepped on it and almost fell,
Pictures on website looked nothing like it does (ex: tile
Floors and table and chairs)
Maid service: stayed 4nights and signed a contract to pay for maid service, we requested it and all they did was come and change one garbage can and left 2 towels. We had to get our own toilet paper and Towels 2 times and they didn't make beds or change the sheets. We had to change our own bathroom garbage. Also, maid put our garbage in the bathroom by the shower. Bathroom towels fall apart too and are tiny and mirror was rusty Lastly, manager was extremely rude to us and tried to charge more then required on a credit card. This place needs to be reported

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank MandyLee656

Reviewed 7 June 2012

Arrived at 2:52 and front desk refused to make a check in because check in is at 3:00 not before that in 8min, waiting outside to be 3:00 to do the check in.
Stayed for 2 nights, NEVER had room service, not one night....had to ask for towels! Not clean at all! We spent $100/night. Manager was unhelpful at all, The room was very dirty, the bathroom was disgusting, the shower was filled with black mold.
Don't even consider this place.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ana a
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We booked a room for the weekend and it was the worse place we have ever stayed. The room was extremely small, the refrigerator was not working, the room had a bad smell. It was nothing what the pictures of the place were showing online. On top of that we had to give a security deposit to get our room key and the tv control remote.

I really recommend you to skip this place if you ever go to OC. Not really worth it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sam C
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We booked a room for memorial day weekend. The first night I was bitten five times on my arm, once on my neck, and once on my back while I was sleeping. The bites were so bad that puss was coming out of them. The next morning I went to the front office to inform the manager what happened. The manager didn't take recognition and accused me of trying to get a refund. She told me that she personally goes around to each room to check for bed bugs on a daily basis. At the end of our discussion she started yelling and cursing at me telling me to get off her property and harassed me all the way to my car. On top of that there weren't any towels or trash can in the extremely small bathroom, the refrigerator was broken and the place smelled terrible. It was the worst experience and ruined my vacation. Please do not give this motel any sort of business.

Room Tip: Do not pick any rooms
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Rit88
Reviewed 28 May 2012

This resort does not honor reservations. I was left room less despite having a reservation and confirmation number thru OC central reservations. worse yet, I was left room less with my 5 year old daughter. Yes, confirmed reservation....denied...said they were all booked up and would do nothing for us. I'm not trash, I was probably going to be some of their better clientele. Even worse yet, they refused to find accommodations for us claiming they found a room elsewhere but it was too expensive and they refused to pay for it. I asked to speak to mgr who was speaking to male clerk on the phone as my daughter and I stood right in front of him at the desk. She refused to speak with me, actually heard her say, "I'm off duty". Then she and the clerk laughed...essentially mocking me to my face. I sent immediate email to central reservations. Called Hotwire who booked me in a room down the street over $200 more than I paid for my original confirmed reservation. Central reservations called my cell 1.5 hours later, very concerned we were stranded and disgusted by the actions of the Sun Tan Motel...who according to central reservations, now amazingly had a room available for us. Sun Tan, not sure if you discriminated against my daughter or me and why, but it is going to be a very costly fix for you.
This place doesn't deserve to stay in business if this is how they treat customers and honor contracted reservations. Don't even consider this place.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank sevenangels
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We booked this room for two nights while in Ocean City for a wedding. Unfortunately when we got there the room we were given and the room we received photos of in our confirmation email were nothing alike! The room was small, and dirty, the television did not work, and previous guests had carved their names into the back of the door. When we complained to management, we were told there were no refunds and we were given two different rooms to choose from. We chose the "lesser of two evils" and still ended up with a disgusting room. The refrigerator was literally corroding away at the bottom, the room constantly smelled musty, the bedspread had a hole in it, the bathroom was small and barely useable, and I'm no expert, but I'm sure there was black mold along the walls. Needless to say we will never give any more money to the dirtbags who own this dump. Any reputable place would have at least offered some kind of discount or refund to a displeased guest. This place was the worst!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank AmandaR1982
Reviewed 17 September 2011

I dont need to be a lier or said something that is not true.I didnt foundntowells or toilette paper wen I ask for those items a guy bring a old rest of other room and no towells they charge me $315 the night for 2babies and my husband.The air conditioning is a window unit the whole time there I was turning on and off the unit,my kids was crying the place is too dark,my husband put togueter the beds and guess what?there was a shoes somebody forgat their shoes and also the bed frme showing bites I dont know if was rats bites or the unit was too old.I always take with me beds sheets since I have the babies but again the place is really bad.I never see a housekeeper there they are taking advance of people $315 is too much for a s....of room.I was a walk in but is no reaso to abuse of people.I dont recomended this place.I already m&ke my calls to the lisence of this place.Not body deserve this.

• Stayed: August 2011