“Shows a lot of respect for his customers.”

Captain Bill Buntings Angler
Ranked #11 of 44 Tours in Ocean City
More attraction details
Owner description: The Angler specializes in deep sea fishing for seabass, tautog, flounder, and bluefish. Your trip includes FREE rod, reel, and bait. The Angler offers a variety of fishing experiences throughout the year, catering to the first time fisherman to the most skilled.
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Went fishing on Labor Day and only 12 people came out fishing. I feel bad for those who didn't make it out. The captain "Chris" and mate "Rich" did a fantastic job seeing he put us over the fish, and a lot of them as well. Says a lot for this Captain to take his boat out 19 miles with only having 12 people on board. Thats a lot of fuel for only 12 people. After getting to where we were set oyt fir both Captain and Mate helped people with netting fish, putting new hooks on, even staying out a little longer because everyone was having a great time. Great job guys you will for sure see me on your boat again and my friends as well. Dave M.

4  Thank iytr
in 21 reviews
in 3 reviews
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 2 June 2013

The Angler is the best fishing boat out of OCMD. Captain Chris really makes an effort to put you on the fish. The crew is extremely helpful and fun to be with. If you are a beginner or seasoned fisherperson book a trip with The Angler. You WILL catch fish. Remember to bring a camera, sunscreen, lunch, drinks and a cooler for your catch. I've fished with The Angler several times and have caught many fish. Great memories and fish in my freezer!!!

5  Thank Mary C
Reviewed 2 June 2013

the crew was splendid, and the captain took us to some good holes but thats where the good story ends! At every spot the crew used fine tuned fishing outfits to load up on some great TAUG, and when they got their fill the captain would say, lets find a better hole or something like that, meanwhile the fishermen barely had one or two keepers. THE JAMAICA in NJ did the same thing! I,ve seen this pattern before, must be industry wide! And now for the cherry on the cake, for 62 bucks I ended up with three sea bass and won the pool, 80 bucks, great, but when I needed my fish filleted the mates upped the price from a buck a fish to three bucks a fish. When I asked the mate and captain about this crookedness, the mate replied that I had just won the pool, so I needed to pay more, the captain seemed OK with this, be on the lookout! Being hispanic I will not raise the race card, but beware in Maryland!

3  Thank 44Dan
Angler2184, Captain at Captain Bill Buntings Angler, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Thanks for voicing for concern regarding the crew aboard the Angler. Our crew, with over 10 years experience on the Angler, works hard to provide the best service to the passengers aboard the vessel. The crew still works hard regardless if the fishing is good or slow. They are getting the boat ready well before you arrive, and stay late after everyone leaves and spend countless hours in the off season maintaining the boat. As you know, tautog are not the easiest fish to catch. The crew and myself were able to catch four keeper tog on Saturdays trip. That is by no means "loading up" on tautog. Two of these fish were given away to passengers aboard boat. I never said " lets find a better hole" after we caught our fish. When fishing is slow, like it was Saturday, there is no reason to stay on one spot when only half the boat is catching and the other half is not. Once again, thanks for your comments, and feel free to contact on my cell if you have any questions.

Capt Chris

Reviewed 27 March 2013

My family and I went out on the Anglers 7:30am fishing trip on July 27, 2012. The mates Dean and Rich (Rosco) were fantastic! They took the time to untangle our many snarls, teach my son Evan (11 years old) how to use the rods, answer any of his questions and just make our trip one he will not forget. He is now a Sea Bass Maniac, learning all he can about this fish. This was his first time fishing offshore (mine too) and he was very at ease on your vessel. Thank you Captain Chris for that and Thank You all for a great day!!!

~Amy Jarrard