“We could not have asked for better accommodations”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City
Ranked #10 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Baltimore, Maryland
“We could not have asked for better accommodations”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My major priority for a vacation getaway is a comfortable bed and this place had it. Our unit was oceanfront. The balcony had a glass-top and wrought iron patio set (non of that plastic stuff). The bedroom had a large flat-screen TV, ample space, a door between it and the kitchen area, and another door between the kitchen area and the living room. The living room had a coffee table, comfortable sofa, lamps and end table. It also had a dining table and chairs that seated four people, plus another large flat screen TV. This was great for my husband. He likes to stay up and watch TV while I generally pass out early and prefer the quiet. The kitchen had a full-size refrigerator, dishwasher, stove with oven and microwave overhead with an exhaust fan. The kitchen also came fully stocked with pans, dishes, flatware, toaster, coffee maker, lots of cabinet space. The bathroom had stone tiles on the floor and walls, granite counter top and a large Jacuzzi. Even the toiletries were top-shelf. We took our 2-year-old great niece with us. She immediately ran to the balcony, exclaiming about "the water! The water!" And, thankfully, the railing was high enough for us not to worry about her climbing up on a chair and leaning over. We cooked in and saved money and ate out when we felt like it. What a WONDERFUL location. It is now my standard for comparing all other hotels.

Room Tip: All rooms are oceanfront (if we are not mistaken), so decide how high up you would like to be. No fr...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Arabic first
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Great Hotel: From our check in through check out my family and I received very good service. Front desk, housekeeping, the restaurant and room service staff were courteous and made our stay a memorable one. Ample parking for registered guests, great views of the ocean, the quality of the food was very good and the pricing was very affordable.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are the best, but the side views will not disappoint you. It was great sleeping wi...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Woodbine
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had not expected a Holiday Inn to be this nice. The location (directly on the Ocean City Boardwalk) was EXCELLENT and the rooms in the suite were very clean and big. The balcony offered and super place to watch people on the boardwalk from and was also a very nice size. The restaurant had excellent food and the entire hotel staff could not have been nicer or more helpful - especially the kids that helped with the luggage! If I have one complaint, the Jacuzzi but was impossible for both my husband and I to get in and out of - and the shower head was located directly in the middle of it!

The two swimming pools were absolutely beautiful (thanks for the separation of the adult and children with the two pools!) and we loved the table service offered there for food and drinks.

Tip for The Holiday Inn People - ditch the Jacuzzis and install regular showers/bathtubs in at least half of the rooms in the hotel. This was a definite problem for us and, unfortunately, will prevent us from returning to this particular hotel - even though we loved everything else about it.

Room Tip: Again, the Jacuzzi was horrendous to get in and out of if you happen to be over 50 years old! I don...
1 Thank Susan W
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This hotel had some wonderful people working at the desk that were very helpful with local information and helping us ship a box of souveniers home. It is very conveniently located on the beach and boardwalk. Tons to do and see very close by. The kids pool is FANTASTIC. There is a full time boardwalk fair within a few minutes drive with great fair type food and people working who truly want the kids to have a great time and gave them lots of chances to win their games.

There are lots of things to do on the beach. We were on an upper floor with a view of the beach. Beautiful sunrises and could see everything from our wonderful balcony. There is food and even a drug store (for sunburn remedies) within walking distance.

We felt the $$$ we spent for the room was VERY worth it. Our room had a full size fridge and stove in it. There were two beds and a pullout couch in the living room. We discovered a loose plate on a wall plugin on our last day. The desk said they would take care of the problem.

While in the kids pool I cut my foot on an exposed screw. I had to go to urgent care and update my tetanus shot. I went back and told the front desk to ensure it was repaired properly so no one else would be cut. The woman at the front desk asked to see my receipt from urgent care, appologized profously for that happening and took the amount I had to pay for the shot off our bill.

We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor room with an ocean view and the full kitchen away from the elevator. You won...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I called the front desk for my reservations because I did not want a problem when I arrived. Tuesday was my last day of radiation for my breast cancer and there was nothing more than I wanted than a nice room at the Holiday Inn, ocean front, handicapped. I talked to the most delightful assosiate who assured me my ocean front corner room would be all I want plus some!!! Well, the specific room was rented out to someone else! They stuck me way down the hallway with just a tiny spec of ocean in my view! My trip was ruined. My plans were ruined and I went home very unhappy.

Room Tip: The Hilton was no better.
5 Thank janicemay59
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear janicemay59,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. Let me take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while visiting our hotel. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Bradfordwoods, PA
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We traveled with friends to Ocean City. We got an extremely good rate on the hotel. The pros are its location, the pools, parking and large suites. The negatives are the furniture is outdated, the Jacuzzi tub (that contains the shower) is very difficult to get in and out of (our friend fell getting out), and the price. In addition, our friends had a pipe break in their bathroom. If we had to pay full price, I would have looked for another place.

Room Tip: Get an ocean front room
2 Thank Karen B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Karen B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am pleased that you found our suites, pool and parking facilities to be our hotel's good aspects. On the other hand, it is regrettable that our furniture and hot tub fell below your standards. I have taken note of your comments including the pipe in one of our bathrooms. Rest assured that these will be used to consider upgrades as we continue to find ways to provide our guests with an exceptional service.

While I understand your stay was not a 100% satisfactory, I hope you give us another chance to host you again in the future.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We were traveling from the Williamsburg, VA area after participating in a race. Decided to swing through OC to cut our trip into two halves and enjoy a little R&R on the beach and boardwalk. We truly enjoy this city. Called the Holiday Inn on a whim and were pleasantly surprised with a last minute deal. Great oceanfront room with a king size bed. Clean and spacious. Ample parking and courteous staff. Excellent location. Middle of the boardwalk. To us, it seemed far enough away from the lower avenues so as to be removed from the noise of the attractions, but certainly a close enough walk. We have no children, but it seemed like a kid-friendly hotel. They also have an adult pool. Slept with just the screen to hear the sounds of the ocean and it was awesome!

Room Tip: Recommend upper level and oceanfront; after all, you are there for the ocean, right? ;)
1 Thank gbsutures