“We'll Never Go Any Place Else!”

Lambros and Hampton House Hotel Apartments
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocean City
Lambros and Hampton House Hotel Apartments
Ranked #11 of 18 Ocean City B&B and Inns
Chicago Heights, Illinois
“We'll Never Go Any Place Else!”
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We came down last minute and stopped into this cute place on the boardwalk.
So glad we did!
They were so accomodating. My husband and I relaxed and enjoyed this special place. The hospitality was overwhelming. We'll never go any place else. What memories his place is filled with. Charming place to stay.
Lambros and Hampton House keep up the good work!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank abbyresener

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Our family has been having reunions here every summer for many years. We normally rent about three or four apartments for the week, which can easily fit our large family of twenty five. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. We had two rooms in the white building and two in the main house. The rooms were comfortable and spacious and were all decorated with that personal touch.
Our family has many kids so it was great to relax on the beach and watch them play. Since the hotel is so close to the beach, we could come back and eat lunch instead of bringing all of our food onto the beach.
There are so many acivities within walking distance so that each individual family could do what they wanted or group with others. There are boat rides with pirate themes and others that discuss the ecology and nature of the local area. Parasailing and jet skiing were available for the more adventurous of us.
At night we all went to the end of the boardwalk to the pier and the kids went on the rides and so did some of us adults. There are so many retaurants within walking distance that the whole family loved!
We are definately coming back next year and many more years to come!

1 Thank brenda_jones_11
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 3 July 2011

This is old Ocean City at its best. Yes, it is original to its time period without fancy, first class accomodations, but the room rates obviously reflect that. Everything is clean and friendly. Compare what hotels just a few doors away are charging-- this place is a fraction of the cost. In this economy, its nice to get the beach experience without going completely bankrupt.

The selling points for us are the amazing location and large patio area. They are totally beach front right on the boardwalk and steps to the sand. The tables out front offer great people-watching day or night. If you like Mom-and-Pop style businesses, you will have a welcomed vacation here.

1 Thank Kara2121
Olive Branch, Mississippi
Reviewed 3 July 2011

I hate to tell people how wonderful Hampton House is.....my fear is that too many will discover, as I have known for many years, what a charming homelike place this is!!!
The apartments in Hampton House are well appointed, clean, convenient to the best of the Boardwalk. The staff are professional, caring and friendly, and go out of their way to make your vacation everything you hope it will be!

Room Tip: any room/apartment is the best!
1 Thank beckman1
D.C.
Reviewed 1 July 2011

I heard about the place through a friend who had stayed here and being as it was on the bored walk i was skeptical at first..But true to my friends advice me bringing the brood there for some fun in the sun was perfect. we were able to take the kids to the near by dough roller to break the fast every morning with plenty of time to hit the beach which (thanks to its size) never seems crowded and clears out earlier then other public beaches leaving a great dose of serenity to me and the Mrs. The rooms were immaculate and carried all the amenities one would expect from a top notch hotel along with the unique atmosphere. Strongly recommend and i will be returning this summer.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank concoak
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 1 July 2011

I have stayed at the Lambros and Hampton house several times over the past few years and have always had a great time! The family atmosphere is great!! I enjoy being able to bring the family into an apartment and make it our home for the week instead of staying in your standard hotel room. The ability to get away from our city lives and stay in a cozy room has always been a breath of fresh air.

By far the best part of the experience is the location. Beach is only feet away from the front door and there are tons of activities for children to take advantage of. For the drinkers out there - all the main bars in OC are only a quick cab ride away!

All in all - the location, service, and feel are what keep me coming back. You should try it too!

Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank BStephens3852
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I booked this apartment as a last-minute getaway mini-weekend. My family and I were excited when we saw the nice pictures on the website and the location is great. The manager on the phone did not tell me that it will not be in the red house.

When we got there, we were told it will be in the next building on top of the Sunsation store. I was kind of disappointed but think it should be Okay sine it is the same family. But I was wrong. The two-bedroom apartment was spacious, but it was serioulsy outdated -- Very old furniture, horrible bathroom(my 6-yeard-old calls it disgusting, and would not go to the bathroom). The kitchen is functional but the sink is rusty. The carpet was old and looked like from the 1960s.

We decided to stay because of the location. But then we found out that the shower did not work, only steaming hot water was coming out. We called the front desk and nobody answered. I went too the front desk and sat there for 15 minutes, but nobody was there. I tried to call the only number for 20 times, nobody was answering. At 10:00pm(4 hours after I left the voicemail), I left another voicemail and threatened to leave and ask for a refund, then I got a call from a manager, who did not apologize, instead, saying that they have sent people up to check, but noboby was there! They expect me to be in the gross apartment all the time while I am supposed to be on vacation.

The rooms were oceanfront, but it was soooo noisy at night(the windows are definitly not sound-proof) that we had horrible sleep at nights. The window air-conditioners are very noisy.

The swimming pool they said we "have access to", it is actually a small public pool.

We were trying to find another nice place, but it was all booked, so we were stuck there for two nights.

One more thing --- they make you pay cash when check-in, so it is very difficult to get refund or just leave if you are not happy.-- They've got the money. Do not pay them cash.

It serioulsy ruined my mood and put a big dent in our mini-vacation. It is not worth the money, and the stay. I will NEVER ever go there again.

Room Tip: Your vacation will be paritially ruined here
2 Thank Jessica_VA_11