“Best in OC... but it is OC, you know, so don't judge too hard!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City
Ranked #11 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Leesburg, Va
“Best in OC... but it is OC, you know, so don't judge too hard!”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

This hotel is such a great hotel and we DO love it. There is plenty of space for my family of 4 in the suites and no fighting over tv's or trying to make kids be quiet so someone can nap because there is always the other room to retreat to. We go there every single June (this year will be our 5th year) and the staff is so nice many of them even remember us, which makes us feel special. The staff always try to help us in any way and leave us feeling like they care about our vacation and the impression they leave on us. However... this is an Ocean City hotel, so if you are looking for total perfection... new carpets, pristine decor, you are going to the wrong beach TOWN because I don’t think anything like that exists in OC, especially on the boardwalk. (I think there is a new and nicer Hilton that is very similar to this hotel but it is not on the boardwalk which is half the fun for us. We take this awesome location over a hotel that is sparkling like new.) To us this is the best hotel with a great location on the boardwalk, at a beautiful beach far from the public beach down on the end of the boardwalk, good bar by the 2 outdoor pools (one that is great for kids) situated overlooking the beach (not the parking lot like at most other OC hotels!) and an indoor pool for cool or yucky days as well as a decent, casual restaurant, fitness room, and suites with full kitchens and lots of space for cranky, sunburned families to spread out before someone has a meltdown. I do like the rooms very much despite the fact that we usually stay at 5 star hotels (Grand Cypress or Grand Floridian in Orlando, The Plaza in NY, The Willard in DC and so on) so this is an adjustment downward in luxury, but it is clean, comfortable, spacious, friendly and all the amenities and it’s PRIME location make up for a hard to see run in the carpet here or there. BTW, I gave this 5 stars not because I think it is a 5 star hotel, but because of all the options in Ocean City, Md… I find this to be the best choice for couples or families. Book it and enjoy.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room... They are even bigger!!!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank Nancy G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Arabic first
Key West, Florida
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Stayed at the Holiday Inn on 17th Street in Feb 2012. Now it was off season and the price was lower than summer but it was worth it. The room are a good size, clean, and comfortable. We chose this hotel for the indoor pool and were not disappointed. Good size, in a very high ceiling room, warm enough to swim in, and clean. I read some of these reviews and was concerned, but once I got there i was quite happy. Not sure if some of these people just need something to complain about or what, but I found no flaws. We stayed in the southern suite instead of the Ocean view side, but could see the ocean anyway so stay in room 604. We had 2 other couples with us and all the rooms are the same. I would like to see them update the couches in the rooms but they were typical hotel couches. The beds and pillows were so comfortable I wanted to take them home !!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Smilingeveryday
north carolina
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We booked this hotel at a discount rate and, upon arrival, were able to stay another night at the same rate. We were initially assigned a "side view" (sliver of an ocean view) and requested an upgrade to ocean front. The hotel agreed and we were moved to ocean front at no additional charge. The accommodations are more like a condo than a "suite". Full living room, kitchen and bedroom and deluxe bath with a jaccuzi. Great, spacious balcony. Appointments are well done and everything was extremely clean. The staff was very gracious and helpful. We had dinner in the restaurant and the food was excellent and well presented. Room service for breakfast was equally good and service was efficient. My fruit order was inadvertantly omitted from my order and was promptly delivered when this was reported. Overall this was a great place and a great experience. I don't think you could find a better place to stay. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Go for the ocean front. It's worth it.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank irsmgr
Suffolk, Virginia
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My fiancee' and I visited Ocean City Maryland for my birthday in December. It was very nice, however, a lot of the attractions were closed for the season. I am sure that in the summer it is wonderful. The room was super clean and the staff were very friendly. Our main reason for visiting was the new Casino @ Ocean Downs. Eventhough I am a table poker player, I still enjoyed playing the slots and the computerized games that rips you off (lol) . If you like a lot of slots then you will love the casino @ Ocean Downs there are several to choose from. We will definitely return, but it will be during the seasonal time so that we will not be limited to the casino only.

Room Tip: Roomas on the oceanfront are much nicer, and the view is awesome!!! If available book a suite.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MommaLady_3
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 20 February 2012

There aren't many luxury options in OC, MD but Holiday Inn is as good as it gets. The pool area is great for the kids. Really, you can't beat it in OC. The new Hilton has the same exact pool (haven't stayed there before) but Holiday Inn is right on the Boardwalk which is a plus. The hotel is one of the newer hotels in OC. The suites are good if you have a family as there are two separate rooms - the front room has a pullout sofa and a table - good for a parent that has a napping child. Since we have been going to OC our entire lives, we know that the pickings are slim for something nice. I just wish it wasn't so ridiculously expensive. But, I would say that if money isn't an option, you should stay here, the newer Hilton or see if you can rent a condo at The Belmont Towers (I hear they are very nice - also expensive). If money is more of an object, we have also stayed at Park Place which is suitable and very convenient. But, we would pick Holiday Inn or Hilton everytime if they weren't so expensive!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Baltowkids
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We stayed in room 207. The furniture was old and worn out, the deadbolt didn't work, there was water damage on the bathroom ceiling....and there was a VCR in the room. A VCR? Who uses those anymore? Does anybody even own any VHS tapes? Overall the room was fine, if the price is right I would stay again. The indoor pool was ok, just really small. The staff was friendly and the restaurant had good food.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Buttercup1221
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 17 February 2012

My family and I return to Ocean City every year, and would only stay at the Holiday Inn Suites on 17th street. The staff is attentive and friendly. On occasion traveling with little one's there is a special need and the staff at the Holiday Inn Suites has always gone above and beyond. Well worth visit folks!!

Room Tip: Everything is Oceanfront, all rooms are great
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family