“sweet suite for four days made our OC stay even more enjoyable” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City
Ranked #7 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“sweet suite for four days made our OC stay even more enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

we splurged on a room with kitchen and lounge as well as bedroom with ocean front view and so enjoyed falling asleep and waking to the sound of the sea that it is hard to adjust to the city noises of home.

Room Tip: If you want to people watch get a lower floor (4th and below).
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TolerantTraveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Arabic first
New Castle, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

This hotel was a very reasonable rate online. The suite was spacious and although we only stayed one night, we would definitely stay longer next time. The suite was very clean and the staff was pleasant. It is very close but not on top of OC activities, sitting right on the northern end of the boardwalk.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie Z
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my family for a short vacation. As far as chain hotels go, this one isn’t bad. It is right on the boardwalk, with most rooms facing the beach. There are two outdoor pools and one indoor pool. There is also a fitness room with weight machines and a few cardio machines.
The front desk staff was average. The maintenance and housekeeping crews leave something to be desired. The staff in the restaurant was great. We had the same waitress each morning at breakfast. She remembered how we take our coffee and that our kids wanted chocolate milk, and brought them out without being asked.
The room was nice. Two queen beds in the bedroom, a Jacuzzi tub, a living room, and a full kitchen. There was tile in the living/dining/kitchen areas. One thing that would have made the room a lot better would have been a broom in each room to sweep up sand from the beach.
Overall, I give the place a rating just above average as far as hotels go in general. It is one of the nicer places in Ocean City though.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor. There are 13 in all, but the number 13 is skipped.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank joe_chemo
Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Before I decided to book this hotel, I read the reviews, checked out other travelers' photos and looked into hotels in the vicinity. After getting the run-around from another HI in OC, I decided this would be my choice. Well, I'm so glad I decided to stay.

THE GOOD: Perfect location. Clean. Accommodating. Easy check in/out. Amenities were useful. Just an all-around great stay.

THE NOT SO GOOD: Noise outside the room was not overbearing; however ...... Sofa bed needs a new mattress. Some dishes were not clean - dried food remained behind. The shower head from the ceiling was not a big hit for me, although the jacuzzi tub was great, the ceiling shower not so much. I didn't utilize the pools or the restaurant; however, they all looked very inviting and the other guests seemed to really be enjoying themselves. The price was a bit high as well - $451 per night for an oceanfront room w/ taxes.

Would I stay again? ABSOLUTELY!! Come January/February, I will be booking my stay for Labor Day weekend, 2014 - this time using my points.

I had no problems with the staff, parking or anything else pertaining to my stay. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and would recommend to family and friends.

As I always say in my reviews, I TRUST THE BRAND!! Good job, Holiday Inn. Up next, Holiday Inn Sunspree - Montego Bay, Jamaica. Yeah Mon!!

Room Tip: Fith or sixth floor gives you the best view of the ocean.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Meeeshia
Holland, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed for two nights in early August after staying one night at Secrets in OC MD, what a difference. The staff was very accommodating in letting us enjoy the pool and property and also checking our bags as we were early for check in
Had an ocean front view which was spectacular, the pool was very nice I only wish that I had my children with me as the pool was very child friendly. I will add that the service at the pool was lacking but it was fairly crowded.
The location was perfect for couples or families being right on the boardwalk across from the beach.
We are already thinking of booking a few nights for next summer.

Room Tip: Although expensive you will not be dissapointed with an ocean front room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Walt-18966
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is the second time my family has stayed at this hotel and it is absolutely gorgeous. I had a king suite on the 7th floor ocean front overlooking the pool, the staff is very friendly and the food specials were great....Thank you Holiday Inn !!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank rich_0122000
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We just got back from a 4 night stay at the Holiday Inn in Ocean City and can't wait to return! It was perfect for our family which includes a 3 year old and 1 year old. The pool was fantastic, with a lazy river and 2 water slides. The hotel is right on the boardwalk and beach, making access to both so easy. We ate breakfast at the hotel twice and the kids' meals were free. Always a plus! The room was spacious, with a full kitchen, balcony, pull out sofa and 2 TV's. No complaints, other than the sofa was very uncomfortable. Certainly not a reason not to return though. Excellent customer service as well. (We extended our stay by one night and they were so accommodating.) Will definitely return!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family