Let me start off by saying this is an expensive hotel. It was over $400 a night. We went with it for a few reasons. 1) it's right on the beach with 2 pools 2) suites (we needed 2 sleeping areas) 3) excellent location on the boardwalk. That was my justification before we arrived. After we arrived...
THRILLED with the pools. They had an awesome kids pool and my son was in heaven when he wasn't in the ocean. The other pool is great, too. There is also a small indoor pool, but we didn't use it.
The suites were great. The bedroom with balcony was oceanfront. Had a door that closed the rest of the suite off from the bathroom, kitchen, and front area. TV quality and channel selection was good. Kitchen had everything that you'd need. There was a table and chairs on the balcony and also in the living area. One disappointing feature--the sofabed was horrible. Just to sit on the couch was bad. Absolutely no support in the cushions. Then when I pulled the bed out use, I was shocked at how bad it was. There so NO support and you could feel absolutely everything through the very thin mattress. Seriously...they need to get new sofabeds.
The location is perfect because you are on the boardwalk, but not near the craziness. There are no rowdy bars or snack joints right below you. Everything is in easy walking distance.
Around 8pm on our first night, I called down for 2 extra blankets for the sofabed. They never came up by the time we went to bed at 9:30. By the same token, my husband never called to say "where are they?" Well, at 11pm--yes, 11pm--there's a knock at the door--"Housekeeping!" Sure enough...there were the blankets. My husband was sound asleep and shocked. I told the front desk staff the next morning and they were apologetic.
One other thing. We had the "Privacy Please" hanger on our door. We came back after lunch one day and housekeeping had dropped off towels INSIDE the room. Now, I know some will say, "Well, that's nice. He/she was taking the initiative even though you didn't want the room cleaned." Yes, BUT, we might have been in there sleeping and taking a nap with our child. I can tell you that I would've been livid if that happened. I think that is another example of the housekeeping staff not giving any consideration to the guests. So, hopefully Holiday Inn will see this and make corrections.
Rooms were very quiet. We had an excellent location at the end of the hall on a high floor so not a lot of traffic. Very appreciative.
One more thing...we arrived around 1:30 and were able to check in early. What a wonderful bonus!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury all-suite hotel located directly on the beach & boardwalk. Over-sized suites with separate living room, bedroom, and kitchens including residential size dishwasher, range, refrigerator, microwave, and tons of cabinet space filled with dishes, utensils, and cookware. Private balconies overlooking the ocean feature a dining table and chairs for four person. Elegant, large bathrooms with Jacuzzi tubs in every room. Elevated outdoor pool and expansive deck overlooking the beach. Four story atrium with indoor pool, open-air restaurant, fitness center, and game room. Meeting facilities. Guest laundry on every floor, free HBO & Disney channel, complimentary newspaper, coffee and fruit. Video tape players & computer data ports in every room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, IHG and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotels And Suites Ocean City Hotel Ocean City
- Ocean City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Ocean City Maryland
- Holiday Inn Ocean City Md