“Wifi???”

Ranked #49 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Orwigsburg, Pennsylvania
“Wifi???”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is our 4th year staying at the Dunes Motel. Overall it was a very good experience. The rooms are clean and the view spectacular. We were able to comfortably stay with two adults and two teenage boys. The lack of WiFi that we read about is a problem that still exists. We had a corner oceanfront room with no available WiFi. The first night the front desk gentleman told me that there must be something wrong with our phones. The next night when I called they told me they were replacing the routers and it would be available by Friday. Friday came and went and still no WiFi. Saturday was check out and still no WiFi. This seems to be a somewhat of long standing problem as we read about in other reviews. Hopefully it will be fixed as we would like to return again in September.

2 Thank Dave D
Michael H, Manager at Dunes Court, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Dave D,

Thank you again for staying with us and for being a repeat guest of the Dunes Motel. I have passed on your kind words in regards to are housekeeping service at the Dunes Motel. We truly do have a great housekeeping team that takes pride that we offer a clean comfortable room. I want to apologize for the issues you had with the WiFi service during your stay, and I want you to know we are in the process of repairing are WiFi service. So the next time you stay with us you should have no problems connecting to the internet. We hope to see you in the near future.

Michael J. Hayes, Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Baltimore MD
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Love the Dunes Motel and Dunes Manor Hotel, however the increased pricing on both have definitely keeps us from not visiting as often as we normally have. Very disappointing as we love the Dunes Motel & Hotel and look forward to those weekends to just get away from home for a couple of days.

Also, the internet at the Motel has not worked for me in the last 3 visits there. This was from June and July.

So going to miss our friends on staff we have made there. Especially Charlie, Terry & Pam.

1 Thank ajfbrat
Michael H, Manager at Dunes Court, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear ajfbrat,

Thank you again for staying with us and for being a repeat customer. I was sorry to see you had trouble with are wifi service during your stay. I just wanted to let you know we are in the process of repairing the wifi so this should not be a problem in the future. This is one of the many improvements we are currently working on for the Dunes Motel. You may have seen are new bath amenities as well. We now are placing Ecobotanics bath products in all of our guest rooms. You will also find complimentary in room coffee in the Ocean Front building, and as always we have complimentary coffee available in the office. These are just some of the ways we are trying to add value for our guest during the stay. We hope to see you again in the near future at the Dunes Motel.

Pottstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Last year we stayed at another hotel, I must say I'm glad we came back to the Dunes! Wow the cleanliness of our room HIGH FIVE guys. So glad to be at a hotel where my socks do not turn black!!! We booked early enough to avoid the HUGE price increase. My parents stayed Oceanfront and we stayed on the poolside. We loved the end pool room we had, we could walk out right up to the tram station, right onto the beach. It was great!! The view from the balcony of Oceanfront is of course such a spectacular view of the dunes & Atlantic. The only thing I wish is that the wifi would be a little faster, it was a bit slow at times.

1 Thank StrwbryShrtK
Michael H, Manager at Dunes Court, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear StrwbryShrtK,

I just want to say thank you for staying with us and continuing to stay with us at the Dunes. I always love seeing responses from repeat guests. It is the customers that continue to come back year after year that really make the Dunes a great place. I will also pass on your comments to our housekeeping staff. Which is by far the best housekeeping staff in Ocean City. Thank you again we hope to see you again in the near future.

Old Bridge, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed in a corner efficiency on 4th of July weekend. This was the best bargain for an oceanside/boardwalk motel. The motel is clean, but a little rough around the edges. We only stayed in the motel to sleep, shower and eat so it was exactly what we needed. If you are on a budget but still want to feel comfortable this place is a good choice.

Room Tip: Do oceanfront! Love the sound of the ocean and boardwalk's live bands!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jpaustian1
Michael H, Manager at Dunes Court, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Jpaustian1,

I just want to say thank you for choosing to celebrate the 4th of July holiday with us at the Dunes Motel. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the comfort of are accommodations. We have just recently added new bath amenities to the rooms. We truly do offer a good comfortable room for a good value, and are proximity to the boardwalk cannot be beat. I hope you choose to stay with us again in the future

Burgettstown
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed last year ocean front .due to huge price increase this year at your motel we decided to take a room poolside. A little disappointed we loved our oceanfront room.dont understand why the huge price jump.also I agree with another review.i had no internet however I did sit on deck of dunes manor HOTEL And had service. I can't complain.staff was exceptional and helpful as always.room was satisfactory however after pricing other places may chose another option next time.i chose this hotel because of value last year..not such a great value anymore.may stay closer to other end of boardwalk next time to be closer to activities for a comparable price.maybe you can give return visitors/loyal customers a discount or incentive to keep returning?

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Horses1130
Michael H, Manager at Dunes Court, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Horses 1130,

I just want to say thank you for choosing to stay at the Dunes Motel and thank you for your repeat visit. We truly do have a great staff and many of them have been with the property for a number of years. We have begun to add a number of amenities to the motel including new bath products. I hope that you will have a chance to stay with us again.

Michael J. Hayes
Director of Rooms
Tyrone, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This was our first stay at this motel we stayed from june 22nd thru the 25th, we was just one block from the board walk a stunning view from the front Balcony we was on the 27th street side of the beach. It was not too busy at night and walking distance from most nice eatery's they has a movie on the beach on our 2nd night there along the boardwalk the food prices were very fair and good quality, very nice employees.the only issue that i had was the was with the rental prices of the Umbrellas for the beach but we will go back next summer for sure. a fantastic place to stay and very affordable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Apostle1
Michael H, Manager at Dunes Court, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Apostle1,

I just want to say thank you for your recent stay at the Dunes Motel. I was very pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us. We truly do have a great spot right by the boardwalk and with a beautiful ocean view. I look forward to seeing you on your next stay at the Dunes Motel.

Martinsburg, West Virginia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed at the Dunes Motel Effeciency suite and had a very comfortable visit. Everything was clean and well maintained. Love the location at the end of the boardwalk and close to shopping restaurants and Jolly Roger park. Staff were professional and friendly. Will definately return on our next trip to Ocean City.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Michael H, Manager at Dunes Court, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear, Deb B.

Thank you for your recent stay at the Dunes Motel. I was very pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us. We take great pride in the professionalism of are staff and are housekeeping staff is definitely the best in Ocean City. It was also nice to see another fellow West Virginia Mountaineer staying with us. I am a Mountaineer myself. Thank you again for the stay and we hope to see you in the near future.

Best Regards