“Always a pleasure!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Baltimore, Maryland
“Always a pleasure!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2008

I've stayed at this hotel a handful of times with my husband. Most of them have been during the off season. I decided on a whim to come down for a few days right before Christmas this year. After checking rates online, I decided to change it and not make reservations. When I got to the front desk the two attendants were wonderful, gave me a fabulous rate and even took the time to recommend restaurants that were open and explained the holiday lights OC has every year.
The rooms are SO comfortable. Even more comfortable than I remember. The beds have great linens and it's so nice to be able to cook your own food instead of having to eat out the whole time (each room has a kitchen) My girlfriend, her daughter, and I loved the pool. It was so relaxing and warm. We unfortunately did not get to grab a drink at the bar or eat there.
The only gripe I had was the room we had was on the 14th floor and the wireless internet signal did not reach up there. I requested a high floor due to the view. They said they were in the middle of upgrading and offered an ethernet cord to use in the outlet.
One other gripe was the stove and cooking utensils were a bit worn. The burner was tilted so the pan kept sliding off a bit as I was trying to cook.
Other than that it's my favorite hotel in OC, and I've stayed at quite a few! I can't wait to return!

• Liked — The linens!
  • Disliked — Having to go back home!
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank MDcouple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Arabic first
Hagerstown, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2008

Stayed first week of Oct. for four nights. We went without reservations and we were glad we did. The HI was where we most wanted to stay so we tried them first. Had only a few vacancies due to car show coming in middle of the week. Had oceanfront but we looked at the southern view room first and were so satisfied that we took it without looking at oceanfront suites. Offered us a rate of $89.00 a night and we jumped on it. It was myself and my boyfriend and my sister and her husband and we were very comfortable in the room. We were on the ninth floor(highest for southern view) and the 2nd suite over from the oceanfront.

Two double beds in bedroom with TV armoire and VCR, additional dresser, side chair, large closet with mirroed doors. Bathroom consisited of jucuzzi tub, rainfall showerhead, lots of thick fluffy towels and nice amenities. Living room had a comfy sofa, reading chair and ottoman another TV armoire with DVD player and a table with four chairs. Full kitchen with everything you would need to make a meal.

The view from the balcony was one of the best I've had while in OC. You could fully see and hear the ocean, as well as the bay on the other side. We a had a wonderful view of the city all the way to the inlet and over to Assautegue. On clear days you could see the ponies. The city was so pretty lit up at night. See pictures but please forgive my poor picture taking abilities.

The indoor pool as a perfect 80 degrees everyday and was a nice way to warm up after a cool evening stroll on the boardwalk. All staff was attentive and friendly. Housekeeping keep our room spotless. One of the best parts is that they participate in a enviromental preservation program. If you hang your towels up they leave the same ones in the room(our maid even refolded and made them look pretty again everyday). Sheets are changed every three days and after checkouts of course. This saves water and detergent and it something that I think every hotel should do.

We tried the pool cafe for an afternoon snack and it was very good. Ordered som appys and drinks and it was delivered promptly and our server was very sweet.

Even though they were almost full we never had a problem with elevators or parking. Ocean City was a buzz and almost all restaurants,shops on boardwalk and amusements were open.

We had a great week and a lot had to do with our wonderful suite and fantastic view fron the Holiday Inn. Already planning to go back for the Air Show in June and will stay at this hotel.

• Liked — View from balcony, cleanliness
  • Disliked — everything was great!
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
5 Thank sailorgirl45
Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2008

This is our 5th year of staying here and most likely our last. I found cigarettes and cigars (used) on our balcony of our non-smoking room. I found toys and dust bunnies under the bed and when I moved the curtain I found a half eaten slice of pizza. Our feet/socks turned very dirty when walking around the room. The pool was absolutely frigid, which hotel was aware of because on our 2nd day of the trip they were pumping hot water into the pool. Some of the kitchen cupboards were falling off the hinges and the screen to the balcony was ripped in several places. Only 1 light switch out of 4 worked in the bathroom. It was very disheartening to say the least. The dirtiness gave me the willies, so next year I'm going to either spend less at a different hotel on the boardwalk and get what I pay for or I'm going to spend roughly the same at the hilton and get what I pay for, but I'm definetly not staying at the Holiday Inn.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Pretty much everything
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank blue4giraffe
Ruckersville, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2008

My husband and I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn & Suites for a romantic weekend getaway. We arrived 4 hours prior to check-in time due to the approaching tropical storm. We relaxed in the hotel restaurant/bar/pool area while we were waiting for our room to be ready. The bartender was very friendly and although overpriced, the food was great (everything in OC seems to be overpriced). We were pleasantly surprised when they informed us our room was ready at 1pm (2 hrs prior to check in time).

We booked the king bed corner suite with jacuzzi in the room. It was quite a spacious suite with a fully stocked kitchen area (blender, toaster, coffee pot, utensils, pots/pans, etc). The linens were clean and the bed very comfortable. The floors were all tile and we mistakenly assumed they were mopped between guests. My husband spilled a bit of water on the floor and used a white washcloth to wipe it up. We were a bit disturbed when we found the washcloth had turned a brownish-gray. Other than the floor, the room seemed to be very clean. The hotel is definitely starting to show its age, but we saw nothing that interfered with our ability to enjoy our stay. We've recently stayed at the OC Hilton and have to admit that the Hilton was much nicer/newer but you wind up paying up to $100-$200 more per night. Due to the price break, we will definitely be staying at the Holiday Inn & Suites again.

• Liked — Beachfront
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kmflutist
Richlands, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2008

My husband and I stayed here on a whim. It was a Friday morning and decided we wanted to get away for a couple of nights. I was surprised that when my husband called the property they were extremely helpful in getting us the least expensive package they could find (I guess we got lucky because it was offseason). Anyway, we paid $199 for the weekend and that price included a $50 gift certificate for dinner and a chilled bottle of wine waiting upon arrival. The room was immaculate - very clean and well stocked. There was a living/dining room with a couch/seat/coffee table and TV. The dining area was small - can't imagine a family sitting down for dinner there..but it was nice to have. There was a full "galley" style kitchen and a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. The bedroom was nice and had another TV. The balcony overlooked the beach and had a table with four chairs. The staff was very nice and we liked the food at the restaurant the one night we ate there. Loved the indoor pool. It was November so obviously the outdoor pools were closed but man, did they look like fun! Yes, this place is "pricier" but overall I think it is worth it.

• Liked — The room and the view
  • Disliked — No complaints!
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank silverbow
Pittsburgh PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2008

This place was okay, but I wouldn't say that it's worth the steep price. For the price you're paying, you can get a MUCH nicer place at one of the condo's. The only problem with condos is that you have to bring your own towels and linens, but I think the next time I go to OC, I will deal with that inconvenience.

The location is ideal, there is no question about that. But the suite itself doesn't really live up to expectations, i.e.it's not as nice as the pictures on the website. I will say this though, the bed was VERY comfortable, and the bathroom was pretty big for a hotel.

The housekeeper did a good job every day, but the hotel should have a broom in the closet for guests to use to sweep up the sand. Also, there were dish towels but no dish RAGS....no huge deal, but I found that quite odd.

The kids pool was nice, but man do those kids scream...this is not the place to go for young couples with no children.

All in all, it was better than your average hotel at Ocean City. But for this kind of money, you're better off staying at one of the condos instead.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The noise
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank christyk0104
nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2008

My family and I stayed at this property for four nights. Except for a shaky part during the booking process the entire experience was amazing.

The hotel is very clean, the staff beyond helpful, and rooms spacious.

My daughter and nieces loved the pool!!! We have been to ocean city for the past five years and will now make this property our new destination!

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family