“Awesome hotel- We will definitely stay here again.”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City
Ranked #10 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Awesome hotel- We will definitely stay here again.”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We loved it here! It had everything we needed and more. Our little family of three had more than enough room to stretch out in these suites. It could have easily fit more people.

The living room was large with a fold out bed, flat screen tv and dining table with four chairs. Our toddler in slept in here in the provided pack-n-play.

The kitchen was well equipped with everything we needed and more. It had silverware and dishes, a blender, toaster, coffee-maker, pots, pans, a full size fridge and stove. It was all very clean and new. It was nice to be able to make our own breakfast in the morning, and to have all the food we needed through out the day with out having to rely on eating out for every meal.

The bathroom was great! Our toddler LOVED the giant jacuzzi, and she swam in it several times during our stay. It also has a nice rain style shower head, very luxurious. Plenty of counter space and lighting.

We had two queen beds in he spacious bedroom. We loved how high the ceilings were, and that we had a TV in here too. It was far enough away from the living room that we didn't disturb our sleeping baby. The beds were very comfortable and clean. The sliding doors leading to the balcony were lovely, and we enjoyed watching the sun rise over the ocean from our bed.

The hotel is on the beach, so access is very convenient. Since it was the off season, there were hardly any people there, which was great! Lots of covered parking, no crowds, and a very quiet hotel. We appreciated that there was an indoor pool too! The outdoor pool(s) looked amazing, and I can imagine it would be a kid's dream come true during the summer.

We ate dinner one evening from the restaurant in the lobby. It was very quick service, and our ribs were great! We especially enjoyed the fried banana cheesecake pastry offered there. I highly recommend it.

The staff and employees were very kind and accommodating. We were given and early check in at around 10. We also asked for a late check out so our toddler could squeeze in one more nap before we headed home, and that was no problem at all. The only problem we encountered was in our first room we were given, the curtains and valance had fallen off the wall, but we just informed them about it, and were given a room just a few doors down. Easy fix!

We had an awesome stay here, we wish we could have stayed longer. I definitely recommend visiting Ocean City in the off-season. Perhaps it is a little colder and lots of places are closed for the season, but I loved the sparse crowds and no traffic and there were still enough places open for us to have some fun. Please the beach was practically deserted! This hotel is in a great location for all the fun you want to have.

Room Tip: I think nearly every room has an ocean view, but the higher up you go, the better it is.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank liliribs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Just got back from my weekend getaway with my boyfriend at the holiday inn. The room was very large with a king bed & ocean front balcony. The bed & pillows were so comfy I felt like I was sleeping in my own bed at home!!! We chose not to have housekeeping come, but they left a bag in front of our door with fresh towels and coffee & bath essentials. They had mini bath & body works shampoos, lotions and conditioners. Will come back in the summer too! A++

• Stayed March 2012
4 Thank Courthalecki6
Leesburg, Va
Reviewed 2 March 2012

This hotel is such a great hotel and we DO love it. There is plenty of space for my family of 4 in the suites and no fighting over tv's or trying to make kids be quiet so someone can nap because there is always the other room to retreat to. We go there every single June (this year will be our 5th year) and the staff is so nice many of them even remember us, which makes us feel special. The staff always try to help us in any way and leave us feeling like they care about our vacation and the impression they leave on us. However... this is an Ocean City hotel, so if you are looking for total perfection... new carpets, pristine decor, you are going to the wrong beach TOWN because I don’t think anything like that exists in OC, especially on the boardwalk. (I think there is a new and nicer Hilton that is very similar to this hotel but it is not on the boardwalk which is half the fun for us. We take this awesome location over a hotel that is sparkling like new.) To us this is the best hotel with a great location on the boardwalk, at a beautiful beach far from the public beach down on the end of the boardwalk, good bar by the 2 outdoor pools (one that is great for kids) situated overlooking the beach (not the parking lot like at most other OC hotels!) and an indoor pool for cool or yucky days as well as a decent, casual restaurant, fitness room, and suites with full kitchens and lots of space for cranky, sunburned families to spread out before someone has a meltdown. I do like the rooms very much despite the fact that we usually stay at 5 star hotels (Grand Cypress or Grand Floridian in Orlando, The Plaza in NY, The Willard in DC and so on) so this is an adjustment downward in luxury, but it is clean, comfortable, spacious, friendly and all the amenities and it’s PRIME location make up for a hard to see run in the carpet here or there. BTW, I gave this 5 stars not because I think it is a 5 star hotel, but because of all the options in Ocean City, Md… I find this to be the best choice for couples or families. Book it and enjoy.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room... They are even bigger!!!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank Nancy G
Key West, Florida
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Stayed at the Holiday Inn on 17th Street in Feb 2012. Now it was off season and the price was lower than summer but it was worth it. The room are a good size, clean, and comfortable. We chose this hotel for the indoor pool and were not disappointed. Good size, in a very high ceiling room, warm enough to swim in, and clean. I read some of these reviews and was concerned, but once I got there i was quite happy. Not sure if some of these people just need something to complain about or what, but I found no flaws. We stayed in the southern suite instead of the Ocean view side, but could see the ocean anyway so stay in room 604. We had 2 other couples with us and all the rooms are the same. I would like to see them update the couches in the rooms but they were typical hotel couches. The beds and pillows were so comfortable I wanted to take them home !!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Smilingeveryday
north carolina
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We booked this hotel at a discount rate and, upon arrival, were able to stay another night at the same rate. We were initially assigned a "side view" (sliver of an ocean view) and requested an upgrade to ocean front. The hotel agreed and we were moved to ocean front at no additional charge. The accommodations are more like a condo than a "suite". Full living room, kitchen and bedroom and deluxe bath with a jaccuzi. Great, spacious balcony. Appointments are well done and everything was extremely clean. The staff was very gracious and helpful. We had dinner in the restaurant and the food was excellent and well presented. Room service for breakfast was equally good and service was efficient. My fruit order was inadvertantly omitted from my order and was promptly delivered when this was reported. Overall this was a great place and a great experience. I don't think you could find a better place to stay. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Go for the ocean front. It's worth it.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank irsmgr
Suffolk, Virginia
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My fiancee' and I visited Ocean City Maryland for my birthday in December. It was very nice, however, a lot of the attractions were closed for the season. I am sure that in the summer it is wonderful. The room was super clean and the staff were very friendly. Our main reason for visiting was the new Casino @ Ocean Downs. Eventhough I am a table poker player, I still enjoyed playing the slots and the computerized games that rips you off (lol) . If you like a lot of slots then you will love the casino @ Ocean Downs there are several to choose from. We will definitely return, but it will be during the seasonal time so that we will not be limited to the casino only.

Room Tip: Roomas on the oceanfront are much nicer, and the view is awesome!!! If available book a suite.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MommaLady_3
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 20 February 2012

There aren't many luxury options in OC, MD but Holiday Inn is as good as it gets. The pool area is great for the kids. Really, you can't beat it in OC. The new Hilton has the same exact pool (haven't stayed there before) but Holiday Inn is right on the Boardwalk which is a plus. The hotel is one of the newer hotels in OC. The suites are good if you have a family as there are two separate rooms - the front room has a pullout sofa and a table - good for a parent that has a napping child. Since we have been going to OC our entire lives, we know that the pickings are slim for something nice. I just wish it wasn't so ridiculously expensive. But, I would say that if money isn't an option, you should stay here, the newer Hilton or see if you can rent a condo at The Belmont Towers (I hear they are very nice - also expensive). If money is more of an object, we have also stayed at Park Place which is suitable and very convenient. But, we would pick Holiday Inn or Hilton everytime if they weren't so expensive!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family