“Yummy pancakes”

Decatur Diner
Ranked #25 of 447 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We ate here for breakfast our second day in OCMD. We went because of other reviews I saw on Tripadvisor. It was very full when we went and they don't have a lot of seating but the food was very good and we were all full when we left. The staff was very nice and checked on us often to see if everything was okay. I was so full that I didn't even need lunch that day. My daughter loved the bacon - said it was the best bacon ever!!!

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Always see crowds waiting at breakfast time so we decided to try it last weekend. The place is much smaller inside that I thought it would be. I got blueberry pancakes which were good. One member of the family ordered the cream chipped beef. It hardly had any beef in it. Just looked like a white sauce. the same thing on the sausage gravy meal - hardly any sausage - just white sauce. The price of the kids meals are expensive and all of them include eggs which isn't very helpful when your child doesn't eat eggs. Also to charge a dollar more for chocolate milk than white milk is crazy. In addition, there is an extra charge for sharing food and a big sign on the door that you may not bring in any of your own food or you will be charged. This is not a family friendly policy in my opinion if you have a baby or young child that won't eat food on the menu.

The service was very poor. The waitress never once checked back to see if we wanted more coffee. It also took forever to get the check. Not what I would expect for a diner!

2  Thank OnthegoMomMaryland
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

Best food in ocean city!! The pipeline sounds weird but it's bangin' I could eat it the rest of my life!!

1  Thank Laxtastic4
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We vacation yearly in Ocean City, MD and happened on this place for the first time this year. It is about a mile off Route 90, in West Ocean City. The food was good and plentiful, breakfast all day long. Prices were cheap, meals ranged from $7 to $12 or so. There was a mix of locals and tourists there, off the "beaten path" for tourists most likely. I had the Reuben and fries, kids had breakfast fare. Both were served hot however not real quickly. The place is small and fills up fast. Very friendly atmosphere, clean, family type place. Would recommend for anyone looking for good, relatively cheap food. Will certainly return next year.

I didn't have it, but I saw people having the chicken fired steak with gravy; it was homemade, HUGE and looked delicious.

1  Thank prance
Reviewed 9 July 2013

if you love food then you need to try this little gem by the sea.....was blown away by the half pipeline.....yes i said Half! I'm a big guy and can put down the grub but this meal is amazing....it is large, fresh,tasty, and served piping hot right out of the oven....breakfast done...now lunch....i had the hot turkey sandwich and my wife had the club sandwich.....both were excellent...service is well above average....quality is awesome and seems that its where the locals hang out....easy to find ,if your down the ocean hun,you gotta try it out!

1  Thank randy b