“Very GOOD” 5 of 5 bubbles

Anthony's Carryout
Ranked #44 of 412 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This restaurant is a small place started in 1954. It serves great food from the old car hop/drive in days.... Best roast beef in town, sandwiches that are freshly prepared, fresh cut fries... A little slice of heaven when at the beach!!!
Arlington, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very GOOD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

TASTY FOOD cant ask for more! this was def. a place you want to stop by. it's very tasty and I cant believe Ive never been here for. The sandwiches are the BEST you can ever ask.

• Visited July 2013

Baltimore, MD
“Very good and fast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

The roast beef is always great. They move fast and taste really good. My only issue is a little attitude when I asked for some extra bbq sauce. Come on $35 bill and I cant have a few extra packs of sauce? Over real good.

Visited October 2013
PA
“OK - a bit steep in price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

$12.50 for a ham sandwich and a small coke with ice was a bit steep in my book. Not even a pickel or chips to go with that sandwich. That being said, it was a good sandwich once I got over the sticker shock. The coke, was just a coke. Served no thrills, sandwich in bag and off you go. I would think the average family would find this a tad bit expensive to stop

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Excellent meats”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

/the carved ham and beef are both excellent. $9.00 for a sandwich with no sides is a bit rough but if you enjoy carved meats, you will not be disappointed.

Wilkes Barre
“Not like years passed.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We recently took a short trip to OC, MD. We knew from the moment that we left our house that we were going to be going to Anthony's for dinner. My kids have always loved their chicken tenders and have always enjoyed eating their dinner outside at Anthony's outdoor seating. My husband and son ordered the chicken tender meals. The tenders were nice white meat chicken, excellent fries, and very tasty cole slaw. My daughter and I shared a cheesesteak hoagie and fries. Yummy!!! There were only two small complaints. One is a silly one...maybe. The tables outside were wiped down, but they all felt sticky. I don't know what was on the cloth they used to wipe them down, but each one was so sticky. They were clean. The girl was out there multiple times while we were there to clean them, but the cloth must have had something on it. My elbows and arms were sticking to the table. The other complaint is that I was so looking forward to a fresh beef sandwich. But the person working the register made sure to tell those ordering the sandwiches that the beef was rare. I remember in years passed, you would be able to ask for one with the beef well cooked. So i was little disappointed not to be able to have the kind of sandwich i was expecting. However, the cheesesteak that I did have was very good. I would certainly not let this be a reason not to come back to Anthony's, but it was not like I had remembered.