“Great offseason weekend getaway!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City
Ranked #10 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Richlands, North Carolina
“Great offseason weekend getaway!”
Reviewed 14 September 2008

My husband and I stayed here on a whim. It was a Friday morning and decided we wanted to get away for a couple of nights. I was surprised that when my husband called the property they were extremely helpful in getting us the least expensive package they could find (I guess we got lucky because it was offseason). Anyway, we paid $199 for the weekend and that price included a $50 gift certificate for dinner and a chilled bottle of wine waiting upon arrival. The room was immaculate - very clean and well stocked. There was a living/dining room with a couch/seat/coffee table and TV. The dining area was small - can't imagine a family sitting down for dinner there..but it was nice to have. There was a full "galley" style kitchen and a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. The bedroom was nice and had another TV. The balcony overlooked the beach and had a table with four chairs. The staff was very nice and we liked the food at the restaurant the one night we ate there. Loved the indoor pool. It was November so obviously the outdoor pools were closed but man, did they look like fun! Yes, this place is "pricier" but overall I think it is worth it.

• Liked — The room and the view
  • Disliked — No complaints!
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank silverbow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Arabic first
Pittsburgh PA
Reviewed 10 September 2008

This place was okay, but I wouldn't say that it's worth the steep price. For the price you're paying, you can get a MUCH nicer place at one of the condo's. The only problem with condos is that you have to bring your own towels and linens, but I think the next time I go to OC, I will deal with that inconvenience.

The location is ideal, there is no question about that. But the suite itself doesn't really live up to expectations, i.e.it's not as nice as the pictures on the website. I will say this though, the bed was VERY comfortable, and the bathroom was pretty big for a hotel.

The housekeeper did a good job every day, but the hotel should have a broom in the closet for guests to use to sweep up the sand. Also, there were dish towels but no dish RAGS....no huge deal, but I found that quite odd.

The kids pool was nice, but man do those kids scream...this is not the place to go for young couples with no children.

All in all, it was better than your average hotel at Ocean City. But for this kind of money, you're better off staying at one of the condos instead.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The noise
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank christyk0104
nj
Reviewed 30 August 2008

My family and I stayed at this property for four nights. Except for a shaky part during the booking process the entire experience was amazing.

The hotel is very clean, the staff beyond helpful, and rooms spacious.

My daughter and nieces loved the pool!!! We have been to ocean city for the past five years and will now make this property our new destination!

1 Thank deannamort
ny
Reviewed 28 August 2008

Have been going to the hotel for a few years in a row, we really enjoy the adult pool area where waitresses come around and serve lunch and drinks if you like. Fresh towels are always available.

There is a children's slide pool on the other side which keep young children busy all day. There is no deep end which is really good and a couple of life guards. If you have young children it is great. They also serve drinks and lunch on that side also. The only downside is you must get on line before the kiddie slide opens (i think 8:30) and reserve a chair because you won't get one if you wake up late. So glad I don't have to do that anymore...

There is a nice indoor bar and casual restaurant with palm trees and an indoor pool. Very casual, you can go in for lunch with a bathingsuit coverup on. Kids 12 and under eat free with paying adult meal which is great! Also if you eat outside you get the same deal.

The beach is beautiful and cleaned immaculately every night. There are umbrellas and chairs that you can rent on the beach.

The boardwalk is just down the steps from the pool area - then onto the beach.

It is not in walking distance of the rides and games unless you want to walk a mile or mores distance. You can take the tram it's like $3.oo per person i think (one way)

CVS is right across the street which is great and also Dunkin Donuts 2 blocks over.

The rooms are clean and roomy. The only downside its expensive. But we felt it was worth it.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank eastcoastlisa
Madison
Reviewed 26 August 2008

This was our 4th time in Oceancity and the first time that we stay here. It was awesome. The pools were great and the kids ate for free which saved alot of money for lunch and breakfast. We stayed 5 nights and only got in our car on the 4th night to drive down to the bay. Everything is within walking distance. We will be going back here again next year.

• Liked — location and pool
  • Disliked — nothing loved it all
1 Thank madisonmomof2
baltimore
Reviewed 21 August 2008

This is our second visit to the Holiday Inn within a year. The room layout and view are great! My only complaint here is the sofa beds need to be replaced. They do have stains and are soft in spots. I was surprised to find this in a hotel of this level.

My kids LOVED the pool, but I agree with other reviewers, some guests do hog the chairs. They come early in the morning (during our stay, I did not witness a long line to get in), drop off towels on as many as six chairs then leave until later in the day. It would be nice if the hotel could limit them in some way.

I found the staff very friendly, the only fault here would be inexperience as most are kids themselves.

I LOVED room service!

I have to say for us $500 for a nights stay in Ocean City is a bit steep, but everything you might need is within walking distance of the hotel. And at least until my kids are older I don't see how I can take them back to a "regular" pool!

• Liked — fantastic view, kiddie pool, room layout, convenience
  • Disliked — price
1 Thank daiseymae88
elkton,md
Reviewed 19 August 2008

I have stayed in many hotels in Oc over the years. Holiday inn on 17th street was by far the best yet. all of the employees and managment went above and beyond there duties to make my family and I very at home. The kiddie pool was the best pool in ocean city. Holiday inn on 17th street offered many ammenities for all ages. To top it off they are located right on the boardwalk with a beauitful view of the ocean. Thank you to All Holiday Inn And suites Staff for making this the best visit to oc my family and i have ever had.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing,everything was perfect
2 Thank ginagirl62