“I'm a Starwood or better traveler and this beach hotel met my standards”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City
Ranked #10 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Atlantic Beach, Florida
“I'm a Starwood or better traveler and this beach hotel met my standards”
Reviewed 6 June 2010

We searched high and low for a chain hotel on the beach. Although this hotel was not our first choice...we are happy we ended up staying there. First of all the staff, even the newly hired staff, were all very nice, polite, attentive and just made the hotel better. Brian was the manager on duty and I complimented him on his hiring and training. Ok, the room, we had a corner suite ocean front and were quite comfortable. Something about taking a jacuzzi watching and listening to the ocean. We ate breakfast there everyday and service was fast and made to order. Location? the best, walk out to the beach and turn to the left and you hit the beginning of the boardwalk...close but not too close. The pool set up was nice with a kiddie side and an adult side with bar! The hotel was clean, the staff friendly and location was the best. Also, for some nice local eating and drinking we took a $12 taxi to Harborside... highly recommend going there for food and music...great for adults! I gave this hotel 5 stars based on the fact that it is a beach hotel.... so in it's element it is a 5 star.

Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BrenKen1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Arabic first
CT
Reviewed 5 June 2010

Much better than we expected. Right on the beach. Large suites with full kitchen and useable balcony facing the ocean. Exceptionally clean. Large pool area water slides for kids. Quiet. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Capitol Heights
Reviewed 1 June 2010

This was by far the best hotel in Ocean City that I have stayed in. The rooms were wonderful, and CLEAN. There were NO PETS allowed which I thought was great. The cleaning staff was excellent, along with the front desk. The room service food, was the best. The noise level was minimal, even though we had an ocean front suite. Even with all the people walking down the boardwalk, I was able to keep the balcony door open while I slept. This place was heaven! A full kitchen, with dishes, really took me by surprise. There is just not enough space to give this place the praise it deserved. I will definitely return.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank E_Shay
Towson, Maryland
Reviewed 28 May 2010

The hotel had everything we needed and more! Jacuzzi, full kitchen, ocean front view, comfortable beds, pillows of every type! The kids pool was terrific with the slides and a lazy river. Everything was very clean and well kept. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. There was free fruit and coffee available around the clock and free papers. We had a terrific stay and would highly recommend it for the money.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank u2girl612
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed 27 May 2010

My husband and I go to Ocean City each year for SpringFest weekend. For the past few years we’ve stayed here. We choose this hotel because it’s on the Boardwalk and within walking distance to all the Boardwalk attractions, we love the whirlpool tub in the bathroom, the beds are comfy and the view from the rooms is awesome. Also, when you get off the elevators on your floor, they have large windows where you can see the entire bay side of Ocean City! This year we went down without a reservation and the only rooms they had left were Southern view rooms. Even the view from there was good. We could see the ocean, all the way down the boulevard to the pier and when it was really clear, we could even see Assateague. The only problem we encountered this time was when we opened the sliding door in the bedroom (we like to sleep with it open), the entrance door in the living room made a lot of blowing/wind noise, but it was an especially windy weekend so that might have been the reason. We love Holiday Inn and Suites and will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SugarMagnolia923
valdivine
Reviewed 26 May 2010

I was traveling with a group of friends (5 ladies) for a girls weekend. I was concerned that the room would feel cramped with that many people. But it didn't! The suite was great! There was a full living room and kitchen. The beds were comfortable and the room clean. The location is great too. It is right on the boardwalk and near many restaurants and activities (CVS across the street too). Our room had a great view of the ocean and a nice balcony on which to sit and relax. There were two outdoor pools. One pool was geared towards kids. It had a lazy river current to float you around the pool (which is kind of strong for the little kids) and two water slides. It also has an outdoor hot tub (for the adults). It was really nice to be able to sit in the hot tub overlooking the beach and boardwalk. The restaurant on the premises was sufficient, but not bad. There is a nice jewelry store downstairs on the boardwalk that will give you a discount if you are staying at the hotel.
I would definitely like to bring friends or family here next time we come to OC.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank valdivine
Cockeysville, Maryland
Reviewed 5 May 2010

My husband and I stayed here for a quick weekend getaway. We had a wonderful time. We had a corner king suite, so I believe that our room was a little bigger than some, and it was huge. Nice jacuzzi tub in the bedroom was a fun touch. The kitchen area was more than what we needed, but stocked nicely with newer appliances. The living area was roomy. The couch and chair a little older, but not uncomfortable. TVs nice, but had a VCR in the bedroom...would have preferred a DVD player. The DVD was in the living room area. Not that we spent a lot of time watching TV, but did bring one movie. No on demand movies, which was a little different.

The pools outside looked very nice. People were in them and sitting around them. We didn't get it as it was still a little cold for our liking. The indoor pool area was nice enough, a little small, but typical for OC.

Please be aware that they do require one nights deposit. I specifically asked this when I booked on the 1-800 holiday # when I called to book, and they told me there wasn't a charge to book. I was more than a little ticked when I looked at my bank acct, and saw the 1 night charge. The hotel manager was not helpful, and just blamed the 1 800 number for the mixup. The hotel management NEVER did anything to help correct the mix-up, even after the guest relations dept promised me money off my stay, and free breakfast. When we checked in no one knew of the issues. After 4 calls to the 1-800 number, the guest relations dept finally grabbed the ball and addressed my concerns, and quite nicely, I might add.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple