“Ocean City's finest!”
Review of Dunes Court

Dunes Court
Ranked #47 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 18 April 2014

This was a perfect place to stay with our 4 year old son. We stayed in an ocean front efficiency that was clean and spacious. The motel is right at the beginning of the boardwalk, so it was great for walks and so close to the ocean. The staff was very pleasant. We'll visit again for sure!

Room Tip: The ocean front room was great!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 March 2014

For the price, it was a decent stay. Parking is sparse. The rooms could use updating. The drain in our shower was slowwww - by the time you were done, the water would be almost overflowing out of the tub. Served its purpose as a place to sleep & shower as we were busy 90% of the time anyway.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The weeknight rates for July have been increased nearly 50% over last year's rates. This is such a blow to a place that offered a great deal for the buck. Now they have stretched themselves into the "not worth it anymore" universe.

Such a shame. We have been going here for the past several years and now will not be returning. Perhaps they have had a few too many "undesirables" there and are looking to bump them out? If that's the case.....that includes me!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank andrew69_10
Reviewed 23 February 2014

A nice basic ocean front motel with low rates in off season. We stay here when ever we can. They should up grade with a flat screen TV and provide ice machine on premises. The staff is friendly. It is one of the few motels that still offers smoking rooms. The elevator is a little slow and creaking. We will stay here again. It is at the end of the boardwalk which is convenient when the tram is running.

Room Tip: The top floor (5 th )is smoking and has a good ocean front view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mario A
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My first visit to the Dunes was in the early "80's". Since that time, I've stayed there at least 25 times. My last stay was October 2013. I still find the Dunes staff very friendly and professional. The rooms are still clean and comfortable. It gives me a great feeling of comfort when I arrive and the desk clerk "Aretha" greets me using my name before I state who I am.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank vafalu
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I had stayed here in the past and expected an older, musty beach-front motel. I chose it because it was in a perfect location and also because it had an elevator for my disabled travel companion. It turned out that it was very nicely renovated. It was clean and modern, with an updated and clean bathroom, no mildew or musty smell, great new beds, comfortable and quiet air conditioner, and an older but perfectly adequate kitchenette. We chose an ocean-front room with balcony. The pool was adjacent to the other building but just steps away and was clean and well-maintained. The location was just past the end of the boardwalk, with easy access to the boardwalk tram station, a bike rental stand, and there was a dune-buggy beach wheelchair that was available by asking the lifeguard. Plenty of parking. My only complaint was that the kitchen supplies were barely minimal, with no serving dishes and only the most basic utensils.

Room Tip: Higher floors in ocean front building have a great view of the ocean and the activities at the end o...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank tag1000
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We had a great time at the DUNES Hotel. Wonderful view of the ocean from our balcony. We usually don't go to the same place twice but we would consider going back here. Great boardwalk with slot of places to eat. I am not a big fan of swimming in the ocean so I took advantage of the pool every day. Not.sure why this hotel would get any bad reviews, it was perfect!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple