“Great Senior Week Location!”
Review of Beach Bum Motel

Beach Bum Motel
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I rented this at the last moment - Friday night at 8pm for arrival for a week beginning the next day! The lady at reservations was immensely helpful and answered all of my many questions. We reserved the newly remodeled bottom floor efficiency and it was well worth the great price we got. My son said it was great - large bathroom, fully stocked kitchen, comfy beds, nice tv, and awesome location. He said everyone he encountered from the people at the desk, the manager and housekeeping were very nice and respectful to him - that's alot coming from an 18 year old. He said he never felt unsafe and there was no problem with noise, etc. He did say he visited some guests in regular rooms and he thought they were a little small but he's a big guy! All in all we were very happy and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this motel.

Room Tip: Go for one of the newly remodeled rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank mom23rs
BeachBummet, Manager at Beach Bum Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2013

Thank you for your review. All our seniors were great this year, they were very respectful to all the staffs as well as the other guests staying in the property. Now, after senior week is over, we actually miss the seniors. Hopefully we will see them soon again.

Beach Bum Motel

Reviewed 27 February 2013

My kids have been there last year, and i like this motel so i am booking it for this year as well. I don't get it why people have limited budget but want a double standard facilities. The motel had security guards in the property all the time. The front desk guy was co-operative enough to show around the property. I made the reservation online, and i received the confirmation email. Did not have any problem since i was tracking my bank account along with the confirmation email. The place is decent, clean and up to the price it is open for. My kids are going to OC this year as well and so am I. I would really recommend this place for those people who is coming down to enjoy the beach, boardwalk, and ocean and not to the ones who is planning to stay in the room flipping channels and laying in the bed.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeny C
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We booked a room on the Ocean Cit Website. Everything processed fine we even had a confirmation number to give the front desk upon arrival. We arrived at the front desk informed us that there was no reservation! We were told that someone should have given us a call. I received nothing! I explained that I had given my cell nubmer and e-mail address but she just stared at me like I was in the wrong. She informed us that the credit card we gave was not charged and that she could offer us an efficiency for another $60 dollars! Why should a customer with proof of a held room be charged for their mistake!. I would not recommend place this to anyone ever! We ended up at another hotel beach front for $10 more and the service was great!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2012

i stayed here for my 21st birthday on the 12th and 2 days ago and the 1st time we stayed for the price you couldnt beat it we has the effiency the bed was clean the fridge was cold the air conditioner worked and the kitchen was stocked there was a toaster,coffee pot,cups the works....the beds where clean but just incase i bought 2 cans of lysol spray for the beds and bathroom cuz you can never be to careful. There was brand new hardwood floors in the place the only downfall was u had to hold the flusher down for the toilet to flush. the shower had good water pressure and the pool is decent. the 2nd time we stayed they must not have gotten to the room they gave us with installing the new hardwood floors we had carpet . the beds and all was clean but they must have had the fridge off cuz we tried to put r food and drinks in there after arriving and we turned it all the way up and the fridge didnt get cold until the next day so we had to keep all our food and drinks in the freezer over night and then everything got frozen all cuz the fridge was hot. then the air conditioner didnt really work we had it set to 62 from the time we arrived at 2:30 until about 4am the room stayed at a steady 75 degrees couldnt sleep cuz the room was so hot. and another downfall about the stays was the "cable" tv your lucky if u get past 15 channels and the channel list in the room is incorrect. and yes the currtains could be a bit wider and longer for the windows to block out the light ...i would stay here again specially if im on a budget cant beat the price . yea the parking lot may be small and the beds as well but its not that bad of a place to stay specially if all your doing is sleeping in there and possibly eating.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Anonymous1488
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Spend the extra $30 or $40 and stay ANYWHERE else!

Let me start by saying I couldn't even understand the younger guy at check-in, which by the way was not even where we were staying. Our efficiency was around the corner near the pool which by the way was the only good thing about the whole stay!! When entering the parking lot only 30 mins after the start of check-in there was not 1 parking spot! So street parking we went and carried all our bags in to the way back of the building.

Beds were the most uncomfortable things I've spent a night on, don't sleep 2 in that double you both will roll to the middle and get stuck!! The bathroom was clean however if you wanted to wash the shampoo out of your hair forget it the water dripped out and the rest SPRAYED all over the ceiling! If you needed to use the toilet don't sit the seat was broken and continued to fall off!

When we went to the desk to get the bathroom toilet fixed and the shower head replaced they said they would add it to the list...which was WAY long and after 2 nights no one came to fix anything!

So my only recommendation is DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Cindy M
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We booked online. We only needed somewhere to sleep for a night because we didn't arrive til 2 AM. They were nice, easy check in. They even allowed us late check out. There were no outlets in the bathroom and over all the place was not very clean. The curtains barely covered the window. I would not stay here again. We never had time to check out the pool.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2012

For 2 nights, the place was....OK at best. The pool was ok, minus the fact I had my bag with papers in it and my phone sitting on the ground and the guy taking care of the pool hosed water all over the ground and my bag got soaked...we literally were locked inside of our bedroom for about 20 minutes in the morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We locked the door because the only lock to get into the room was a very simple turn lock, so we felt safer with our bedroom door locked. Big mistake, the lock jammed, we tried to call the office, and they didn't open until 9am (this was 8:30 we tried calling) and didn't care when we told them. My husband almost had to jump out the window when the door finally opened. There were ants in the bathroom, no tissues anywhere, and not even any wash clothes or hand towels in the bathroom! thankfully we didn't spend much time in this room because it was not worth the $250 for 2 nights...the only plus was that it is close to the beach and it wasn't too nosy. Maybe ok for a night or 2 but that is it, we definitely will search around more next time instead of settling for this place...

Room Tip: Don't go here!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple