“Not like years passed.”

Anthony's Carryout
Ranked #12 of 451 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: This restaurant is a small place started in 1954. It serves great food from the old car hop/drive in days.... Best roast beef in town, sandwiches that are freshly prepared, fresh cut fries... A little slice of heaven when at the beach!!!
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We recently took a short trip to OC, MD. We knew from the moment that we left our house that we were going to be going to Anthony's for dinner. My kids have always loved their chicken tenders and have always enjoyed eating their dinner outside at Anthony's outdoor seating. My husband and son ordered the chicken tender meals. The tenders were nice white meat chicken, excellent fries, and very tasty cole slaw. My daughter and I shared a cheesesteak hoagie and fries. Yummy!!! There were only two small complaints. One is a silly one...maybe. The tables outside were wiped down, but they all felt sticky. I don't know what was on the cloth they used to wipe them down, but each one was so sticky. They were clean. The girl was out there multiple times while we were there to clean them, but the cloth must have had something on it. My elbows and arms were sticking to the table. The other complaint is that I was so looking forward to a fresh beef sandwich. But the person working the register made sure to tell those ordering the sandwiches that the beef was rare. I remember in years passed, you would be able to ask for one with the beef well cooked. So i was little disappointed not to be able to have the kind of sandwich i was expecting. However, the cheesesteak that I did have was very good. I would certainly not let this be a reason not to come back to Anthony's, but it was not like I had remembered.

Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed my cheese steak and fries but almost 20 for a small sandwich and fries seems like a lot. I think if you like roast beef then you have to go here! I'm not really into it so for me it's just ok as the cheesesteak was mediocre. Fries and onion rings are good. Service is fast. Definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Anthony's has been the same for as long as I can remember. Never had a bad sandwich here. Fries are the best in Ocean City. A must do everytime we are in the area. Starting to get expensive.

Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Again, it was incredible! Summer usually=crappy food in OC but definitely not so at Anthonys! The ruben was killer!!! Do yourself a favor & go here!

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Their food is fantastic. My family goes there every time we are in town. Their fries are just like boardwalk fries (and cheaper) and they are known for their food. Go there during lunch and dinner time and you will see why this place is hopping. You can't beat it!