“Great hotel”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City
Ranked #12 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 22 April 2010

I received a free nights stay at the Holiday Inn, 17th St and the Boardwalk. The hotel was great, very clean, bright and cheerful. The staff was very helpful and attentive. The hotel is at a great location on the boardwalk, and the views are fantastic. The indoor pool is a little small, but adequate. The exercise room is also adequate for a hotel.

Our suite was very spacious and the beds were quite comfortable. I was also impressed that the hotel had washers and dryers for the guests use. Even though we didn't use it, I loved the idea that if we got caught in the rain, or my son made a mess, we could have done laundry without lugging everything to a Laundromat.

My only complaint with the hotel, was the water pressure in the shower was not great. The whirlpool tub easily made up for it though!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank luvthebeach35
Write a ReviewReviews (1,034)

Reviewed 7 April 2010

My souse and I stayed at this hotel Easter weekend, 2010, for an adult get-away. First of all, the location was excellent. It was right on the Boardwalk, which made for a nice walk every morning and evening. The facility was very clean and the staff was friendly. Since it was spring, the 2 outdoor pools were closed, but the indoor pool was open. It was nice, but a bit small. We did have breakfast at the café next to the pool. It was quite good and reasonable priced. We didn’t get a change to eat at their up-scale restaurant.

Our room, a king oceanfront, was amazing. What a view of the Atlantic Ocean!! It was a corner room, so we had windows along the outer wall, as well as the large sliding door on the balcony. There was a 4 person table set on the balcony. What a great place for my morning coffee and evening cocktails. The bed was comfortable and you got a choice of pillows (and from what I understand, they had even more to choose from). There was also a 2 person jetted tub in the bedroom. We didn’t get to use it, though.

The bathroom was very clean. It had a double sink and a 3-headed shower, which I found very relaxing after my morning walk. There were plenty of towels and bath supplies.

The kitchen was up-to-date with a full sized fridge and stove. It also had a dishwasher. It even had a blender!! They gave you several extra coffee packets for the coffee maker. Most hotels only give you 1 or 2 per day. I didn’t have to use the extra coffee that I brought (I drink a lot of coffee).

The living room was comfy. It had pull out couch, which we didn’t use, and a chair with ottoman. It also had a 4 person table set. The flat screened TV had a DVD player (as did the one in the bedroom).

I did have a couple of issues. One thing is that the entire suite is tiled. I understand that because it is at the beach, it is probably the easiest to way to keep it clean, but I am sure it can get slippery. Another thing is that the parking is lacking. We had to park in an overflow lot across the street, which did fill up quickly. I am sure that when it is summer season, parking is a big issue.

Overall, this hotel was excellent. I would recommend it to anyone going to Ocean City, who wants to stay in a nicer hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ticky v
Reviewed 15 February 2010

My husband and I stayed here last summer before we went on our honeymoon in Greece. We just drove down from Philly, to get a mini pre honeymoon break and we didn't have any idea where we were going to stay, however my husband had mention he saw this Holiday Inn on Trip Advisor and it had great reviews.

So we just walked in and ask for a room on the spot and it was more than what we expected. They gave us a suite and it was clean, roomy, comfortable, modern and fantastic view of the beach.

The hotel is in the middle of everything and right on the beach. It has its' own private pool if you choose to stay off the beach.

We are definitely staying again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MsLibrarian
Reviewed 25 January 2010

I planned a kidnap for my husband & I to Ocean City, MD. Stayed at the Holiday Inn on 17th Street and glad we did. The room was spacious, well maintained and beautiful. The ocean view was spectacular! Indoor pool was warm and very clean. Love that the bar was open 365 days a year. Sometimes hotels will cut corners and close the bar for the winter months. Not at this Holiday Inn, everything was top notch!! Delicious Cuban sandwich and gin & tonic for lunch! MMMmm!! Staff was exceptional! Everyone spoke and was so willing to help. By far the nicest Holiday Inn I have ever stayed at. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a vacation or weekend kidnap for your spouse! We will definately be going back in season to enjoy the beautiful beaches and sites of Ocean City.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RudyMc
Reviewed 22 January 2010

Sorry this review is late. My husband and I stayed here Oct 10-12th to celebrate our 4th anniversary. We were going to book a southern view suite, but as a surprise, my husband booked an ocean view suite! We had a lovely view of the ocean.
The one problem we had that was taken care of right way, was our balcony was swarmed with bugs and a few were inside on our sliding door. One call down to the front desk and two men came armed with bug spray and they went to work. No problems after that! The room was very, very spacious and clean. I loved the fact that we went off season, so the town was not over run with vacationers, but there were still many people in town that weekend. I would truly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank klb0521
Reviewed 10 December 2009

Stayed here mid-week (Tu-Th) December 2009.
Lobby not on ground level - it's up a floor - staff was quite friendly, no problems checking in. No express check out.
Lots of free parking with overflow across the street.
Looks like great outdoor pools but they're closed for the season right now. Indoor pool was nice. If your key doesn't work to open the pool door just push the handicap access button and it will open or enter through the gates in the cafe.
The poolside cafe was a kind of cheap looking, but we found we could get the same food items at the same price in the nicer dining room area (Hemingway's). It all comes from the same kitchen!
There's no complimentary breakfast though they had some fruit on the front desk (banana's and oranges). Layton's, a family restaurant, is now open year round and is located across the street next the CVS (on the main drag). They had some impressive specials and dyno biscuits and cost a lot less than the hotel cafe.
The room itself was good. Had a rain shower head above the whirlpool tub, both the bed and the sofa (sleeper) rooms had flat screen TV's. One TV had a DVD, the other a VCR.
The balcony was spacious - a nice table and 4 chairs were provided.
I'd go back to this hotel, not sure what it's like during summer season, but for a quiet and relaxing getaway it worked great.
The one complaint I have was when I booked through the 1-800 number, the agent was VERY difficult to understand (probably not located in America). I had to repeat back everything to make sure I understood her. She took my credit card information and then LIED saying since the hotel was booked to capacity there would be no refund if we had to cancel. Turns out the hotel was NOT booked to capacity. If this happens again in the off season I will simply not book and take my chances when I get there. However, this was a problem with the reservation line, not the hotel, so I don't hold it against them.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lovestotravelohyeah
Reviewed 1 December 2009

I have always wanted to stay at this hotel. Not having the best luck lately, I said the heck with it and splurged a little. The place was beautiful and very clean. The room was well stocked. On Thanksgiving the room didn't have a small sharp knife or a peeler, so we called down to the front desk to see if there were any available; they didn't, but they had sent someone to the store and they got us a peeler so we could peel our potatoes. That was not necassary, but they went out of their way to accomodate us. They had a majic show on Friday for the kids. The magician was very good and so was the show, although the magician didn't seem to "kid friendly" it was still good. The only "complaint" we would have would be that the indoor pool was cold, I heard several people comment about that, but it wasn't really a big deal. We could never afford this place in season and it was still a little on the high side in off season for us but we just did it. Would I stay here again? Definatley!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family