“Nice clean room”
Review of White Marlin Inn

White Marlin Inn
Ranked #14 of 18 Ocean City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed for one night last week (Wednesday). I think this was my 4th or 5th stay at this motel. It meets my needs perfectly as I am not looking for anything fancy. I just want a basic clean inexpensive room to take a shower and sleep. I live in the Annapolis area so when I go to the ocean I head straight to the beach, stay there all day and then go get a room for the night. I checked in after 4pm when I left the beach. The young man was very polite, took my key deposit and gave me the pass for my car. I was in room 45 and found it to be very clean and appeared to have been updated since my stay last year; Fresh paint and I think newer carpet as well. The bathroom was clean, AC worked well and TV. I only stayed in the room long enough to shower and change before going out and then to sleep. I checked out early the next morning so that I could grab breakfast and then hit the beach for the day. I turned my key in and got my deposit back. I'll be back in a couple weeks to stay again with my sister.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank taziFT

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Couldn't check in till 4 right when the manager leaves so she doesn't have to deal with the complaints. She leaves kids to deal with customers. Though I could barely fit in the room I found mold, a dehumidifier, bugs, a used razor on our towels, a used a tip and oh yeah a nose ring. Checked right out. DO NOT STAY

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank jenn77777
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Upon arrival to this motel check in was pleasant but that was the first and last pleasant experience. The first room they gave me had a bad breaker and the power went out ever 5 minutes. Then they moved us to another room which was even small, something I didn't think was possible. The second room on day two had the cable go out on us, in a 2day period I had to go to the front office 4 times just to have normal accommodations met. Neither of the rooms looked like they had been cleaned or vacuumed adequately, the room was in such bad snap that the toilet wasn't even fastened down tightly. The next day we left the motel and returned at 5pm to find that not only was our room not cleaned, we didn't receive any new towels, and they had clearly come into our room to take out the trash but left everything else untouched. When we went to check out I asked to receive my $20 key deposit after returning their keys to them and they told me they had to mail it because they had no money. All because they had a little sign tucked up under the counter that said in order to receive it the same day you had to check out with in a 2hr window. This was the worst place I have ever stayed and would never suggest it to anyone else.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chuck v
Suntan M, Manager at White Marlin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

The Suntan Motel is older style Motel and we are not responsible for any cable issues that may occur nor can we be responsible for any breakers that may get blown due to some of our guests bringing in their own electronic devices such as microwaves, grills etc... We have done our best to check out any electrical breaker problems with our electric company. The guest never complained at anytime during their stay about the cleanliness of our rooms. On our website it states Housekeeping refresh towels and take out your trash if you would want a sheet change you would have to notify us and that would be taken care of as well as a bed may not get made if their are personal belongings on any part of the bed for safety reasons. We take all complaints serious and will do our best to make guest comfortable as long as we are notified of any issues with the rooms. We are doing a lot of updating to our rooms to make them look better than before. All of our key deposits are locked up until check out time the next day if a guest checks out earlier than that would then get it mailed back to them. We have sign posted on the desk for the time frame which would be anytime after 9 am. I do apologize for any inconvenience they made have had.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I came in from Pennsylvania first if all this ways suppose to be a family trip all my family was suppose to stay in this motel and turn out they canceled the rest of my family's room except mine and the manager was so rude ! the rooms are disgusting! we couldn't have to many things plugged in at once because the power would go out like what in the world is that ! I really don't reccommend this motel I really wish it would go down because not just the motel it's self is bad but the manager is rude she was cursing at these two guys when I was checking out . she was rude to my family . & for how much we paid honestly I rather sleep in my car instead of sleeping in that motel again . DO NOT STAY THERE !

• Stayed: July 2014

I do apologize for any inconvenience this guest may have through because the guest family did not want to stay more than two nights but we do have minimums set for event and holiday weekends. The guests rooms were not cancelled by mistake, they had only one room booked and there was a three night minimum, we also tried calling guests to let them know we had a 3 night min.set. They were trying to only book two nights it was holiday weekend and we did have a 3 night min. So unless you book three nights your reservation was not valid. We have policies to go by. We cannot make exceptions on holiday weekends.I did not get rude with them or mean just because I did not grant their request they pegged me as being rude to them and his family. I was not at all rude them just had to explain several times due to language barrier. We did not charge them except for the room they stayed in nor were we told about any problems with their room. I do take offense to them saying I had cursed people when they were the only ones in the office at the time with me. I do not appreciate them saying things that are not true.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Lets get started with this mess of a motel.

1) we came in from Pennsylvania for a 4 day stay in what we thought was... an average motel the manager was a COMPLETE jerk to all 7 of us. We had to wait til 4 cause there is no early check-in after we had got our room, and as they advertised "2 bedroom motel" we were nothing less then shocked, we had walked into a room and it went like this the pull out couch had not been touched or hell even looked like it came from the street. there were bugs smashed against the ceiling and cabinets our beds had what looked like dirt caked onto the sheets. The floors were slippery and slimey.

2) we have been just coming here for our 8 hours of sleep so it honestly wouldnt ruin our time. Day 2 we all took showers in the morning noticing the tub was plugged up. so we went to the front desk and told the manager about it who called the maintenance boy over.... yes... boy... he looked as if he needed community service ours for his probation and may have just started his journey into the teen years of his life.

this has been our mess of a journey so far and what is the worst part.... even the front desk guy AND I QOUTE "this motel is ran by the same people at the 2 hotels across the road... and yeah... its a piece of crap"

so take this as u will but this has been our journey so far

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank AT M

Reponse to this complaint is that not all facts are written. The guest fail to say that try to check in early before the check-in time which was 4 pm as it states on our website and in our confirmation letters. The guest was not here it was actually her daughter trying to check-in on her mother's credit card which we do not allow and guest are notify of this policy. We require credit card holder present with id and credit card at check-in. No exceptions to this rule. The guest who booked room was nowhere close so I explain to her that if her daughter could pay remaining balance we could let her check-in. Once that was done they complained about not being able to have two parking passes. That night complained about sheets not being cleaned as in all our sheets are sent and processed and checked for any stains and go right into the rooms from the laundry bin. So to make them happy I had my night clerk go and fix sheets and re wipe floor and cabinets in which he did not see anything wrong with room. The next day they notified us of slow draining tub, I sent maintenance twice on different days to take a look at tub and they refused to let him in. So im not sure how we could fix a problem if guest refuse to let us in to check. I also explain to the guests the same thing but she did not want to here it.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

my hubby and I have stayed here for the last 4yrs for cruisin weekend and had a nice clean tidy room every time. we are going again next month. staff was very friendly and informative. location is great and prices are reasonable for the size of rooms. WILL stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shawn B

Thanks for the long support in making updates to an older motel property. As we are still in the middle of updating we are happy in the direction we are going. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

If your looking for a dirty damp outdated room this is the place for you otherwise please stay away I'm aware this is a motel but I still expected it to be clean and inviting. The linens didn't smell fresh the towel rack was molded and the floors were filthy. I refused to even enter the shower it was something straight out of an old high school gym shower room.

• Stayed: August 2013