“good location, terrible hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of White Marlin Inn

White Marlin Inn
Ranked #14 of 18 Ocean City B&B and Inns
Pasadena, Maryland
“good location, terrible hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

The room was dirty, the bed had no top sheet, the 2 thin towels were the size of hand towels, (they smelled stale) the hot water was off for awhile, no maid service at all the second day - we had to go to the office to get fresh towels, the tiniest bar of soap you will ever see, thin walls, a cheap door lock- we propped a chair up against it at night. ...I can't say enough about how awful this hotel is!!!

Room Tip: go somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank skygoddess333

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Helpful staff and wonderful location with great rates. The room is small but you get what you pay for . Despite other reviews my room was clean and had no troubles. I plan on going again because it was very reasonable and tidey.

• Stayed August 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

This has to be the WORST experience I've had at a motel. From the moment I entered the office I knew I was going to have issues. "Buzz" (he wouldn't give me his real name) the young man "working" the front desk was not only rude to patrons but he wasn't very good at his job. Patron after patron had to remind him that they hadn't received their keys or remote (yes they give you your TV remote at the desk). After checking into the room we went to find it. We opened the door and saw a small room (what you'd expect for $50) this was ok but was wasn't ok was the GIANT BALL OF HAIR on the pillows. Upon further inspection there was sand in both the beds (obviously they DON'T CHANGE THE SHEETS!!!) After letting the management know they offered us a room that was "just cleaned" NO! IT WAS NOT! HAIR ON THE PILLOW AGAIN! The general manager Beth did offer us a refund but mentioned that her staff was not "the best." TERRIBLE.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 123ALEXD

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

I know the only reason people book this hotel is for the pice. Believe me when I tell you it is not worth it. This place is repulsive and I did not want my children to be exposed to a heath hazord like this hotel. I usually try to find at least one good thing to write about but believe me when I tell you, this hotel had none. The management was unwilling to help and very rude. Please spend a bit more money and stay someplace else.

Room Tip: I have no tips besides choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Christina L
Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

This hotel was a disaster! So bad we chose to sit outside til 3am and only spend 3 hrs in the room and checked out asap in the morning. Room was cramped and filthy. I work at a hotel and was appalled at the discusting rm. Keys barely opened the door, trash under the beds, damp rid bag hanging from discusting a/c, bathrm was so dirty we were scared to even use it and towels that were in rm were dirty and stained. Staff was rude and just didn't care about anything we said. We slept on top of the blankets in our clothes! Should be shut down! Don't stay here!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank julz32
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Where should I start? The most vile and disgusting place ever! The staff is beyond rude. The man behind the front desk asked me if what i needed (which was to check in) would take long. He also had horrible body odor. The office reeked of feces. The room is the size of a walk in closet. Every inch of the room was filthy. The room had a horrific smell and was very damp. There was a clump of hair in the shower an all of the towels were stained. (There were 2 towels). There was pubic hair in the beds and the comforters were stinky and dirty. There was garbage under the bed. No remote for the tv. You could barely get the door open. We were afraid to sleep there it was so bad. No one showered or even brushed their teeth in the nasty bathroom. We left as soon as the sun came up, sleeping on the beach is a much healthier option! Not one guest that we met was pleased with the motel, everyone was leaving first thing in the am. Please please please investigate this motel! It is a health hazard and needs bulldozed down.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Lailaloo816
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

My husband and I booked this hotel for two night on July 4th weekend (July 5-7, 2012), we were told on the phone when we booked the hotel that our total price for two night on a holiday weekend was going to be around $143.00. We were amazed that it was that low (their Internet price was much higher), after my husband asked several times if the price was correct we booked the hotel. When we finally arrived to check in the front desk person told us our price for two nights was $410.00!!! We were shocked! We told him this is not the correct price we were told over the phone and we would not sign for this price. Meanwhile a few days before our credit card was charged $71.50 for which their website says is the first nights stay. We were expecting to pay the remaining amount for the second night. After talking to the front desk we ended up only signing for the amount they already charged us and instructed to speak to the manager tomorrow about staying the second night. As my husband was on a deep sea fishing trip I had to be the one to speak to the manager... she was the rudest person I've EVER met!! Basically told me the price we were originally told over the phone was wrong and the correct price was $200 something a night and I'd just have to pay it! I explained that this is not what we were told and should have to pay for your mistake. She wouldn't except that and I told her that we would not be staying a second night! When I officially checked out the managed was in an argument with another customer and it escalated to the point where she was calling the cops. Her exact words to a customer were "You need to shut your mouth and leave my building, this conversation is over!" Who speaks that way to a customer?? Again when I spoke to her she was very rude and I just had to leave.
The next day my husband called to take care of the situation and she was very rude to him on the phone... we told her she had no right to charge our card without our permission and without us signing for anything. She ended up hanging up on us as we were about to tell her that we will be disputing this charge with our credit card company.
Not to mention the hotel was not anywhere what we expected!!!!! I don't know how they think they can even charge $200+ for their rooms! DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family